28 minutes ago, persian-boy said:

I know about SRP and smart screen also using a tool call https://github.com/AndyFul/Hard_Configurator but  I wanted to do that with Eset.
Just give a try to this tool because its unbeatable:D

Yeah, I know about this.

Just be careful with GitHub software. Being open source, it can be hacked. One of the major sources of nasty backdoors has been GitHub software.

Suggestion:
Boot time filter for the firewall to prevent data leak during the system startup.
I don't know if you have it already? but if it's not there pls consider it as an important feature thanks.

Edited by persian-boy

On 10/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, Mahoneko said:

Description: [New Feature] Firewall rules last triggered/used
Detail: [Context : using Firewall in interactive mode]  Keep the last date time a firewall rules has been triggered, and display it in the rules list window, to be able to sort by this date.
Why ? Because during the computere/Windows 'life, program are installed, uninstalled, moved, and many rules become obsolete and useless. And this is more visible with windows 10 store because each new software version is a new exe and so a new rule.
If we can find easily old and not triggered rules since a while, we could delete them to clean up the rules list (and probably improve speed of FW).

In addition, a new related feature

Description: [New Feature] Delete automatically FW rules if not triggered for XX days
Detail: [Context : using Firewall in interactive mode] . Add a configuration in the FW that can be activate and set the number of days before delete automatically a rule not triggered
- Enable auto-cleanup rules : True/False
- [If enabled] Delete rules if not triggered after [  90  ]  days

Thank you

Any feedback about these requests ?

Thank you

Description: Add option to name to firewall rules created on the spot

Detail: Please add an option to name firewall rules created on the spot under "Advanced options" (for example "Weather forecast on Start menu")

Weather.PNG

Edited by eternalromance

Description: Add option to get useful details about the remote computer

Detail: Please add an option to get whois info and host reputation (for example via Virus Total) about the "Remote computer" when creating or editing firewall rules

Edited by eternalromance

Description: Add option to allow/deny subnet to which the "Remote computer" belongs to

Detail: Please add an option to allow/deny the entire subnet to which the "Remote computer" belongs to when creating firewall rules on the spot

Description: Add option to ESET forums to see the most requested features

Detail: Please add option to ESET forums to see the most requested features so users do not send again the same features requests and can more details to the existing ones.

Edited by eternalromance

Description: Add option to show more details about the threats detected by real-time scan

Detail: Please an option to show more details about the threats detected by real-time scan including:

• Show full path to malicious/infected file or registry key (Where the malware is?)
  • Show file hashes (SHA-256; SHA-1; MD5) with link to Virus Total (Which mutation is this?)
  • Show detection name with link to detection report in Virus Radar (To which malware family it belongs to?)
  • Show if the process that tried to access the malicious/infected file or registry key was running in user or system space (Has the user tried to access the sample?)

There are detection names that cover hundreds of samples and some times it is necessary to know which is the particular sample that has been found (for example to help to determine the origin of the infection)

eicar.png

Edited by eternalromance
Explain suggestion better

• Most Valued Members

Description: More information in system cleaner

Detail: I have mentioned this previously. System cleaner is the new tool in version 11 that alerts you to system settings that have been changed from default the idea being that they could have been changed by malware.

The issue is they give no information on the actual setting just the type of setting. I tested this feature by clicking to change settings hoping I would be shown the changes and able to make a decision.

What would make more sense is having a way to see the actual changes and a way to ignore certain changes that the user wants to keep. Many people change things themselves e.g Windows tweakers and this feature could cause issues if they change things without realising. This could always be a more advanced option disabled by default.

If this cannot happen at least have a lot for this feature so that advanced users can see the changes made. If eset is changing a Windows option it shouldn't be too hard to log the change somewhere. Also an undo feature might be handy as when I tried it out hoping i would be given options eset just changed them and with no lot I have no idea what got changed 

Description: Folder, USB password.

Detail: people need the ability to make folders with password in a local computer.

Moreover make a password to a USB drive so in any computer you will need to enter a password to access files on the USB

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Biyakuga said:

Description: Folder, USB password.

Detail: people need the ability to make folders with password in a local computer.

Moreover make a password to a USB drive so in any computer you will need to enter a password to access files on the USB

For the purpose of encrypting files, folders or whole disks we offer the Secure Data module which is part of ESET Smart Security Premium.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

For the purpose of encrypting files, folders or whole disks we offer the Secure Data module which is part of ESET Smart Security Premium.

Yes I know but I do not want to encrypting my files (by the way I have ESET Smart Security Premium) I just want the ability to put a password on my folder or on my USB.

I am not sure but maybe I wrong does encrypting and password are not 2 different things ?

I am looking for something like this (Not Folder Lock):

hxxp://www.newsoftwares.net/folder-protect/

and

hxxp://www.newsoftwares.net/usb-secure/

Edited by Biyakuga

On 10/30/2017 at 10:23 AM, Biyakuga said:

Folder Lock

A password is a broken way to protect your files.
Also from what I know folder lock is easy to bypass and it only hides your files.Encryption>Password

Edited by persian-boy

Live Gird can only scan 1000 items at the same time and I don't know why?Eset pls don't do this to me:D I just tried it with 3800 DLL files to make sure all .Dll files In C are OK but had to run the reputation scan 4 times!

On 9/6/2017 at 8:05 PM, persian-boy said:

Eset needs to update the Hips module and make it work like this:
If a command wants to run via the cmd then Hips(in interactive mode)must show that command line for the user.
I mean not only show an access alert for the cmd also show the command itself and let the user see the command and then ask to allow or block it.
Also, provide an option to add our safe command lines to the Hips rules.
Im sorry for my bad English but I guess you know what I mean.

Today I Noticed you added this feature! Many thanks.I didn't know! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 5:57 AM, eternalromance said:

Show file hashes (SHA-256; SHA-1; MD5) with link to Virus Total

There is no av to redirect you to VT(why are you using av if you want to see the vt detection ?:D) if you are searching for such thing then vs would be good! not av) ! and about the hash, you can earn it with default deny software, not av!

On 10/28/2017 at 5:57 AM, eternalromance said:

Show if the process that tried to access the malicious/infected file or registry key was running in user or system space

It's already there!You can earn it with Eset hips.

4 hours ago, persian-boy said:

Would be good if I could whitelist the certain cmd command for specific application in HIPS - _ -

You need to be more specific on what you are trying to do. Give an example.

One issue I have in regards to the cmd.exe is that there is no way to restrict what .bat files it can execute. A "target" in a HIPS rule has to be an application - period. This could be accomplished if the HIPS provided a read restriction in the Files section. I really don't know why read restriction capability was never added. Every other HIPS I have used in the past had the capability.

I will also add that file wildcard capability which I have repeated asked for needs to be added to make this capability functional. The following is example rules.

1. Allow cmd.exe to read xyz.bat.

2. Block/ask cmd.exe to read C:\*\*.bat; where C:\* would mean the drive root directory and all subdirectories.