Windows Security Center Service unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.

Zardoc

Hi,

Since latest update I've been getting this error message.

Event 18

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.

It seems to appear on boot. I don't see any effects from the message but I must say, if it's my AV that has an issue.....😐

Thanks

Security center 001 2023-11-17_09-41-03.png

Security center 002 2023-11-17_09-42-04.png

Edited by Zardoc
more info

• Administrators

Please refer to https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-performance-team/wmi-rebuilding-the-wmi-repository/ba-p/373846

for instructions how to rebuild the WMI repository. Should the issue persist, please raise a support ticket since further logs will be required for perusal.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

for instructions how to rebuild the WMI repository. Should the issue persist, please raise a support ticket since further logs will be required for perusal.

Hi Marcos,

You really think that the WMI repository is corrupt? Because if I reboot the machine the error isn't there. It seems to happen on cold boot only. Is it possible it's a delay in start sequence ?

13 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Yes , same id=18 and id=19 on my rig also , after latest update to 17.0.15.0 !

How to fix these annoying eventlogs , never seen these before .........

btw; these event errors will start as soon as ESET starts the upstart-scan !

55 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Still no solution available..........??!

Just rebuilded my WMI , errors in eventlog still.................!!!

never seen before , must be the latest ESET-update !!

Aspecting a solution from ESET..........!   :rolleyes:

I will also advise opening Windows Security Center -> Device Security -> Core isolation -> Core isolation details and verify that Memory Integrity is set to On status.

7 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

"  De Windows Beveiligingscentrum-service kan geen exemplaren van AntiVirusProduct uit de datastore laden. ".............id=18 , id=19

I will also advise opening Windows Security Center -> Device Security -> Core isolation -> Core isolation details and verify that Memory Integrity is set to On status. "...........HOW(??) to do this on Windows 11 ( 23H2 , Dutch ) ..?? 

17 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Windows 11 ( 23H2 , Dutch ) ..?? 

This does clarify the problem might only be related to Win 11.

Another posting of note: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-event-id-18-19-and-error-with-thumbprint/c34478a9-c7e5-4631-b9a5-37eacb8b0d36?page=1

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.
The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of FirewallProduct from datastore.

The only way this poster was able to resolve the issue was to revert back to Win 10.

Edited by itman

3 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Seems to be TPM-related , my PC does not have TPM .

How to fix these errors , possible to revert to 16.2.15 .........??

Rolling back to Widows 10 is no option , off course !

24 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Seems to be TPM-related , my PC does not have TPM .

How did you upgrade to Win 11? TPM is a base requirement for Win 11.

Overriding base Win 11 requirements to force its install not a good idea. It could come back to bite you in the butt.

That's what I did. Stayed with 16.2.15. "............seems to be the only solution to keep my eventlog clean !

Can you , please, tell me how(?) to roll back to previous ESET Internet Security 16.2.15 ?

Though we all may expect a working solution ( update ?) from ESET.............:huh:

An other ( easy ) option could be not displaying these id=18/19 in the eventlog.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger seek for the appropriate GUID and modify a value from enabled 1 to 0. Reboot pc and the error is gone.

Where to find the appropriate GUID ...............( id=18/19 )  ??

41 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Can you , please, tell me how(?) to roll back to previous ESET Internet Security 16.2.15 ?

You can't "rollback" to ver. 16.2.25.

1. Export existing Eset 17.0.15 settings if customization made from Eset default settings.

2. Download ver. 16.2.15 from here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products . Scroll down to this web page section, Earlier versions of ESET Windows home products, and select ver. 16.x for the Eset product you have installed.

3. Uninstall Eset ver. 17.0.15. Reboot necessary after uninstall.

4. Install Eset ver. 16 previously downloaded.

5. Import Eset settings if previously exported.

Edited by itman

5. Import Eset settings if previously exported." ...........have only the settings of the 17-version , can we use them on the new installed 16-version also ?

Will ESET not solve these errors , looots of customers have this problem also...............:huh:

11 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

5. Import Eset settings if previously exported." ...........have only the settings of the 17-version , can we use them on the new installed 16-version also ?

Should not be a problem as far as I am aware of. At least one poster has done so: https://forum.eset.com/topic/38725-eset-internet-security-not-working-after-17015/?do=findComment&comment=175524 .

version 17 has an issue "............I assume you have no TPM ?

I dont have TPM , but have the same errors with the 17-version.........

We may hope ESET will solve this problem , for us all !!