samu5614

New User Interface Change Needed

Its 2020 and Eset still has the most boring and dull UI compared to its competitors which it has been using it for a long time.

Its competitor such as Kaspersky has become the most lightest and modern UI when it was one of the most resource hungry software few years back.

I have used all major three anitivirus Eset, Kaspersky and Bitdefender. I enjoy using the Eset the most but due to its static UI every year it is taking its users away from it.

Changes and adopting to market is very important for any product and it's high time to adopt NEW and MODERN UI for its next version otherwise the company gonna loose its customer towards their competitors.

How many of you agree please comment below ?

Edited by samu5614

While we understand that gui cannot satisfy every single user, our gui is modern, clear and easy to navigate. Frequent changes of gui in AV products is not desired as it would bring more confusion for users once they get used to it. Currently we do not plan any big changes to the gui and it will be rather minor changes and improvements that we'll make in future versions.

The layout and most used features within the ESET gui are more accessible and easier to use than many of its peers. Being static does not detract from the product itself.

I doubt anyone would leave a good product behind for a bit of "eye candy" ☺️

On 9/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, samu5614 said:

Its 2020 and Eset still has the most boring and dull UI compared to its competitors which it has been using it for a long time.

Its competitor such as Kaspersky has become the most lightest and modern UI when it was one of the most resource hungry software few years back.

I have used all major three anitivirus Eset, Kaspersky and Bitdefender. I enjoy using the Eset the most but due to its static UI every year it is taking its users away from it.

Changes and adopting to market is very important for any product and it's high time to adopt NEW and MODERN UI for its next version otherwise the company gonna loose its customer towards their competitors.

How many of you agree please comment below ?

I get eset might not be the best to look at but I'm confused about your chose of words, one in particular. Boring.

An antivirus is there to protect users and the most important thing should be that it does its job. How it looks can play a part but really you just want a UI that is easy to navigate and familiarity does play a part and the average user will tend to leave their AV running in the background to do its job without opening it much if it all.

Edited by peteyt

i agree with Marcos, the UI is almost the same since 2007 if im not mistaken.
although it might be considered old and outdated, it very very functional and organized. because of that i was able to navigate myself around its options easily even though i hadn't used it for many years.

19 minutes ago, shocked said:

i agree with Marcos, the UI is almost the same since 2007 if im not mistaken.

The Eset GUI last major revision was in ver. 9 when Eset changed the GUI to conform with Win Metro format. I believe that was in 2015 or so. I painfully remember this since all existing HIPS rules had to be manually reentered in ver. 9 since they weren't compatible with the Metro format. Also many including myself preferred the old Eset GUI since HIPS rules were much easier to manage in the old GUI interface.

5 hours ago, itman said:

The Eset GUI last major revision was in ver. 9 when Eset changed the GUI to conform with Win Metro format. I believe that was in 2015 or so. I painfully remember this since all existing HIPS rules had to be manually reentered in ver. 9 since they weren't compatible with the Metro format. Also many including myself preferred the old Eset GUI since HIPS rules were much easier to manage in the old GUI interface.

Not used hips but if its like the firewall rule area i fully agree but they already know my feelings of it ha

There is absolutely no reason to change anything about GUI, Its simple, yet elegant and easy to navigate and if that's your only gripe, your in good hands😉

Edited by URBAN0