there is release date of version 16?

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

😭 I am completely disappointed by this news. Look, I have a machine. but it's not a 10th Gen processor. I'm thinking this has turned into a White Elephant. unfortunately the vast majority of users will not use all the technology and protection it would provide. unfortunately, ESET you got this point wrong. 😥

But I doubt that they have dropped support for older systems , they haven't and they will not , I think this is a security feature related to who have Gen10 and up.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:12 PM, Marcos said:

Marcos' link to the Press-release article reads:

In the first round of releases, ESET will focus on endpoints with 9th Gen and newer Intel Core™ and Intel vPro Windows based PCs, which are capable of leveraging Intel TDT out-of-the-box.

Some hope comes from the statement: In the first round of releases ... 

This may mean that the range of supported devices will increase. But it will certainly be a limited range given the amount of hardware/processor variants in the world. It's a question of how it will be received that for someone this paid feature will work and for someone it won't. LiveGuard in ESSPremium works for everyone who has paid for the package. But for TDT it will depend on the specific hardware.

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

😭 I am completely disappointed by this news. Look, I have a machine. but it's not a 10th Gen processor. I'm thinking this has turned into a White Elephant. unfortunately the vast majority of users will not use all the technology and protection it would provide. unfortunately, ESET you got this point wrong. 😥

If this is something hardware based then if you have hardware that doesn't support it it isn't going to work.

Eset isn't going to stop developing general features. Think of this as just a little added extra. 

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

😭 I am completely disappointed by this news. Look, I have a machine. but it's not a 10th Gen processor. I'm thinking this has turned into a White Elephant. unfortunately the vast majority of users will not use all thetechnology and protection it would provide. unfortunately, ESET you got this point wrong. 😥

ignore that it said it hadn't posted so I hit send and submitted it twice 

Edited by peteyt

5 hours ago, peteyt said:

If this is something hardware based then if you have hardware that doesn't support it it isn't going to work.

Eset isn't going to stop developing general features. Think of this as just a little added extra. 

I was looking at Kaspersky's partnership with INTEL, with protections and Hadware solutions and customers who use KASPERSKY don't need to have 9th to 10th generation machines.

https://www.kaspersky.com/partners

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, New_Style_xd said:

I was looking at Kaspersky's partnership with INTEL, with protections and Hadware solutions and customers who use KASPERSKY don't need to have 9th to 10th generation machines.

https://www.kaspersky.com/partners

I could be wrong but I presume that is a different kind of partnership - it says they work with Intel and AMD etc. What Eset is doing is basically integrating its products to work with new features on intel chips but those features will not work on older systems without those chips/

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, glugy said:

the black interface looks very good, the font should also be changed, the writing looks too small

Think you've posted this in the wrong place

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If you see the TDT setting in the setup, then it's supported on your system.

You can run the PowerShell cmdlet "get-wmiobject win32_processor", the following ones are supported now (Family/Model/Stepping):

• Most Valued Members
4 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Here is a screenshot of new setting:

image.thumb.png.d63be806df3f310175052b09999c33ef.png

I guess that there should be no problem if I reverse to regular update type after updating to v.16?

Possibly it can revert back the program version

It does that for modules , but for product version it can do that also , I never tried.

• ESET Insiders
25 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Possibly it can revert back the program version

It does that for modules , but for product version it can do that also , I never tried.

I tried it. It re-downloaded 175 MB of data but it remained on v.16. In log files it logged that modules were successfully updated.

• ESET Insiders

One additional info about reverting to regular updates after v.16 install. Although program itself did not revert to v.15 some options disappeared ( like choosing colour mode). After enabling pre-release updates and updating those options are back again (probably module update). So it's probably not wise to change update type after updating to v.16.