there is release date of version 16?

On 10/27/2022 at 9:38 PM, czesetfan said:

And will the Banking and payment protection button work?
That is, I browse the web without the "green box" and when I want to visit a bank, I press the Banking and payment protection icon and browse with the additional protection.

I repeat my question.
Will the "Banking and payment protection" button be functional with "Secure all browsers" disabled after the redirection is cancelled ? 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, czesetfan said:

I repeat my question.
Will the "Banking and payment protection" button be functional with "Secure all browsers" disabled after the redirection is cancelled ? 

It won't make sense to have the desktop shortcut then since no separate secure browser will exist.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

It won't make sense to have the desktop shortcut then since no separate secure browser will exist.

This is not good. 😕 I can understand removing automatic redirection, but why not leave it up to the user to choose whether they want to browse without or with increased security? Either running in secure browse all, or none at all times? That's a pretty ultimate choice. If I'm going through this, why would this choice exist in the first place? Then make it always and every time the browser is running Secure browsing, who would ever want to turn that off? 

In my opinion, the option to launch the browser with Banking and payment protection when I require increased data protection should remain. As is currently possible. ✔️ :)

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, czesetfan said:

This is not good. 😕 I can understand removing automatic redirection, but why not leave it up to the user to choose whether they want to browse without or with increased security? Either running in secure browse all, or none at all times? That's a pretty ultimate choice. If I'm going through this, why would this choice exist in the first place? Then make it always and every time the browser is running Secure browsing, who would ever want to turn that off? 

In my opinion, the option to launch the browser with Banking and payment protection when I require increased data protection should remain. As is currently possible. ✔️ :)

I mean when banking protection first was introduced a few years ago I questioned what made it more secure. If it has more features why is this just for baking, surely users would want this protection in general.

• Most Valued Members
On 10/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, blaxxz said:

Then I won't be able to visually see if the browser is secured?

I think you can just close the button but it will appear if you close the browser and re-open

3 hours ago, peteyt said:

I think you can just close the button but it will appear if you close the browser and re-open

Indeed that is the case peteyt. I sometimes use it if its positioning is obstructing what is being displayed. 

Personally, I think that it would be nice if there was the option to hide it and then reveal it by hovering the cursor on the location when its use is required.

If you hide the green frame, it still flashes up when you open the browser to show it's secured.

I recently used my laptop whilst travelling on a public wifi network and there was an amber frame with eset warning me this was an insecure network and the frame was constantly there. So it seems like you will get amber frame and red frame warnings to alert you, even if you don't have the green frame constantly visible.

• ESET Staff
5 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

If you hide the green frame, it still flashes up when you open the browser to show it's secured.

I recently used my laptop whilst travelling on a public wifi network and there was an amber frame with eset warning me this was an insecure network and the frame was constantly there. So it seems like you will get amber frame and red frame warnings to alert you, even if you don't have the green frame constantly visible.

Yes, it's intended behavior to keep in mind that you're not fully protected during this browsing session. That's why amber/red frame is always visible.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, blaxxz said:

The green frame now disappears when you right click on the X. Is this new now?

I haven't deactivated anything.

Yes, the behavior has changed according to users' feedback.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:13 PM, New_Style_xd said:

😭 I am completely disappointed by this news. Look, I have a machine. but it's not a 10th Gen processor. I'm thinking this has turned into a White Elephant. unfortunately the vast majority of users will not use all the technology and protection it would provide. unfortunately, ESET you got this point wrong. 😥

I suspect there is nothing ESET can do here because it's basically using an Intel feature which means your processor has to be supported in order for it to work.