there is release date of version 16?

3 hours ago, micasayyo said:

I have seen some images of the Eset 16 beta version  and I would like to know if there is a release date for version 16

Could you send the link or image of the new version of ESET 16? 🤩

Edited by New_Style_xd

Wow, that has a lot of security benefits.
I remember this news that it came out in March, after that time something new came up or you can't tell, it would be great if you create a topic talking about the improvements and new technology that was put in the new product. 😊

What I like best about ESET is this comment about impact:

“Needed system impact is an item that ESET has always prioritized in tiered software and is an essential point of view for many customers. A technology leverage that can be used as prevention and protection, as well as preserving performance, is a win-win option,” says Kironský.

I just thought it was perfect. 😍

43 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Doesn't apply to me or many others using non-business class PC's or one's that use AMD CPU's:

ESET’s ransomware optimizations will work across both Intel vPro Enterprise and our new Intel vPro Essentials targeted for SMBs.

29 minutes ago, itman said:

Doesn't apply to me or many others using non-business class PC's or one's that use AMD CPU's:

Really, you got me thinking now, for AMD motherboards the big part is not going to be protected with the newest technology. 🤔
I use a home computer. I will not be protected. 😔

This article explains what the differences are between Intel processor's and vPro based platforms: https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-intel-core-i7-and-vpro/ .

"In a nutshell" Intel vPro refers to features only available on select Intel processor and motherboard combo's. As a rule, Intel motherboards are expensive resulting in them only present in high-end business class PC's.

• ESET Insiders
7 hours ago, itman said:

I'm not sure. I hope that home products get those protection also. Another quote from article (my bolding) but I'm not sure that none business Core processors supports ITDT :

In the first round of releases, ESET will focus on endpoints with 9th Gen and newer Intel Core™ and Intel vPro Windows based PCs, which are capable of leveraging Intel TDT out-of-the-box.

Edited by Minimalist

• ESET Insiders
4 hours ago, itman said:

I will also add, Kaspersky has had a UEFI based AV solution for some time: https://usa.kaspersky.com/antivirus-for-uefi . All that is required is the OEM motherboard vendor has to employ it in its firmware.

ESET can scan UEFI for malware but AFAIK it can't be run from EFI as Kaspersky. Of course this is not related to Intel's TDT protections discussed in previous posts.

9 hours ago, Minimalist said:

In the first round of releases, ESET will focus on endpoints with 9th Gen and newer Intel Core™

Hardware Based Security1
9th Generation Intel® Core™ processors integrate hardware level technologies that help strengthen the protection of your enabled security1 software. Hardware-based security helps you experience online and offline activities with added peace of mind, enabled by features that include:
  • Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)1 to help applications protect your system and your data.
  • Intel® BIOS Guard and Intel® Boot Guard to help protect your system during startup.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/9th-gen-core-desktop-brief.html

Pertaining to Intel SGX:

There is tremendous opportunity for application and solution developers to take charge of their data security using new hardware-based controls for cloud and enterprise environments. Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)12 offers hardware-based memory encryption that isolates specific application code and data in memory. Intel® SGX allows user-level code to allocate private regions of memory, called enclaves, which are designed to be protected from processes running at higher privilege levels. Only Intel® SGX offers such a granular level of control and protection.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/software-guard-extensions.html

Obviously, a vPro setup w/Eset additions will offer superior protection.

Edited by itman

I also might be wrong in regards to vPro features only existing on Intel motherboards. Appears ASUS/Asrock motherboards also offer the chipset although supply appears to be scarce.

This is very interesting. But can we say in simple terms if this will work on all Gen9+ Intels? Whether it will be available to all users or is something extra needed?

15 hours ago, Minimalist said:

but I'm not sure that none business Core processors supports ITDT :

Here's Intel's article on its Threat Detection Technology: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/hardware-shield/threat-detection-technology.html . It's fairly obvious its only available on vPro platforms.

Since Eset's press release specifically references Intel® Threat Detection Technology, I am skeptical of any Eset enhancements not related to vPro w/9th gen.+ Core processor platforms.

8 hours ago, czesetfan said:

If this list of supported processors https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/processors/vpro/products.html? is up to date, it's going to be pretty disappointing.

Per Eset press release:

In the first round of releases, ESET will focus on endpoints with 9th Gen and newer Intel Core™ and Intel vPro Windows based PCs, which are capable of leveraging Intel TDT out-of-the-box.

Eset did not specifically state they will not support pre-9th Gen processors. Support for older vPro compatible processors might be added at a later date.

It's not clear to me how "ordinary" Intel Core processors will be supported. I thought it was only for those that support vPro according to the list above. Or not? 🤔

On 9/15/2022 at 12:14 PM, czesetfan said:

It's not clear to me how "ordinary" Intel Core processors will be supported.

Per a posting over at malwaretips.com, only 10th gen. and above will be supported:

Eset_ver16.png.8a49732da797b9995268283eda7abea6.png

😭 I am completely disappointed by this news. Look, I have a machine. but it's not a 10th Gen processor. I'm thinking this has turned into a White Elephant. unfortunately the vast majority of users will not use all the technology and protection it would provide. unfortunately, ESET you got this point wrong. 😥