Multiple restarts due to cleaning

Go to solution Solved by Kiwifruit,

Hi, I've seen others with this issue but no solution seems to work for my installation. When I start or reboot my Windows 11 PC I get multiple popup's asking me to restart to complete the cleaning process. I do this but the next time all the same popup messages appear again. I have attached the log file for this. - Thanks in advance for any help.

ESET-Internet-Security-Log.txt

• Administrators

It is probably some php files where ESET detects PHP/Agent.VQ upon create by ZohoWorkDriveTS which seems to be an alternative to Google Drive for desktop.

It is not clear what are the files like D:\ZohoWorkDriveTS_15214227173253408199101426494295781001\.~$zstmp\Dno1y00967e349b4bf4e1f8ea8e48422f80a5e;kxltr97ca298838e74620a03135297a113d93~, whether C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoho\ZohoWorkDriveTS\bin\ZohoTS.exe creates them them because there are some PHP files being synced or they are some auxiliary files needed during sync by ZohoTS.exe.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector and make sure to collect quarantined files.

Hi Marcos, I have attached the log but unsure if I included the quarantined files. I was unable to find a checkbox for them. Cheers, David.

eis_logs.zip

• Administrators

Do you recognize this code which is highly suspicious? If not, it's very likely malicious and the detection is correct. If you think it's legit and you use it on purpose, could you provide more details on how it is used?

image.png

• Solution

Hi Marcos, I discovered it was from a compromised website that had been stored on the Zoho Workdrive and set to sync with my PC. I removed it from the sync list and the problem has been solved. Thank you for your valuable assistance. David.