BSOD due to ESET v. 11.0.2044.0

We have two new Dell Optiplex 7010 machines with 13th-generation i5 chips.

Both machines have started (in the past few days) to experience BSODs, and when looking at Crash Dumps, both machines reference em006_64 as the problematic DLL - which is ESET-related.

Is anyone else seeing this issue or have any level of resolution to this?  Would a roll-back help?  

• Administrators

The dump will be probably quite big so you'd better compress it, upload it to a safe location (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.) and drop me a private message with a download link.

Yes, recently I have seen this on a new Dell Windows 11 Pro Latitude laptop, Dell Inspiron and OptiPlex PCs. Still no solution. Using ESET antivirus version 17.0.16.0

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Durango747 said:

Yes, recently I have seen this on a new Dell Windows 11 Pro Latitude laptop, Dell Inspiron and OptiPlex PCs. Still no solution. Using ESET antivirus version 17.0.16.0

Please provide a kernel or better complete memory dump from a crash to determine the cause of the issue. The dumps provided by Cubex Group did not show ESET being the culprit but we're still analyzing them.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:30 AM, Cubex Group said:

both machines reference em006_64 as the problematic DLL - which is ESET-related.

Em006_64.dll is Eset's anti-stealth; i.e. rootkit scanner, module. Makes sense this might be the source of Win blue screening.

As a temporary workaround, disable Eset anti-stealth option and see if that stops the blue screens.

-EDIT- Looks like Eset removed the ability to disable anti-stealth via GUI option in later versions.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Chas4 said:

@Marcos Is that an older version of the ESET software installed?

V11.0.2044 is the latest version of ESET Endpoint products for Windows.

4 hours ago, itman said:

-EDIT- Looks like Eset removed the ability to disable anti-stealth via GUI option in later versions.

Not really, it was a redundant setting controlling an obsolete way of hooking that was not supported on modern Windows systems anyways.

13 hours ago, Durango747 said:

Try the current version 17.1.11.0 instead.

11 hours ago, Marcos said:

V11.0.2044 is the latest version of ESET Endpoint products for Windows.

I asked as this was the home user versions, so I guess this was just in the wrong forum section