Windows 10 forget folder view setting when ESS is installed

One question FOR ALL

Who have this ISSUE have nvidia video driver?

"Of course" we have. I have. Maybe a part of a good point?

maybe but we must check if there are other users that not have nvidia but have windows 10 and eset with this issue ;)

One question FOR ALL

maybe but we must check if there are other users that not have nvidia but have windows 10 and eset with this issue ;)

this user have INTEL graphics ... hxxp://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/17175-windows-10-folder-view-settings-desktop-icon-positions-not-saving-20.html#post401978= i not think issue is related to nvidia graphics ...

I also have this problem, I have windows 10 x64 updated, nvidia video card (gtx 970 g1) with latest drivers (355.98) and latest version of nod32 antivirus. Please, try to fix this without have to format.

Edited by M@ssy

One question FOR ALL

this user have INTEL graphics ... hxxp://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/17175-windows-10-folder-view-settings-desktop-icon-positions-not-saving-20.html#post401978= i not think issue is related to nvidia graphics ...

I have the same issue and using AMD graphics card.

Just as a matter of interest folks, can anyone confirm that this issue does not occur when using Eset AV and only seems linked to Eset Smart Security suite? I ask as I am giving Eset AV Beta 9 a whirl alongside Comodo firewall, I have made a full image of my drive, so I have a fallback should the issue reccur.

Oh, and for information purposes, I too have the Nvidia driver for my GTX670 - version 355.82.

However, on that note, I see that yesterday a new driver was released, 355.98 - guess I'll try this too and hope for the best.

P.S. For what it's worth, I trialled Bitdefender 2016 briefly and disliked it, I need a working Eset, good luck all! 

:)  :)  :) 

One question FOR ALL

I have an AMD Radeon card, windows 10 and eset and have the same symptoms.

I'm still searching for a solution and the only thing I can say is that it seems that only Windows 10 in English is affected by this problem.

I cannot find any French or Italian  forum with people speaking about this.

As Brehon wrote, we are discussing for this problem in Tenforum: HERE and HERE.

Personally, I'm not sure about an interaction between Eset and Win 10, but it seems that almost all those who have this problem use Eset Smart Security.

I wrote to Customer Care opening a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer.

It should be a good choice if all of you does the same thing.

Hello,

I have the same problem since 23/09/15 with Windows 10 french version and I have Eset french version 8.0.319.1 ... :(

Edited by Bainge

Is there anybody experiencing the issue who hadn't received any detection alert from ESET before the issue started to manifest?

No detection alert before for me.

Is there anybody experiencing the issue who hadn't received any detection alert from ESET before the issue started to manifest?

Well, I beleive that's my case. I can't remeber any alerts, at least just before the issue. And I am pretty sure there had been alerts long before that, but they weren't causing any trouble. Still, I may be mistaken, cause almost a week has passed.

Edited by Happy Prince

• Most Valued Members

i just checked with a folder and after changing the view setting, closing the folder, opening it again and changing again. the view setting was staying as i was setting it.

in my case windows 10 and SS 8.0.319.0 doesn't affect the folder views.

not even malware/pua affect the setting.

Edited by pavilion_alex

INSTALL WINDOWS 10 (WITH FORMAT)

INSTALL ESET SS8 WITH LAST UPDATE

SCAN A FOLDER WITH INSIDE MALWARE SAMPLES *

I RESTART WINDOWS

= Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions NOT SAVING**

INSTALL WINDOWS 10 AND WINDOWS UPDATE (WITH FORMAT)

INSTALL ALL DRIVERS (LAST VERSION)

INSTALL ESET SS8 WITH LAST UDPATE

SCAN A FOLDER WITH INSIDE MALWARE SAMPLES *

I RESTART WINDOWS

= Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions NOT SAVING**

INSTALL ALL DRIVERS (LAST VERSION)

I RESTART WINDOWS

= Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions SAVING ALL OK NO BUGS

I RESTART WINDOWS

= Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions SAVING ALL OK NO BUGS

**BUGS COME OUT ONLY IF ESET DETECT MALWARE, PUA, PUP

*DETECT ON SCAN = THE SYSTEM IS CLEAN NOT INFECTED

This is the problem. Folder View Settings gets rigged after ESET detects a malicious file.

I already uninstalled ESET but still has the problem. I think ESET corrupted explorer.exe?

Running Windows 10 Pro at work with the ESET Nod32 AV (64bit version) 8.  Seems like there are 3 of the computers that the desktop icons change to the left after a reboot.  Another co-worker has upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and he is having no issues with reboot and icons changing.  He has no AV, but is just relying on the AV that was provided by Microsoft.

i just checked with a folder and after changing the view setting, closing the folder, opening it again and changing again. the view setting was staying as i was setting it.

in my case windows 10 and SS 8.0.319.0 doesn't affect the folder views.

not even malware/pua affect the setting.

Hello, Do you have try this? 

enable PUA and PUP (potentially unwanted applications and potentially unsafe applications ) detection and download for example ammyy fromhxxp://www.ammyy.com/AA_v3.exe if eset catch it select quarantine or delete and restart the system

I am having the same issue with Windows 10 and i have ESET installed but here's where my issue occurred :

I wanted to allocate some space on my HDD to another partition so i download a defragmenter from auslogics which forced me to download boost8 even though i said not to download it. I knew it was a kind of virus so i proceeded to delete everything (but after running the defrag to analyze and optimize) and the issue occurred. I did a system restore to 1 day before and everything went back to normal.

Then i download Partition Wizard to partition and the issue occurred again after partitioning. Tried a system restore but could't get it to work because of issues on my side.

I tried every fix on the internet from checking if "auto arrange icons" was ticked (yes i know it's stupid but had to try at least) to deleting some reg entries.

Nothing worked.

It should go to note that During all that time NO updates were installed for Windows, NO virus scans were made and NO viruses were ever detected.

GOOD NEWS

Support GR-CY"  has wrote:
Hello,

We were able to reproduce the issue, so it is under investigation.

We’ll notify you once we get any news.

Best regards,

Support Team

Technical Support Team | ESET Hellas | www.eset.com/gr

Edited by JAMESWT

• Most Valued Members

enable PUA and PUP (potentially unwanted applications and potentially unsafe applications ) detection and download for example ammyy fromhxxp://www.ammyy.com/AA_v3.exe if eset catch it select quarantine or delete and restart the system

just tried it, still no issue

Hello, same issue here, Windows 10 x64 Enterprise dutch with Eset Nod32 Antivirus 8

Desktop f*cked up after detection of malware and impossible to fix

Please keep us informed

just tried it, still no issue

Could you please post your hardware configuration?

Motherboard

Audio

Graphic Card

CPU

and if you have SSD harddrive

Just as a matter of interest folks, can anyone confirm that this issue does not occur when using Eset AV and only seems linked to Eset Smart Security suite?

Hate to disappoint you, but it does.

Yes indeed, I have used both and both seem to cause the exact same problem.

• Most Valued Members

Motherboard > gigabyte 946gmx s2

Audio > realtek on mobo

Graphic Card > nvidia gt 240

CPU > intel core 2 quad

and if you have SSD harddrive > no i use a mechanic hdd.

Edited by pavilion_alex