• Administrators
18 hours ago, Merkme said:

Make it more easy to understand and user-friendly

ESET's products are install-and-forget. You don't have to care about setting up anything and it will protect you in the background. It can't be easier than it already is in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Make it possible to use FQDN in Firewall rules.

I saw an post from a while ago that it would not be possible but see the following link, it is:

hxxp://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-firewall-52/Firewall Objects/Addresses/FQDN Addresses.htm

• 1 month later...

Remove Refer your friend from main application interface. Your program looks now like it's shareware, trialware with that out of place blue link. It can be moved to Tools or Help and Support instead

Snipaste_2018-10-28_13-56-01.png

• Most Valued Members

It's not that big deal in my opinion @nonamelab, It's a way to bring more people to use ESET and in the same time giving the person who invited the other person who doesn't use ESET , a month of usage or more I don't remember exactly.

11 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Description: Software Update
Detail: I would like the ESET product to have a feature of updating all third party programs such as Kaspersky Internet Security Software Update.

Please no... This is security software Antivirus not updater.!!!

Download any other updater software not eset. 

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, nexon said:

Please no... This is security software Antivirus not updater.!!!

Download any other updater software not eset. 

I agree. There are already many tools in EIS I don't have a need for. Most programs will automatically check for updates if you want them to. Besides it would probably increase the price.

10 minutes ago, nexon said:

Por favor não ... Este é um software de segurança antivírus não atualizador !!!

Faça o download de qualquer outro software atualizador que não seja eset. 

Thanks for the clarification, could you inform me a program to update Third-party software, that is safe?

Description:  Merge the More tools menu into the Tools menu

Detail:  The current Tools menu only includes three less commonly used modules and leaves a huge blank space.

page_utilities.png

However, the most commonly used modules (e.g. Log files) are included in the More tools menu, which needs one more click to enter. 

page_tools.png

Merge the More tools menu into the Tools menu can make full use of the space and reduce unnecessary operations.

With the upgrade to EIS v12.0.27.0, I've (and others) lost the auto-update ability after connecting to the internet (non-dial up). My situation is when I start up in the morning, I do not automatically connect to the internet (I use at&t U-Verse). With v11, it always checked for updates AFTER I connected to my internet connection.

See https://forum.eset.com/topic/17440-eset-12-does-not-update-automatically-at-computer-startup/?do=findComment&comment=86400

When I do start up in the morning, EIS does check for updates, but I am not yet connected to the internet.

Regards.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2015 at 3:46 PM, khairulaizat92 said:

Microsoft a implémenté la fonction p2p sur sa mise à jour Windows, je me demandais si ESET pouvait faire la même chose? 

L'idée est que, lorsque les utilisateurs ESET utilisent le même réseau pour se connecter en ligne, la mise à jour peut être distribuée beaucoup plus rapidement et mieux entre eux.

Honnêtement, je réfléchis à cela car, dans mon magasin, nous fournissons des services pour les ordinateurs, les ordinateurs portables et certaines activités de cybercafés, et tous nos ordinateurs utilisent eset. Ainsi, lorsque les clients souhaitent réinitialiser leur ordinateur, nous installons eset trial sur leur ordinateur tout en leur proposant une licence complète, mais la première mise à jour prend parfois plus de temps, bien que ma vitesse d’internet soit de 20 Mbps.

iTunes Mobdro TutuApp

Bien sûr, je comprends que les mises à jour de la 1ère fois sont volumineuses et lentes, c’est juste que ça pourrait être un moyen de télécharger plus vite ou quelque chose comme ça ;) 

ESET devrait se concentrer sur le pare - feu pour assurer une protection contre les fortes inondations et attaque DDoS

Et quand quelqu'un vous donne l' inondation l' internet sera détecté et arrêté automatiquement sans que vous fassiez rien

Edited by ISHOULI

20 minutes ago, ISHOULI said:

ESET devrait se concentrer sur le pare - feu pour assurer une protection contre les fortes inondations et attaque DDoS

Et quand quelqu'un vous donne l' inondation l' internet sera détecté et arrêté automatiquement sans que vous fassiez rien

This is an English language forum. Please post in English if you expect to get any replies.

Description: improve the recognition of banking websites;

Detail: there are a lot of banking websites for which ESET doesn't suggest me to use "ESET Banking & Payment protection" when I access them. Other antivirus products instead recognize these websites.

For example:

Che Banca: https://www.chebanca.it/

Banca Mediolanum: https://www.bancamediolanum.it/

Poste Italiane: https://www.poste.it/

...and so on.

I know that I can add them manually, but their automatic recognition would be great, especially for non-expert users.

