Block Mobile Hotspot

Hi

Within the network infrastructure, we use both LAN and Wi-Fi to connect systems to the network, but we have created restrictions on Internet access.
Now we have noticed that a number of users use mobile hotspot and connect to the Internet illegally.
We want to use ESET Endpoint Security to create a restriction so that the systems can use the WIFI of the network, but it is not possible to use the Hotspot, and in case of connection, all traffic will be blocked.
Please guide us in this regard

• Administrators

Unfortunately blocking of USB tethering is not currently supported by Device control in ESET Endpoint products.

The main purpose of using the firewall module is to block internal traffic when using a hotspot or any network other than the internal network.
It means that when the user is connected to the LAN network and the external network at the same time, the user cannot see the internal network while using the Internet.

• Administrators

Support for blocking USB tethering is already on the improvement list for future versions.

• Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hesamasghari said:

Hi

Within the network infrastructure, we use both LAN and Wi-Fi to connect systems to the network, but we have created restrictions on Internet access.
Now we have noticed that a number of users use mobile hotspot and connect to the Internet illegally.
We want to use ESET Endpoint Security to create a restriction so that the systems can use the WIFI of the network, but it is not possible to use the Hotspot, and in case of connection, all traffic will be blocked.
Please guide us in this regard

I don't know if this helps , but could help , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restrict-the-wireless-connections-to-just/da39ebf3-c88e-4e8a-be23-7a2a5c1fd78e

But I don't know how safe it is , I could because bring a SIM internet receiver , and put an ethernet to the PC directly and work , then the WIFI preventions won't help that much , unless also blocking the ethernet from taking from other places is a possible option but I have never done that or seen that.

Edited by Nightowl