Jump to content

E-Mail Error 0x800CCC0F with ESS9 and Windows Live Mail


Recommended Posts

Since today I get the error 0x800CCC0F message when new mails are checked with Windows Live Mail via POP3S.

 

When I disable E-Mail protection in ESS 9 it works for about 1 minute and then the same error. If I enable E-Mail protection again it works also for about 1 minute and then the same error.

The same if I disable/enable ESS9 protection completely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders

If you go into Advanced Setup -> Web and Email
Do you still get the error if you temporarily do either of the below instructions?
(If the first one works, don't worry about trying the second.)

  1. Expand SSL/TLS and temporarily disable SSL/TLS protocol filtering.
  2. Expand Protocol Filtering and disable application protocol content filtering.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. Expand SSL/TLS and temporarily disable SSL/TLS protocol filtering

 

Yes, after deactivation of SSL/TLS it works.

 

Also after enabling it again (and closing of browser and Windows Live Mail before) it seems now to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I already said: It works after disabling and then reabling it (so I guess when a new certificate for Windows Live Mail is generated by ESS).

And it is the same for a gmail account or my ISP e-mail server.

 

But this morning the same happend again, so I had to deactivate SSL/TLS again and enable it again.

Edited by User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders

Do you get the error for all of your email accounts?

I had a similar error a few weeks back but it only occurred with my outlook.com email address. After logging with Process Monitor and Wireshark it seemed that the problem was with the server. I've not had a recurrence since the following morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you get the error for all of your email accounts?

 

Yes, for all email accounts from different providers.

 

I monitored the situation over the past days and found out, that the error occurs after rebooting the PC and then starting Windows Live Mail it works for the first e-mail check, then the error occurs and I have to close Windows Live Mail, deactivate SSL/TLS with OK, then activate SSL/TLS with OK, and then it seems to work until the PC is rebooted again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

For about 2 days now, the problem seems to be fixed.

Maybe this problem was also caused by the Internet Protection Module?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

For about 2 days now, the problem seems to be fixed.

Maybe this problem was also caused by the Internet Protection Module?

 

You can find out by switching to pre-release updates and running update manually. If the problem recurs but disappears after switching back to regular updates, it's most likely caused by recent versions of the Internet protection module. Let us know about your findings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is back since a few days with Internet Protection Module 1238 and occurs in most cases after the PC is started.

After deactivating SSL scanning and clicking OK, reactivating SSL and clicking OK, it works in most cases for the rest of the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If you are having issues, disable pre-release updates and wait a bit for Intenet protection module 1241 which should be put on pre-release update servers tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Problem is back with Internet Protection Module 1275B.

This time it's on every second attempt to check for Mail, so one check is OK, then the next fails with that error, next is OK again, then error again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I switched from pre-release updates to regular updates and the result is the same.

So it is not Internet Protection Module 1275B, which is causing the problem.

Only deactivation of SSL scanning and restart of Windows Live Mail resolves the issue.

Edited by User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If SSL scanning in ESET is deactivated, then there is no problem.

If SSL scanning is activated the problem occurs, and it makes no difference if integration in Windows Live Mail in ESET is activated or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After intensive research I was able to solve the problem for the moment by deleting the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...