Forum Feedback

dwomack

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, Marcos said:

Was that option in the mobile version of the forum in the past? The mobile version isn't 1:1 to the desktop version and may be missing some elements that are not used a lot by users.

Anyways, we have made a change so that if you open a topic with unread posts it will jump to the first unread post automatically.

Thanks the new feature is really handy.

As for the missing option it was included until the recent update. Before this update I had some issues when I'd read everything from a forum but on the homepage it claimed I hadn't so using the mark as read option was the only solution but since the update this issue hasn't occured

• Most Valued Members

the dark theme is nice. however i'd like another option of a light grey colour.

currently it's way too dark for my liking. perhaps something like the color of this image.

1761737011_Screenshot_2020-10-08ADSLgrcom-IndependentBroadbandReviewSiteinGreece.png.84b496e917da1743e94159200e4c20f5.png

Edited by shocked

Weird Eset forum behavior this morning. When I tried to edit an existing posting and subsequently sign-off or sign-in I was presented with the below web page. This activity appears to have presently stopped.

Eset_Forum.thumb.png.bf5133596a23a92bc9d481544f722e24.png

• Most Valued Members

i discovered that the dark theme on the forum has a disadvantage. it makes text with black color, invisible.

i was reading a post and i found it peculiar that text was missing. then after selecting (by dragging the mouse) the text, everything became readable.

so the dark theme, with the black or very dark grey coloured letters (by pasting the original formatting) results in an almost unreadable text.

876672407_darktheme.PNG.8a8de5971e84c2a1e3fa88b425c98218.PNG

_

1979461236_lighttheme.PNG.35d7d4a694c47f208b5caf0b1d10cbc3.PNG

• Administrators
10 hours ago, shocked said:

i discovered that the dark theme on the forum has a disadvantage. it makes text with black color, invisible.

i was reading a post and i found it peculiar that text was missing. then after selecting (by dragging the mouse) the text, everything became readable.

so the dark theme, with the black or very dark grey coloured letters (by pasting the original formatting) results in an almost unreadable text.

I know, had the same problem. However, we would have to convert users' posts to plain text in order to be displayed properly with the dark theme which is impossible. The above example is rather an exception and 99,9% posts should be readable regardless of the theme.

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members

on latest FF when clicking on image attachments on posts to view them, they open in a full screen like mode with no visible X to close them other than clicking the "back" button on the browser to go one page back.

on latest MS Edge this seem to work as intended. both tests were done with no addons that block scripts or adverts etc.
the bottom picture is from FF, the image from the post i clicked doesn't "float" like on Edge does.
after an image is clicked, it will momentarily appear "floating" then it will go to "full-screen mode".

i can create a video if needed.

1290689922_Screenshot(42).thumb.png.6cc91f4d007741399e9c5fa0732ed44a.png

-

426356352_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.02f38aefe136eef803fab1707b715c8c.png

On 10/23/2020 at 2:01 PM, Marcos said:

I know, had the same problem. However, we would have to convert users' posts to plain text in order to be displayed properly with the dark theme which is impossible. The above example is rather an exception and 99,9% posts should be readable regardless of the theme.

The forum has an option to enable dark theme? Where is it?

Edited by SeriousHoax

• Most Valued Members
13 minutes ago, SeriousHoax said:

The forum has an option to enable dark theme? Where is it?

Right at the bottom of the forum there's a theme button that allows you to enable it. Not used it myself but if there's dark text used it doesn't show it properly apparently 

5 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Right at the bottom of the forum there's a theme button that allows you to enable it. Not used it myself but if there's dark text used it doesn't show it properly apparently 

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Seen some posts have a red message saying posts will need to be moderated. Seems to be on posts by newly created users so I presume this is to.combat the spam bots the forum was getting? Probably a good idea if that's the reason

• 3 months later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 12/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, shocked said:

on latest FF when clicking on image attachments on posts to view them, they open in a full screen like mode with no visible X to close them other than clicking the "back" button on the browser to go one page back.

on latest MS Edge this seem to work as intended. both tests were done with no addons that block scripts or adverts etc.
the bottom picture is from FF, the image from the post i clicked doesn't "float" like on Edge does.
after an image is clicked, it will momentarily appear "floating" then it will go to "full-screen mode".

i can create a video if needed.

