Firewall isn't available in Server Security

Go to solution Solved by Mr_Frog,

Hey guys, I've installed the latest version of ESET Server Security on clean Windows Server today, but the firewall isn't available in setting! What should I do?

Screenshot 2024-05-01 225947.jpg

• Administrators

How did you activate ESET Server Security? Using a license key, offline license file or an EBA account? Did you activate it directly on the server or via ESET PROTECT?

25 minutes ago, Marcos said:

How did you activate ESET Server Security? Using a license key, offline license file or an EBA account? Did you activate it directly on the server or via ESET PROTECT?

Using ESET Protect 

I have the same problem. Just installed today and firewall is not included. Installation options are I select all.  

Are there still problem with this product?

Here is the screenshot: 
01.Module.thumb.png.85a3e1f25e74ff1cce71e7584b9c4cc2.png

02.About.thumb.png.3ba1a2a6cf9a43b88bef37e63011beac.png

03.Network.thumb.png.f9d5544e3138ec0c431664f898035ad3.png

8 hours ago, Mr_Frog said:

I have the same problem. Just installed today and firewall is not included. Installation options are I select all.  

Are there still problem with this product?

I've checked the module on my installation and I have the Firewall too!

fw.jpg

Posted (edited)

My guess is something is screwed up with the installer's validation of Eset Protect existence;

The Firewall is available only if you have an active ESET PROTECT Entry Tier subscription and above.

https://help.eset.com/efsw/11.0/en-US/idh_config_epfw_basic_group.html

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, itman said:

My guess is something is screwed up with the installer's validation of Eset Protect existence;

There has been no clarification from ESET staff about this topic. The indications are that there are definitely still problems with this product after they decided to include a firewall and it looks like the testing was not good enough.

• Administrators

Could you please confirm or deny that the issue has been resolved in the mean time?

On 5/6/2024 at 4:26 PM, Marcos said:

Could you please confirm or deny that the issue has been resolved in the mean time?

No, the firewall isn't available

fw.jpg

• Solution

I installed it again today and chose Custom type. Now firewall is alrady included. 

Screenshot2024-05-08094916.thumb.png.74ff077e2f6f3d13a7deca4792989ae1.png

Screenshot2024-05-08094937.png.c3903ec2e0713e89db07c31d33ef331d.png

On 5/8/2024 at 3:16 AM, Mr_Frog said:

I installed it again today and chose Custom type. Now firewall is alrady included. 

So I uninstall and reinstall with Custom type but didn't work! Then I've uninstalled the Server Security and Agent in safe mode and reinstall normally with only difference that I didn't activate using Protect server instead I used my account to activate and now firewall is activated.
I hope ESET fix this bug ASAP.

Same here, firewall included - but not activated/available.
Not to insult anyone, but it seems that more and more software companies are going  "the Microsoft way", as in not enough testing before releasing. Honestly, I don't have time to explore what solution is the right solution for me; uninstall this - install that; because my users have even less time to wait when will they continue their work. I expect that the next update(s) will include(activate) firewall based on my license key ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ajvan said:

Same here, firewall included - but not activated/available.
Not to insult anyone, but it seems that more and more software companies are going  "the Microsoft way", as in not enough testing before releasing. Honestly, I don't have time to explore what solution is the right solution for me; uninstall this - install that; because my users have even less time to wait when will they continue their work. I expect that the next update(s) will include(activate) firewall based on my license key ?

Reactivation would be needed as a fix was made on the EDF licensing backend system.  The issue was caused by changes needed to add compatibility with a legacy licensing system used by some of ESET partners.