• Most Valued Members

may i suggest a feature that during uninstall, the uninstaller will ask us if we want to keep the current settings intact in case we are going to reinstall it again later.

since we are already able to import/export the settings, removing the program and keeping the settings (assuming the current settings don't cause any issues) will allow for much easier program configuration after reinstallation.

Description: An easier way to copy only the hash of a detected sample from the log.

Details: Currently it's not possible to copy only the hash of a detected file. In order to copy the hash we need to copy the whole detection log of a sample. But sometimes users just want to quickly copy the hash and check on Virustotal to get a second opinion about the detected sample.

• ESET Insiders

I whait for a tick or mark for each link ,Search Advisor !

Safe search results informed about malware and fraudulent websites within your search results.

Edited by glugy

• 4 weeks later...

Description:   Menu Structure.

Example:  The "Banking & Payment Protection" is under the TOOLS menu item.

However the advanced settings for "Banking & Payment Protection" is under SETUP menu /  Internet Protection / Advanced Setup / Banking & payment Protection.

It would be more intuitive if all the related "Banking & Payment Protection" were sub menus of TOOLS / "Banking & Payment Protection"

OR under SETUP / "Banking & Payment Protection"

Thanks

John 

Description: Show all the tools when clicking on "Tools", not only three of them
Detail: It seems rather unnecessary that you have to click on "Tools" and then on "More Tools" since the "Tools" page only shows 3 tools, completely wasting space. 

Also, take a look at ESET Endpoint Security ver.5. It was way better this way; just a click on "Tools" brings you a complete overview, nice and tidy. Please bring it back this way!

Business Endpoint Security 5 for Windows | ESET

• Most Valued Members

While not a program feature, every so often we get posts about auto renewal.

I think people would be happy if the default for this was off. You could even have a warning come up during purchase saying eset is set to not auto renewal if you keep this disabled your product will end on (date inserted)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, peteyt said:

While not a program feature, every so often we get posts about auto renewal.

Regarding licensing, pricing, e-store, autorenewal, etc. please contact your local ESET distributor since this is fully in their hands and it usually varies across countries.

• ESET Insiders

I wouldn't mind seeing an option within the Outlook plugin to report phishing / spam emails to ESET where emails + attachments are sent to ESET for antispam engine detection. I've been getting a lot of phishing junk that GMail, claiming that I've won a generator, or pots and pans or other garbage from Walmart/Costco/etc that GMail antispam has been missing. I just installed Outlook + ESET today and it's missing those emails too.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, gisuck said:

I wouldn't mind seeing an option within the Outlook plugin to report phishing / spam emails to ESET where emails + attachments are sent to ESET for antispam engine detection. I've been getting a lot of phishing junk that GMail, claiming that I've won a generator, or pots and pans or other garbage from Walmart/Costco/etc that GMail antispam has been missing. I just installed Outlook + ESET today and it's missing those emails too.

There's an option to mark a selected email message as spam or not spam. If you continually receive unrecognized spam, please open a support ticket for further investigation.

image.png

• Most Valued Members

Suggesting a separate option to completely hide rather than fade the green border on browsers when browser protection is enabled.

I actually think it's a good idea to fade to show that it's enabled but there's a lot of posts from people who aren't pleased. Wondering if it would be worth this with a warning. I mean can't you disbale the AV and Firewall and hide the warnings? If so I suppose it's not much different

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone, I always put it to update the eset manually. When I went to update today, I observed the image below as the appearance is outside the Black standard. I think you have to fix this problem. is a way that I can report this problem in the appearance of the antivirus.

image.png.75d6deb841d3637b87c9e9dc2e112628.png

Description: I would like to see an option in reporting on the ESMC to exclude multiple addresses (we are on the latest version 10.x). 

Detail: There is a " Is one of" which facilitates multiple entries but not a "Is not one of" option.

eset.png

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, jon1234 said:

Description: I would like to see an option in reporting on the ESMC to exclude multiple addresses (we are on the latest version 10.x). 

Detail: There is a " Is one of" which facilitates multiple entries but not a "Is not one of" option.