1290689922_Screenshot(42).thumb.png.6cc91f4d007741399e9c5fa0732ed44a.png

-

426356352_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.02f38aefe136eef803fab1707b715c8c.png

i return to my post. for the last 2-3 weeks, whenever i click an image from a post, it opens it in the whole tab as if i clicked "open link in new tab". Edge opens it in a floating state with an X to close the image viewer.
i've cleared the FF history recently.
as it seems, that bug returned.
https://youtu.be/evtRhmDemvo

Edited by shocked

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 10/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, Marcos said:

Was that option in the mobile version of the forum in the past? The mobile version isn't 1:1 to the desktop version and may be missing some elements that are not used a lot by users.

Anyways, we have made a change so that if you open a topic with unread posts it will jump to the first unread post automatically.

Sometimes I've noticed it isn't always jumping to the last unread post and wondered if it would be worth having an option at the top for jumping to the last reply. I've seen some forums with similar options.

This would be good possibly if the user hasn't read any but wants to see the last one which might be the answer 

• 6 months later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 10/8/2020 at 8:33 PM, shocked said:

the dark theme is nice. however i'd like another option of a light grey colour.

currently it's way too dark for my liking. perhaps something like the color of this image.

1761737011_Screenshot_2020-10-08ADSLgrcom-IndependentBroadbandReviewSiteinGreece.png.84b496e917da1743e94159200e4c20f5.png

Dark theme is too much dark indeed , it's hard on the eyes, the black is too much black and dark.

• 2 weeks later...

Syncro MSP recently released a forum and it has an API for the Discourse app for mobile phones. I find it much easier to interact in the forum in free time if I could in an app. Is there a way to do that with this forum or can I request that you enable Discourse intregration?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, sindbad said:

It would be smart to have a "delete account" option in the "account settings". I don't see it and I like to remove my account.

We have already discussed this with the forum provider and they did not recommend it for a reason. Do you want us to delete your forum account?

Guest sindbad
1 minute ago, Marcos said:

We have already discussed this with the forum provider and they did not recommend it for a reason. Do you want us to delete your forum account?

It would be nice to have a message in the "account settings" that if an user wants to remove an account, they can send an email or something else. By not giving us an option and not telling anything is not user friendly.

Yes, please delete my account permanently.

As long as I do love ESET. I do not find that the forum gives any value.

• ESET Staff
On 12/14/2021 at 5:12 AM, BrianMorris said:

Syncro MSP recently released a forum and it has an API for the Discourse app for mobile phones. I find it much easier to interact in the forum in free time if I could in an app. Is there a way to do that with this forum or can I request that you enable Discourse intregration?

Do you mean the releases for MSP Plugins ? or did you mean anything else? 

• 3 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

is there something wrong with the forum cookies? i've always selected to hide the business or Slovak forum sections by clicking the arrow on the side of each section, since yesterday they remain open even after deleting the website/browser cookies.

found the culprit, i accidentally set Firefox to remove "offline website data" upon exiting it.

Edited by shocked

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shocked said:

the dark theme was removed or i'm having a hard time finding it?

Something weird was going on in the forum today in this regard.

After signing in from a previous Win 10 sleep session, I accessed the forum using Firefox. I was presented with the dark theme which I most definitely did not manually select. Playing around trying to get Eset back to it original aqua color background would only yielded a blue color background. Later, it shortly reverted to the aqua background to later revert to blue background theme again. Finally later, it reverted back to the default aqua background when set to Eset (default) and I no longer see the black theme option. Great! Keep it this way.

Edited by itman

For me, unless I log in, I have a dark theme and I can't even change it. After logging in, I can change the day/night theme with a toggle switch. The light theme "ESET" should be the default.

Hello, This morning as soon as I opened the eset forum home page,  I noticed the default dark theme, if you are not logged in you can change at the bottom of the page but it is not the original one. if you log in it always comes out with the dark theme but you can change it in the settings to have the original forum.

Please provide because I don't like the dark theme.😁

Regards

4 hours ago, Tonyset said:

Hello, This morning as soon as I opened the eset forum home page,  I noticed the default dark theme, if you are not logged in you can change at the bottom of the page but it is not the original one. if you log in it always comes out with the dark theme but you can change it in the settings to have the original forum.

Please provide because I don't like the dark theme.😁

Regards

Currently, theme can be changed in FireFox on my Win 10 build whether logged onto forum or not. Just set it to "Eset (default)" per below screen shot and see if that works.

Eset_Theme.thumb.png.06ce017b12424505df0459fa30d731cf.png

• Administrators

The plan is to have one theme and make it possible to toggle between the light and dark mode (equal to the current dark theme) via a button, however, it will require some further fine tuning on our part. As of now the dark theme can be selected at the bottom but we'll experiment with it during weekends when not many users come to the forum.