Why does the upgrade task not work but completes correctly?

How are you, dear help forum? I have created the client task in the console to perform an Upgrade to some servers. I am using a Windows version 10 virtual server, with ESET Server Security version 10.0.12014.0, I have a couple more but I wanted to test one and see if it works on the others.

The configuration is the ESET protect reference server, which I chose "ESET Protect local server, version 11.0.199.0 for Windows (Windows)" I completed the task but nothing was updated and I already restarted the server

Hello Marcos, the type of task I used is "ESET PROTECT Component Update" and also in the "ESET PROTECT Reference Server" configuration I chose was ESET PROTECT on-prem Server, version 11.0.199.0 for windows.

I run the task on a virtual server with Windows 10 and the version it has is ESET Server Security 10.0.12014.0. The reason for the test is that if it works correctly it would speed up the work of updating the servers one by one.

• Administrators

Running a "ESET PROTECT Component Update" on a client should upgrade the management agent to the latest version supported by your ESET PROTECT server.

It was executed but the version remains the same, the task does not impact the server, the execution completes correctly but nothing is updated. Maybe it doesn't work to do that idea.

marcos1_LI.jpg

marcos2_LI.jpg

marcos3.PNG

• Administrators

You have posted a screenshot with the version of ESET Server Security and at the same time mentioned running an ESET PROTECT component upgrade task which upgrades only the management agent on clients.

I'd recommend using an auto-update policy. If you want to control what version ESET Server Security can update to automatically, you can set the desired version in the auto-update policy.

I have carried out the test with the previously completed task and I have realized that it does not update the server's antivirus but only updates the agent. I don't know what configuration to use to implement a policy that automatically updates the servers' antivirus

esetserver.PNG