This is a wrong forum for reporting feedback for business products. Please re-post in the appropriate product forum.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @New_Style_xd

On 12/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, New_Style_xd said:

Good afternoon everyone, I always put it to update the eset manually. When I went to update today, I observed the image below as the appearance is outside the Black standard. I think you have to fix this problem. is a way that I can report this problem in the appearance of the antivirus.

image.png.75d6deb841d3637b87c9e9dc2e112628.png

I reproduced in with my ESSP BETA version. The colors are bit different there, but not O.K. too.

I submitted a case for the devs to check it. (P_ESSW-15934)

Thank you for your report.

P.S. I recommend to open a new forum topic for each issue so it can be tracked easily...

Peter

Use own ram drive for scan data temp fils if elong ram and user choice it for not load system drive. + that add extra security for sandbox executions.
Or solution for change temp /cache folder to another drive etc with no change system temp variables. 
or at least create "node" folder for it can be moved with symbol link .

Edited by mraksoll

• 2 months later...

Description: Move all app-specific firewall and HIPs rules into separate per-app rule editor page.

Detail: Many other firewalls collect together all rules associated with a particular app, for example Firefox.exe on Windows.  So when you want to add, modify, or remove Firewall, HIPS, or other rules related to a particular app, you pick out the app in a list (not the rule), click on that to open a window specific to that app, and then edit the rules specific to that app.

This would be much more efficient and less painful than having every firewall rule on the system dumped into a giant list that's a mile long.  This existing list would still exist for rules without an app, but would not be used for any rule with an associated app.

An example of this approach was the Agnitum Outpost Firewall which disappeared a few years ago.  (It also had HIPS features.)  I've included a screenshot.

firewall+hips-gui.png

Edited by MrZork

• 3 weeks later...

Chciałbym zaproponować funkcję, która ułatwiłaby zarządzanie w programie ESET HOME. Mam na myśli możliwość zlecenia skanowania za pomocą ESET HOME lub przeglądania logów po skanowaniu po wykryciu zagrożenia. Ułatwiłoby to zarządzanie komputerami domowymi w rodzinie, np. jeśli mamy kilka komputerów i laptopów, łatwiej byłoby wydać kilka poleceń w ESET HOME w celu uruchomienia skanowania na komputerach dzieci lub innych członków rodziny. Brakuje mi możliwości głębszego zarządzania instalacjami poprzez platformę ESET HOME, może dałoby się coś takiego wprowadzić w jakimś pakiecie dla rodzin?

Machine translation:

I would like to suggest a feature that would make it easier to manage in ESET HOME. I mean the ability to order a scan via ESET HOME or view the post-scan logs when a threat is detected. This would make it easier to manage the home computers in the family, e.g. if we have several computers and laptops, it would be easier to issue a few commands in ESET HOME to run a scan on the computers of children or other family members. I miss the possibility of deeper installation management through the ESET HOME platform, maybe something like this could be introduced in a package for families?

Edited by Marcos
Machine translation added

• 3 weeks later...

I would find it very practical to be able to change Filtering mode and Firewall profile from the tray icon (or some other faster way than going through the advanced options). I know Firewall profile can be auto applied based on the network adapters, but that's not useful for my use case. I quite often want to change those two settings manually.

Thank you for considering this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 10/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, Pumaferox said:

Description: Show all the tools when clicking on "Tools", not only three of them
Detail: It seems rather unnecessary that you have to click on "Tools" and then on "More Tools" since the "Tools" page only shows 3 tools, completely wasting space. 

Also, take a look at ESET Endpoint Security ver.5. It was way better this way; just a click on "Tools" brings you a complete overview, nice and tidy. Please bring it back this way!

Business Endpoint Security 5 for Windows | ESET

I agree on this one, before clicking on Tools seeing all of the stuff together was easier on the eyes and less clicking

-----

Just another suggestion that isn't important , give us the ability to choose the old ESET icon , old school one :)

What difference it makes ? nothing , just nostalgia :)

10 hours ago, Nightowl said:

I agree on this one, before clicking on Tools seeing all of the stuff together was easier on the eyes and less clicking

-----

Just another suggestion that isn't important , give us the ability to choose the old ESET icon , old school one :)

What difference it makes ? nothing , just nostalgia :)

I really miss the old Eset icon a lot. well you could put icon change options, like KASPERSKY has in their product.

• 2 months later...

Create an ESET browser plugin to help block popups and trackers - i've been using uBlock Original - its been doing a wonderful job so far however as an ESET fan, I would definitely lookout for such an option.