there is release date of version 16?

@Minimalist: I have also updated to version 16.0.21.0, after enabling the pre-release updates, what you mention I think that surely it would be advisable to return to the normal update once version 16.0.21.0 has been officially released.
I hope that @marcos can advise us

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Here is a screenshot of new setting:

The question is if Intel TDT setting is being enabled on AMD processor based PC's? It shouldn't be as I see it.

3 minutes ago, itman said:

The question is if Intel TDT setting is being enabled on AMD processor based PC's? It shouldn't be as I see it.

Yeah, mine is an AMD system and that setting is not present for me.

ESET 16 now has this green frame around the browser, indicating that the secure browser mode is always active on supported browsers. But even after disabling it, it still shows for a few seconds when I open my browser. I find it unnecessary and distracting. It's fine to show a notification instead on first run of a browser after installing version 16 to let users know about this protection feature. It shouldn't be there always. Hope ESET disables it in a future update.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can disable it here:

image.png

I did, but still shows for a few seconds. If that setting is disabled, I think it's better to not show it at all. It's just my opinion, maybe some other users will have their say also.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, SeriousHoax said:

I did, but still shows for a few seconds. If that setting is disabled, I think it's better to not show it at all. It's just my opinion, maybe some other users will have their say also.

I assume this is so that the user can see the secure browser active as it might happen that it would not activate and the user would go to a bank site in a standard unsecured browser.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I assume this is so that the user can see the secure browser active as it might happen that it would not activate and the user would go to a bank site in a standard unsecured browser.

Hmm, that's not a bad point. I ran an unsupported browser where the green frame wasn't shown. So yeah, it could be useful in that scenario.

• ESET Staff
15 hours ago, Minimalist said:

One additional info about reverting to regular updates after v.16 install. Although program itself did not revert to v.15 some options disappeared ( like choosing colour mode). After enabling pre-release updates and updating those options are back again (probably module update). So it's probably not wise to change update type after updating to v.16.

This is to the fact that not all modules are released on release update servers yet (they are available only on pre-release).
When you change from pre-release to release, program does not downgrade, but modules do.

In your case it is translator module 1943 on release, 1946 pre-release (it will be aligned before the official release)

• ESET Insiders
7 hours ago, Stefan_ESET said:

This is to the fact that not all modules are released on release update servers yet (they are available only on pre-release).
When you change from pre-release to release, program does not downgrade, but modules do.

In your case it is translator module 1943 on release, 1946 pre-release (it will be aligned before the official release)

Thank you for explanation.

May I throw a minor spanner in the works here? Or at least I think that it might be.

I have ESS running on 2 devices...one with a 5th Gen Intel processor & one with a 10th Gen processor.

The 5th Gen system has received the pre-release version whilst the 10th Gen system remains at v15.

Confused? Well, I am as they are on the same license.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Cheers, Baldrick

• Most Valued Members
32 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

May I throw a minor spanner in the works here? Or at least I think that it might be.

I have ESS running on 2 devices...one with a 5th Gen Intel processor & one with a 10th Gen processor.

The 5th Gen system has received the pre-release version whilst the 10th Gen system remains at v15.

Confused? Well, I am as they are on the same license.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Cheers, Baldrick

Have you confirmed both are on the pre release option 

4 hours ago, peteyt said:

Have you confirmed both are on the pre release option 

One is and one is not, but I cannot remember where one sets the pre-release option...LOL

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

One is and one is not, but I cannot remember where one sets the pre-release option...LOL

It's in the advanced update setup:

image.png

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's in the advanced update setup:

image.png

Thanks Marcos...got it...it was on 'Regular Updates'. So now changed and now updated to 16.0.21.0.

I have still not worked out all of the nooks & crannies that are the Advanced Setup options...so more homework to do...for me.

Cheers

How do I permanently disable the green frame around the browser? Version 16 just landed and, despite disabling it in the options, this green frame still shows every time a new browser window is opened. It's horrible.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, cofer123 said:

How do I permanently disable the green frame around the browser? Version 16 just landed and, despite disabling it in the options, this green frame still shows every time a new browser window is opened. It's horrible.

You can disable it here:

image.png

However, the green border will still appear for a short while when opening a browser as it's an indicator that the secure browser works. What kind of indication of a secure browser would you prefer?

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, blaxxz said:

Any improvements to AntiVirus protection and recognition?

We continually improve detection, protection and cleaning via module updates that are released on a regular basis. When asking specifically about v16, it has brought support for Intel Threat Detection Technology: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/hardware-shield/threat-detection-technology.html

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What kind of indication of a secure browser would you prefer?

None at all. It's unnecessary and annoying. I've always liked how ESET sat silently doing its job and never made itself known while using my computers.

In the end I simply disabled the "Secure all browsers" setting. Now it behaves like in previous versions.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, cofer123 said:

In the end I simply disabled the "Secure all browsers" setting. Now it behaves like in previous versions.

How other users would know if they can securely enter sensitive login information in the browser if they wouldn't know if a secure browser is running?

"Secure all browsers" will be used in the future and the current redirection system will be abandoned since it requires a lot of maintenance and adapting to new browsers is not immediate.