Description: speed up the first scan;

Detail: after installation, ESET performs a first scan that on my PC requires almost 7 hours. Other antivirus products instead on my PC requires 2-3 hours. I know that a deep scan is a good thing, but allow user to perform it at a later time. I think the first scan should be faster.

Description: increase the default value of "minimum verbosity of events to display";

Detail: in some situations, for example when I browse the web and some url are blocked or for example when I'm offline and ESET can't update, I receive a lot of notifications (sometimes with repetition) that not require my intervention. Reduction of these notifications would be appreciated.

I know that I can set it manually, but a new default value would be great, especially for non-expert users.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Hello,

I have a feedback about a minor change but it would help a lot , when there is a computer scan and a detected threat in the log , it should be colored other than Yellow/Orange maybe red so it can be noticed faster rather than searching the whole log for it

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Rami said:

Hello,

I have a feedback about a minor change but it would help a lot , when there is a computer scan and a detected threat in the log , it should be colored other than Yellow/Orange maybe red so it can be noticed faster rather than searching the whole log for it

Thanks.

There is it Orange and RED displayed.... What do you mean?

11.png

I am very satisfied with ESET today. But I think they could add a sandbox so the user could execute suspicious files without the possibility of infecting the computer. Another thing is please do not do anything that would compromise the system's disengagement as other famous brands did. I really like ESET because of its good detection and low impact on the system.

Edited by Marcos14

It's a really good product. I have noticed you are updating the modules in a way you didn't in the past, or possibly that's my perception. The product internet security has many features.

However, it would be nice to have a new and additional feature that really adds to the protection. Perhaps something like an AI feature, a bit heavy on resources so it should be optional. Or maybe a shielded 'session' (phrase?) for one's browsing experience, that keeps one's browsing activity separate from the rest of the system. Often people  just want to read the content of websites without doing anything, and I'd guess any malware encountered that way could be kept contained if there is a feature for that.

Again, maybe optional because not everyone has a system with the resources for more demanding tasks.

Possibly add an antispam feature for Thunderbird ? Personally I'm on version 5.

Edited by esset

51 minutes ago, esset said:

It's a really good product. I have noticed you are updating the modules in a way you didn't in the past, or possibly that's my perception. The product internet security has many features.

However, it would be nice to have a new and additional feature that really adds to the protection. Perhaps something like an AI feature, a bit heavy on resources so it should be optional. Or maybe a shielded 'session' (phrase?) for one's browsing experience, that keeps one's browsing activity separate from the rest of the system. Often people  just want to read the content of websites without doing anything, and I'd guess any malware encountered that way could be kept contained if there is a feature for that.

Again, maybe optional because not everyone has a system with the resources for more demanding tasks.

ESET already has machine learning. It's called Augur 

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/06/20/machine-learning-eset-road-augur/

They already did many articles of the subject of ML.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Marcos said:

red are unhandled threats

Could you please elaborate on just what this means? For me, it means Eset didn't fully handle the threat and further user action is required.

I asked this same question in another thread and really didn't receive what I consider a full explanation.  In my case, it was a web based browser javascript detection; ref. here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/17986-detected-threat-shows-in-red/ . The alert Eset generated states "Threat removed" and "The file has been cleaned." Also there is no required user interaction for the threat. I interpret this to be the threat was fully mitigated by Eset. Is this a correct assumption? If so, why are the threat detections shown in the Detected Threats log as red versus yellow?

-EDIT- I always forget that that I have "strict cleaning" enabled for all realtime ThreatSense selections other than for PUA. So it appears that "red" indicates Eset detected and removed the threat without performing any further activities such quarantining it, displaying user threat handling options, etc.. So in essence Eset didn't "handle the threat," it wiped it out instead.   

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
23 hours ago, Marcos14 said:

I am very satisfied with ESET today. But I think they could add a sandbox so the user could execute suspicious files without the possibility of infecting the computer. Another thing is please do not do anything that would compromise the system's disengagement as other famous brands did. I really like ESET because of its good detection and low impact on the system.

Eset doesn't have a way for users to directly test programs in a way for example like Sandboxie does. However Eset does use sandbox technologies. This link talks briefly about the technologies used by Eset https://www.eset.com/uk/about/technology/

1 hour ago, esset said:

59 minutes ago, Azure Phoenix said:

ESET already has machine learning. It's called Augur 

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/06/20/machine-learning-eset-road-augur/

They already did many articles of the subject of ML.

As mentioned by Azure Phoenix Eset does use machine learning. Like he said they have done articles about the issues of ML and AI - Right now it seems to be a buzzword and often spoken about as something new yet it's not. I'm sure a group of people released a new ML/AI product that just used buzzwords and was fake and everyone jumped on the bandwagon - it was done to show how easily it is to hype something up as something it isn't with a few words