New Build Available! (349)

• Administrators

We will announce it soon. Please refer to the rules of this forum at https://forum.eset.com/topic/76-rules-of-the-eset-security-forum/ which say:

17, Do not pre-announce releases.  Due to differences in scheduling, it may sometimes take several minutes after a release has appeared on ESET's web site for the release announcement to appear here in the forum.

Although we appreciate your passion, please try to understand that it takes us some time to publish official announcements.

Will this update immediatly be available as program component update PCU

or only as complete download of the new version?

Where?

For me not yet available as PCU

and also not on the download page

hxxp://www.eset.com/de/download/home/detail/family/5/?installer=offline#offline,249,

Its on the UK download site hxxp://www.eset.co.uk/Download/Software/Product/ESSH

Changelog here hxxp://www.eset.co.uk/Download/ChangeLog/ESSH

Edited by surfer1000

On the UK site is only the English version, no German one.

No fix for the general "freezing" problem and lag problem with windows update?

Yes it fixes it, it does mention windows update fix in the log

• Most Valued Members

as Marcos said in his post above, it should be wise for simple users not announce the new builds they find, because this could cause confusion and a lot of users might start creating threads asking when language X,Y will be ready to be downloaded.

since this started, it might take from a few hours to a couple of days for all the supported languages to be updated with the new build. be patient.

• Most Valued Members

For what its worth this version doesn't fix the SSL certificate issue.

start a new thread and explain the problem you have so we can help you

For what its worth this version doesn't fix the SSL certificate issue.

start a new thread and explain the problem you have so we can help you

There already is a thread

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6386-an-attempt-to-add-root-certificate-to-all-known-browsers-on-your-computer-failed/

• Most Valued Members

When will the other language versions (i.e. German version) of this new built be out?

when they are ready to be released. :)

Hello, please can anyone tell me if that new version of Eset Smart Security 9.0.349, fixed the fact that my PC was freezing a lot, compared to Eset Smart Security 8. I mean, I downgraded to the Eset Smart Security 8, because the 9 was slowing down my PC, and freezing, when I started up my PC, with the 8 version I could start Google Chrome instantly, but not with the 9 version. It was taking a pretty long time. 

Thank you.

• Administrators

Hello, please can anyone tell me if that new version of Eset Smart Security 9.0.349, fixed the fact that my PC was freezing a lot, compared to Eset Smart Security 8. I mean, I downgraded to the Eset Smart Security 8, because the 9 was slowing down my PC, and freezing, when I started up my PC, with the 8 version I could start Google Chrome instantly, but not with the 9 version. It was taking a pretty long time. 

Thank you.

Hard to say what caused the issue you ran into previously with v9. Let's try 9.0.349 and see. Only English version is currently available but other language versions will follow soon.

• ESET Insiders

Still can't open SSL sites with SSL scanning enabled. I'm fine with leaving it off at the present time but it is still a problem.

Recently I have installed latest version of ESET smart security. Since I have installed it I am unable to open bluestacks an Android Emulator, mostly I use android app using bluestacks. As I am a movie buff I use Showbox app to watch movies on my pc using bluestacks emulator but now it is not openning. Why?

Thank you.

It cured the problem on my win 7 64bit machine

• ESET Insiders

Why are disadvantaged again the German customer, because now there is the build 9.0.349 already one week in English and German, customers can again we wait without end. Or get the German customers the Build 9.0.349 only who it where Eset then need to be adjusted only once at the new Win 10 Build already the new Win 10 are build in January 2016 and again?

( German: Warum werden die Deutschen Kunden schon wieder Benachteiligt, denn nun gibt es das Build 9.0.349 schon 1 Woche auf Englisch und wir Deutschen Kunden können wieder warten ohne ende. Oder bekommen die Deutschen Kunden das Build 9.0.349 erst dann wen es schon das neue Win 10 Build im Januar 2016 gibt wo Eset dann wieder erst mal an das neue Win 10 Build angepasst werden muss?)

• Administrators

Why are disadvantaged again the German customer, because now there is the build 9.0.349 already one week in English and German, customers can again we wait without end. Or get the German customers the Build 9.0.349 only who it where Eset then need to be adjusted only once at the new Win 10 Build already the new Win 10 are build in January 2016 and again?

1, Version 9.0.349 is currently available in English only with other languages to follow soon. It's not available in German either.

2, Nobody discriminates you. There are many factors and variables that affect releases. Don't know if the new build addresses some issues you've been having v9. If so, you can temporarily downgrade to v8 which provides the same level of protection as v9 until the new build becomes available in your language. That's how the cookie crumbles.

I have installed yesterday the English version 9.0.349 over the German version 9.0.318.
So this may be a possibility for those who have no problems with English until the other language versions are out.

The "freezing" and slowness problems and problems with windows update seems to be solved with this build.

On the other hand the SSL certificate problem with Windows Live Mail is still there:
E-Mail Error 0x800CCC0F with ESS9 and Windows Live Mail

So I have to manually disable and then enable SSL scanning again in ESS about once a day, so that Windows Live Mail works.

Edited by User