Detected Threat Shows In Red

itman

Win 10 Home x(64) 1809, Internet Security 12.0.31

Never saw this one before. IE11 detected threat is shown in red color in the Eset associated log. Although no action appears to have occurred per log entry, I assume nothing malicious happened since the Eset alert stated threat was deleted. Note that nothing for this exists in Quarantine.

Eset_Malware.thumb.png.60f5fdb3408743bf721376b22cc80c7e.png

Edited by itman

@Marcos, suspect that the recent patch Microsoft issued for a JavaScript vulnerability which resulted in jscript.dll being modified might have busted Eset's javascript scanner in IE11. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, itman said:

@Marcos, suspect that the recent patch Microsoft issued for a JavaScript vulnerability which resulted in jscript.dll being modified might have busted Eset's javascript scanner in IE11. 

If the javascript scanner works, then the update didn't affect ESET.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

If the javascript scanner works, then the update didn't affect ESET.

Then why is the alert shown in red color? I have never seen that before as I recollect. 

Also my other questions; no action given and nothing quarantined? Because it's HTML code, Eset JavaScript scanner just blocks the code execution and that's it?

-EDIT- Below is a screen shot of the actual Eset alert. Appears my above assumption of in-memory execution blocking is correct. Also, I guess the red color is now used to show an actual threat and orange/brown used for simulated malware detection? Details on alert color coding scheme in log files would be helpful in the Eset online help.

Eset_Alert.thumb.png.c9a805c374e223f90860d3a858727cf5.png

Edited by itman