Upgrading ESET Appliance from CentOS 7 to CentOS8

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to upgrade the ESET Protect Appliance from CentOS7 to CentOS8 ? I'm not familiar with the appliance directly (i only use the web console) and i would like to know if it's possible to connect on the appliance and to "switch" on a linux terminal for upgrading my CentOS ?

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Vim_enjoyer

• Administrators

The latest version of CentOS Linux supported by updates is v7. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS#Versioning_and_releases, v8 reached EOL on Dec 31, 2021.

We have a VA based on a fully supported Rocky Linux that you can download and use.

Hello Marcos,

Ty for your answer. I haven't checked that so thank you.

I want to stick with the Virtual Appliance so i will follow the ESET's guide here: https://help.eset.com/protect_deploy_va/11.0/en-US/va_upgrade_migrate.html#recommended - chapter "ESET PROTECT VA upgrade/migration". But in my quick read, i understand the pull of the back up but what about the Certification Authority and Peer Certificates ? Because at what step i push the backup and the "Certification Authority and Peer Certificates" database in my new VA ? 

Best regards