Welcome to the ESET Security Forum

dwomack

• Former ESET Employees

Welcome to the official ESET Security Forum! While here, you can ask questions or give feedback about ESET products and services, receive prompt answers from qualified support technicians and interact with the ESET community. Before posting, check out the video below and read the Rules of the ESET Security Forum

VIDEO:

If you get stuck, please check out our dedicated FAQ section and Help section.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Welcome to the ESET Security Forum, ESET's online community for assistance with our software and services. 

In this forum you will find dedicated support sections for every ESET product line.  Additionally, there are sections to collect feedback from our users, such as new feature requests, as well as online assistance with malware removal.  We also have plans to integrate this community with other ESET web sites, such as the ESET Knowledgebase, We Live Security blog and Virus Radar encyclopedia.

For now, though, I'd like to give you a quick tour of the various top-level forums.

• In the ESET Announcements section, you will find general information and news from ESET about the company, significant malware threats and the like.
  • In the Forum FAQ's and Rules section, you will find information about the rules and regulations for using the forum, as well as asking questions about the forum.
  • In the ESET Home User Products section, you will find information about ESET's Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile software for home users, such as ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Cyber Security and ESET Mobile Security.  You will also be able to ask questions here about those programs.
  • In the ESET Business User Products section, you will find information about ESET's Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile products for businesses, including endpoint, server and remote administration programs.  You will also be able to ask questions here about those programs.
  • In the Malware Detection & Cleaning section, you will be able to to receive assistance in removing malware detected by your ESET software.
  • In the ESET Beta Products section, you will be able to find out more about and participate in beta testing ESET's software.

Once again, we look forward to your participation, and thank you for joining us here in the ESET Security Forum.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Looking at the posts on the forum here, I think that an Introductions "child" forum may not be a bad idea (unless I completely missed it).  It seems to make some feel more comfortable meeting people that may have similar questions or interests.  That's just a thought. 

Nice to see there is a forum too, especially the topics with the known issues are very nice, it saves me lots of time  :D

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.  Will investigate doing this.  Since we're still fairly new, there's obviously a lot of little things that need to be done.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Looking at the posts on the forum here, I think that an Introductions "child" forum may not be a bad idea (unless I completely missed it).  It seems to make some feel more comfortable meeting people that may have similar questions or interests.  That's just a thought. 

Is the forum on wilderssecurity.com eventually going to be locked? Easier to look on 1 forum instead of two. (Yeah, i'm a little lazy :) )

I like the layout on this new forum. It's cleaner.

Thx,

marty

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.  Will investigate doing this.  Since we're still fairly new, there's obviously a lot of little things that need to be done.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

:)

• Former ESET Employees

Is the forum on wilderssecurity.com eventually going to be locked? Easier to look on 1 forum instead of two. (Yeah, i'm a little lazy :) )

I like the layout on this new forum. It's cleaner.

Thx,

marty

As @Aryeh Goretsky stated on the Wilders Forums:

Over the next 2-3 weeks, we will be transitioning support for ESET products from Wilders Security to the new ESET Security Forum. You will continue to be able to start new topics and post new messages here for the next week (or so), after which the ability to start new topics will be disabled and only replies will be allowed. In the week (or so) following that, the contents of the Official ESET Support Forum will be made read-only and moved to the Archived Forums section of Wilders Security.

Hi

Really nice forum and introduction video, gave a good feeling that you were welcome, and good basics introduction into navigating the forum.

• Former ESET Employees

I'm glad to hear that the welcome video is helpful.

Hi

Really nice forum and introduction video, gave a good feeling that you were welcome, and good basics introduction into navigating the forum.

It looks new and very modern, but it was easier to find new posts and topics in the old one.   Maybe I need more time to get familiar with it? :)

• ESET Moderators

Hello Danutak,

thank you.

For finding new content there is a feature "View New Content" under the search box, I think this could be quite usagle for you, especially the "Content I have not read" option.

Regards,

• Former ESET Employees

We will consider including this in either an updated version of a video above or a new video detailing some more in-depth features on the forum.

If you find topics you like and would like to continue following, see below:

Follow_zpsa06efbd7.jpg

We will consider including this in either an updated version of a video above or a new video detailing some more in-depth features on the forum

Oh ok.  :)  I was just trying to help. Hope that it does.  

• 1 month later...
  • Former ESET Employees

Thanks for all your work on the video. It might be cool to see more videos that explain some of the more in-depth features of the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Up unitl now I never had a problem with logging on  - and I go back in time for years and years was Supersnake when the forum was in WIlders.

Now I had to create a new account and start all over again?

Can you retore my experience as a veteran forum member?  If necessary will send you my email address that has been used for years, thanks.

• ESET Moderators

Welcome Supersnake--just for fun I logged back into Wilders and see that my last post there was almost to the day, 2 years ago; time flies. 

We've discussed porting over the experience from previous forum accounts, but this is still an ongoing topic. For the time being, everyone's posts and such are starting over when you join the new ESET Security Forum. 

We'll let you know of any changes as we continue to discuss this topic. 

Welcome Supersnake--just for fun I logged back into Wilders and see that my last post there was almost to the day, 2 years ago; time flies. 

We've discussed porting over the experience from previous forum accounts, but this is still an ongoing topic. For the time being, everyone's posts and such are starting over when you join the new ESET Security Forum. 

Hey foneil,

Not that it matters for me personally. But If you go through with that, then what does that mean exactly? 

I actually didn't even know that you had an account on Wilders.  :D

Gold stars!? :P

I think I can find my Wilders password-it's here somewhere... :unsure:...maybe.

Edited by TomFace