Windows Security Center Service unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.

Zardoc

despite the errors being logged "............I like a clean eventlog , always trying to keep it clean , so I do hope these errors will be fixed soon ! 

On 12/4/2023 at 6:23 PM, Pete12 said:

despite the errors being logged "............I like a clean eventlog , always trying to keep it clean , so I do hope these errors will be fixed soon ! 

btw; made a support-ticket and have to wait for working solution .

So far , nothing , only uninstall completely , tried this already , no luck !

I still dont understand why (?) its not been fixed ..........

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Pete12 said:

I still dont understand why (?) its not been fixed ..........

We have reached out to Microsoft and waiting for them to comment on the issue since it's caused by a Windows update.

I was updated to v17.0.15.0 last week and immediately started getting Event ID 19 logged every time my PC starts or reboots.

Above Marcos states this is caused by MS Update KB5032189.  The problem with this statement is that I do not seem to have this update installed.

Below is my Win 10 Version information and my update history as of this morning.  Note in update history KB 5032189 is not listed.

I did not include a screenshot for "Other Updates" history, but it is also not listed there.

Win10 22H2 19045.3570.JPG

Update History.JPG

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, idahosurge said:

Below is my Win 10 Version information and my update history as of this morning.  Note in update history KB 5032189 is not listed.

It can be included in an update rollup. I installed particular updates one by one until I narrowed it down to the above update KB2032189.

20 minutes ago, jocking said:

A new update just dropped today, KB5033372. It had no effect on the issue.

So, this annoying id=18 and id=19 still present in the eventlogs..........😖

Just noticed a new ESET-update ; 17.0.16 

Have to know if this update ( finally !) is the solution of this forum !!!!

If id=18 and id=19 again appears in our eventlogs , will not install...........🤨

Any changelog of this version ; 17.0.16 ....??

Edited by Pete12

Ok , updated from 16 version to this latest 17.0.16 , rebooted !

Conclusion ; still no solution !!! id=18 and id=19 keeps showing up in our eventlogs !!

Went back to 16.2.15 ( again) no eventlog-errors with this version.

We are very dissapointed  , still(!!) no solution for this forum-item !!

So we have to cancell ( again !) to update from the 16.2.15 ............

Wonder WHEN (!!) this problem ( eventlog-errors ; id=18 and 19 ) will be resolved..........!!  🤨

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Pete12 said:

Ok , updated from 16 version to this latest 17.0.16 , rebooted !

Conclusion ; still no solution !!! id=18 and id=19 keeps showing up in our eventlogs !!

Went back to 16.2.15 ( again) no eventlog-errors with this version.

We are very dissapointed  , still(!!) no solution for this forum-item !!

So we have to cancell ( again !) to update from the 16.2.15 ............

Wonder WHEN (!!) this problem ( eventlog-errors ; id=18 and 19 ) will be resolved..........!!  🤨

We are waiting for Microsoft to respond and provide information on the root cause of the errors brought by a specific Windows update.

Ok, we have to wait for a working solution , wich will keep our eventlogs clean !

So , we will stay at the 16.2.15 version .

Can you , please, tell us how long we can use this version ?

Will wait for your answer .

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Pete12 said:

So , we will stay at the 16.2.15 version .

Can you , please, tell us how long we can use this version ?

According to https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_home/product_tables.html, v16 will remain in limited support until November 2024.

@Marcos, I am installing a lot of NOD32 on my customer's machines. Despite the error message, is there something that is preventing the antivirus from doing it's job properly ?

In other words, can a user run it without any issues ?

If not, how do I keep the software from upgrading to v17 ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

same errors, also ESET Firewall didn't want to run at all, stayed red all the time, couldn't enable it. also couldn't export the eset settings from the import/export from the main menu 

After I tried to update to Pre-Release it instantly fixed , firewall running green and export works. Also by the time nothing worked with eset Windows wanted to update it's Anti-Spyware update engine thingy. so it's clearly it didn't detect eset at all.

Edited by x7007

I must say that first I am very upset that Marcos did not follow up on my question. I am a long time customer and I re-sell the AV to many users.

Now, I need a straight answer from someone.

Does this anti Virus version work properly event though it is popping up error messages ?

• Administrators

We are not aware of any negative effects of the errors on protection or ESET's features and functionalities.

Please remember that this is a forum, not a ticketing system that would show a reminder if a particular question was left unanswered for a longer time. While we do our best to answer everything in a timely manner, some posts may rarely escape our attention. Therefore we kindly ask you to re-post your question or drop me or another moderator a private message with a reminder if you chase a response.

@MARCOS why did you delete my message?? ESET is not working I uninstalled it and I can't use it at all now, wasted 4 hours and made my computer futile for this time! and you without reason deleting my message like it shows ESET WORKS? it doesn't work!

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, x7007 said:

@MARCOS why did you delete my message?? ESET is not working I uninstalled it and I can't use it at all now, wasted 4 hours and made my computer futile for this time! and you without reason deleting my message like it shows ESET WORKS? it doesn't work!

I didn't delete it. It was moved to https://forum.eset.com/topic/39366-issues-with-network-connectivity-and-freezing as it's unrelated to the errors discussed in this topic.

I ( and we ! ) just cant understand WHY (!!!) its taking so much time ,before all these problems with latest update (??!) will be fixed ..............

Im a ESET-customer for a very long time , never had all these update-problems before !  WHATS THE MATTER ??

ESET is losing very much customers with these "updates " !

Im also thinking of stepping out and looking for more reliable anti-virus/firewall software , without all these headaches ..........

PLEASE , SOLVE IT ..........🙏

• Administrators

I have already mentioned that we have reached out to Microsoft to look into the issue since the errors started to be logged after one of their Windows updates. We investigated it but didn't find any issues on our end.

We are having many problems ( not just me ) with this latest update , made by ESET , so we may expect ESET will solve /undo this "disaster"-update also !

Please, understand ESET will lose lots of customers ( including me too ) if the solution will take too much time .........

4 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

We are having many problems ( not just me ) with this latest update , made by ESET , so we may expect ESET will solve /undo this "disaster"-update also !

Please, understand ESET will lose lots of customers ( including me too ) if the solution will take too much time .........

btw ; wy not "roll-back "  to a good , solid working version........??!

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

We are having many problems ( not just me ) with this latest update

Please name the other problems so that we can comment on it. If there are really any, it is our goal to fix them as soon as possible.