I'd like to check if generating OTPs is planned for ESET Password Manager?

Offering a simple migration from Bitwarden is very nice, but not warning the users that OTPs will be lost is a really bad practice btw.

Thanks,

D.

• ESET Insiders
43 minutes ago, HaDeSz said:

I'd like to check if generating OTPs is planned for ESET Password Manager?

Offering a simple migration from Bitwarden is very nice, but not warning the users that OTPs will be lost is a really bad practice btw.

Thanks,

D.

Eset doesn’t develop the password manager. It’s a port of Saferpass. 

• 2 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

As mentioned in this topic bellow 

I'd like to suggest having a page that shows a list of all modules and their version numbers, dates etc. for both Stable and Pre-Release updates.

The idea is simple - if someone thinks their product might not be updating, they can check the list, and see if their modules match. I've seen some people question that some modules haven't updated in a while, and have worried they have a problem. This would reduce posts about this, and mean people can possibly identify update issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ESET Notifications

It would be good if the notifications can be tweaked - preferably with a font size that is a bit larger and have a solid white style notifications without the transparency thingy. 

*Suggestion* - password manager as separate program which i can run from start menu or desktop as eset password manager.exe

I would like to see password manager as separate program. And also connected (synchronized with my.eset.com without have any license free 20 items for example) 

And also allow free version (for example 20 accounts/items) if more then Pro version like other. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Description:  Ease of Enabling Gamer Mode by Adding Enable/Disable Option to ESET System Tray Icon
Detail:  Reduce number of clicks to get to and enable Gamer Mode by adding Gamer Mode to the list of Tools/Actions menu when right clicking on the ESET system tray icon. I count 5 to 6 clicks to get to Gamer Mode based on if you have the ESET system tray icon showing or not. Adding Gamer Mode to the system tray icon will aid in ease of use, cut down number of clicks to enable a feature worthy to exist in the application itself, and make end users happy as I see this requested in some form or fashion.

Thanks ESET team!

Virusradar - Display threats in real time

It would be nice to see if ESET's Virusradar display threats in real time - similar to Bitdefender's Threatmap (https://threatmap.bitdefender.com/) or Kaspersky's Cybermap (https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/)

2 hours ago, nabeelmansoor said:

Virusradar - Display threats in real time

It would be nice to see if ESET's Virusradar display threats in real time - similar to Bitdefender's Threatmap (https://threatmap.bitdefender.com/) or Kaspersky's Cybermap (https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/)

Agree.

Apart from that, add sample submission function to Virusradar for convenient and traceable malware sample submission.

When I hover the mouse over ESET tray icon I get "ESET version....."

First, everyone knows that the icon if for ESET, no need for explanation

Second, displaying the version does not mean anything; we do not know if it is the last version or not, unless we search deep on the internet.

More useful would be a message like :

"ESET update performed at 10:25AM, 25.07.2022"

Edited by rotaru

• 2 weeks later...

Please introduce new features to ESET Smart Security Premium or ESET Internet Security.

1. Add two factor authentication via sms text message over mobile device. A lot of users don't use 2fa based on authenticator app. Make sure sms based 2fa is required for any ESET login and for first time logging in over ESET Password manager's app over any platform. It is a basic feature which is necessarily required.

2. Ask for Password when scanning "password protected zip files / password protected archives". Show a screen with ESET interface to provide user to enter Password when scanning via computer scan or context menu scan for password protected zip files and so that ESET can deal with the threats without decompressing the content of zip files. Kaspersky and Bitdefender provide such options. Its good to see if ESET introduces it as well.

3. I think ESET protects keyloggers from intercepting data when entered into Protected browser. But ESET can provide Keylogging protection by scrambling the data entered in browser. Sophos Home Premium provides such features. It will be interesting to see such features in ESET Smart Security Premium.

New firewall filtering mode:

LiveGrid-based (reputation-based mode): Unlike automatic mode, reputation based mode uses reputation information from the LiveGrid. The firewall automatically allows trusted applications to make outbound connections and notifies users when unknown applications attempt to connect to the Internet.

I am using Smart Security Premium v15, Home Edition, on a Windows 10 Acer Laptop.

I frequently get "File is blocked for analysis" pop-ups, which are unhelpful to me, as they do not tell me which file, what the associated process is, or what path the file is trying to access.  The log file viewer of the ESET GUI, does not provide this information.

As you can see from the attached screen shot, all that log provides is the date and time of the detection (for which I receive a pop-up) followed by a 'file safe to use' time and date (when the pop-up notification occurred).

What I want to know is:  a)  What is the file name being blocked/analyzed, b) why it is being blocked/analyzed, and c) what program/file path is associated with the blocked file beyond "<Computer Name>/<User Name>.

The support technicians have informed me that this information is not available through the home edition.  I would request that it be made available to the home edition.  I would very much like to know what process/program is behaving suspiciously enough to warrant a file being sent for analysis and why it is being sent  (i.e. looks like 'xxx' trojan.) and where this program/process resides on my computer (ie. drive and file path).

I am posting the request here as that is where the support technician said I should post it.  The case number is:  #00389448

Thank you,

Kevin

Screenshot 2022-07-06 165628.png

• Marcos changed the title to Add more detail to the log GUI. Case number #00389448

Description: Re-enable the user to sort firewall rules (e.g. in alphabetical order) in interactive mode
Detail: When viewing the contents of a folder in Windows-Explorer, the user can sort the items by any of the categories that are shown in the "Details" layout, e.g. Name, Date Modified, Type, Size etc. That possibility to sort items is essential when working with large lists. Users of the interactive firewall mode are collecting dozens of firewall items, and I found myself missing the sorting feature several times now. To me, this is an essential feature, affecting the usability of the interactive firewall mode.

This feature has been requested way back in 2016 here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/7473-sorting-the-firewall-rules-list-by-name-date-etc/. As it seems, the list sorting feature was available in earlier versions. Please bring it back!

dialog_epfw_app_tree_rules_page.png

• 1 month later...

Simple one...rename the 'System Cleaner' to something more relavant/approrpiate to what it actually does, i.e., something like System Setting Restore or Suystem Setting Cleaner.

Just calling it what it is now gives the impression that it is a system cleaner in the larger sense of the phrase, i.e., cleams temp files, registory, shortcuts, etc....like many of ESET's competition now bundle into their suites.

Description: Real Time connection View 

Detail: i would like to have the option to view the real time bandwidth speed and connection something similar to comodo 

product or glasswire  it would be very helpful and useful to see connection in real time with bandwidth speed 

also thanks for the awesome product it's really good and affordable regards 

• Most Valued Members

Description: Allow LiveGuard to work with download managers

Detail  Currently if you download via a download manager, LiveGuard will not work properly.

I downloaded a test file and it would not run, no are you sure you want to open this type of file alert but noticed the file has been sent by liveguard in the logs. This was with Free Download Manager (fdm). No alert from liveguard.

Correct behaviour worked when using Chrome to download the file. Liveguard popped up saying it was checking the file etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Description: Allow an option to import and export user made HIPS rules only.

Details: Currently it's possible to export full product settings, which ESET users highly appreciate, but a setting to import and export HIPS rules only will be very helpful too. 

Edited by SeriousHoax

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Mr_Frog said:

Maybe one more for firewall rules.

16 hours ago, SeriousHoax said:

Description: Allow an option to import and export user made HIPS rules only.

Details: Currently it's possible to export full product settings, which ESET users highly appreciate, but a setting to import and export HIPS rules only will be very helpful too. 

It would probably be easier if you could export specific stuff in general  or everything and when importing have the option to import everything or select certain stuff