Forum Feedback

dwomack

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'd really like to get rid of these constant SSL warnings whenever I connect to the forum, whatever the browser used. For example in Chrome :

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach forum.eset.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as enterprise-ssl.invisionpower.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of forum.eset.com.You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

There is no way to fix this on my side. Please do something about your certificates.

• 2 weeks later...

Reiterating this because I came across the same issue several weeks ago:

I am unable to use any board functionality with IE 11, many are reporting the same issues replying to or creating new posts.

Fortunately I use Mozilla Firefox in addition to IE 11. This may be one the reasons why there is not as much board views or traffic as was expected.

Also: there is a distinct lack of information as to how to use the board features. These were promised a good while ago but not posted. That may be why some still wish ESET support was still at Wilders.

If you're experiencing issues posting on this forum and you're using ie11 and want to continue using ie11 [as opposed to firefox or chrome] and with much thanks to TomFace for this workaround, toggling the switch in the top left corner of the forum's reply toolbar [disabling all other reply toolbar functionality], enables the poster using ie11 to at least quote and multiquote when posting.

word wrap in this mode will take you WAY BACK to the days of DOS!

with thanks to siljaline, i used BBCode to add emphasis to this post:

BBCode works great for links. Assuming it's within the rules of this Forum.

ctrl+UP/DOWN however is a MAJOR PITA and I'm off to check out whether THAT is an issue using chrome --- bbs :)

me again :)

the mod on another forum [on which I was having ctrl+arrow issues] suggested that I add that forum's website to ie11's compatibility view settings.  so, I did that and guess what?  ctrl+arrow functionality restored :) [on that forum at least] so I added eset.com to ie11's compatibility view settings to see whether that corrected the functionality issues on this forum and guess what? ctrl+arrow functionality restored!  fantastic!

I still can't add a link tho! and for copy and paste functionality, it's back to toggling the switch because ctrl+X/V fail and in the absence of those, I can't tell whether C works but one thing's for certain, the icon options on the toolbar certainly fail but ctrl+Z/Y both work.

so, for ie11 users to restore at least ctrl+arrow function, click the tools cog at the top right corner of your browser, select 'compatibility view settings' and on the dialog that opens, eset.com should automatically display in the 'add this website' field [if not, type it in], click 'add' and once you click close, the page will automatically refresh [give it a few seconds].
it seems however that the ctrl+arrow function fails after all that toggling!

anyhoo...

interesting fact: ctrl+UP/DOWN now only operates properly from where I've marked ***

ok, so for these purposes, I 'toggled off' and then 'toggled on' to see whether that is the cause.

>>>

yes!  toggling causes the ctrl+UP/DOWN function to fail and now only operates properly from where I've marked >>>

curious

Hi,

I'd really like to get rid of these constant SSL warnings whenever I connect to the forum, whatever the browser used. For example in Chrome :

This is probably not the site you are looking for!

You attempted to reach forum.eset.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as enterprise-ssl.invisionpower.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of forum.eset.com.You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

There is no way to fix this on my side. Please do something about your certificates.

Bump!

• 1 month later...

OK. I have not visited in some time. Today I view a warning that the ESET Security Forum was hacked, and, that I should 'change my password.' Fine.

How do I do this?

I have viewed 'My Profile.' I have viewed 'My Settings.' Do not see any 'Change Password' selection/logic!

So, I decide to log OUT, and, log back ON, BUT, click the 'Forgotten PW link. YOU ask me for either my UserName, or,

my email address. Fine. I type in 'cosmo32' and try to continue. YOU roll the screen over and tell me 'The Security Code

I shared did not match. I give up!!!! If YOU decide to upgrade and/or change your user authentication business without

FIRST explaining same to your users, YOU have created an unfortunate 'Catch-22' situation (at least for me!)

What is the security code I have zero knowledge about?

I would love to change my password, but, I can not get through your password change minefield.

Duncan H. Sinclair (cosmo32)

• Former ESET Employees

OK. I have not visited in some time. Today I view a warning that the ESET Security Forum was hacked, and, that I should 'change my password.' Fine.

How do I do this?

To change your email and/or password:

Click your name at the top right of the window

Click My Settings

In the menu on the left, click Email & Password

Enter your new email and/or password

I'm sick of all this forums getting compromised and emails/passwords stolen. 

I want to delete my account and I cannot find any way of doing it. How does one delete an account?! 

dwomack,

Thank you so much. I always trust your shares. Did it per your share, and, now have a new pw. It appears I had already changed my email addy. Fine. Happy! Happy!

Duncan

@dwomack

How do I do this?

To change your email and/or password:

Click your name at the top right of the window

Click My Settings

In the menu on the left, click Email & Password

Enter your new email and/or password

I think it's just me being picky again but it could be useful if someone more comes here that don't find their way around how to change password to have all the info needed in the first post.

So my little suggestion is that you edit in what you wrote above into post #1 here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2590-security-incident-on-forumesetcom/

Sorry for being picky....again  ;)

Edited by SweX

• 1 month later...

How about a tick icon or 'solved' icon in the header  that the poster can set when the problem has been solved.... just an idea.

I did have a problem myself a day or two ago where I thought it was a Nod32 problem it wasn't,  it was a computer fault which I resolved. Pretty sure I marked the post solved, I couldn't see any indications.

Dave

Edited by Pentode

How about a tick icon or 'solved' icon in the header  that the poster can set when the problem has been solved.... just an idea.

I did have a problem myself a day or two ago where I thought it was a Nod32 problem it wasn't,  it was a computer fault which I resolved. Pretty sure I marked the post solved, I couldn't see any indications.

Dave

Hi Pentode, 

If you look at the bottom right corner of your post here:  https://forum.eset.com/topic/2955-ekrnexe-crashes-xp/?p=16920

Next to the "report, multiquote, quote" buttons do you see a "Mark Solved" button there?

If you click that button the thread will get an answered "stamp" on it and that particular answer will be displayed at the top of the thread, like you can see here for example: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2959-thunderbird-ver31-disables-eset-addon/

The "Mark Solved" button is only visible to the thread starter so no one else can use it.

HTH, SweX

I did say in the header and obviously meant on the index page.... not in some obscure place at the bottom of the page.

Obviously, only the op can activate it, I know that!

Dave

Edited by Pentode

Well then i'm sorry, I was only trying to help but obviously it wasn't helpful at all.  :)

Edited by SweX

I'm having problems with session timeout. I'm browsing different posts or writing a bit longer reply and I have to log in again. Seems to be very short and random.

I got logged out by the time I finished writing this post the last three times. Next time I logged in front page, browsed to General Discussion thread and I was already logged out. Next time I logged in, I got logged out right after I entered password.

Paste does not work. Not with Ctrl+V nor with the three icons in reply box toolbar. And since paste doesn't work, I had to write this all over again.

Using IE11 on Windows 8.1

• ESET Moderators

The "Mark Solved" feature isn't available for every member level--this is to make sure that a given solution is correct (based on original poster feedback) before a post is selected as the answer. I have marked your follow-up post as solved.

• Most Valued Members

I'm having problems with session timeout. I'm browsing different posts or writing a bit longer reply and I have to log in again. Seems to be very short and random.

I got logged out by the time I finished writing this post the last three times. Next time I logged in front page, browsed to General Discussion thread and I was already logged out. Next time I logged in, I got logged out right after I entered password.

Paste does not work. Not with Ctrl+V nor with the three icons in reply box toolbar. And since paste doesn't work, I had to write this all over again.

Using IE11 on Windows 8.1

For the session timeouts, try logging into the forums in a new private browsing window (or a different browser) and leave the window open for a little while, possibly browsing some topics. If it doesn't log you out after a while, logout and clear your cookies for Internet Explorer. You might need to uncheck "Preserve favourite website data".

For pasting, see if right clicking the reply box and clicking 'Paste' does the trick. If not, see if any of the three methods work in the main reply box (by clicking "More Reply Options").

The "Mark Solved" feature isn't available for every member level--this is to make sure that a given solution is correct (based on original poster feedback) before a post is selected as the answer. I have marked your follow-up post as solved.

Sorry I didn't know that :( Thanks for the explanation  :)