Future changes to ESET PROTECT (formerly ESET Security Management Center / ESET Remote Administrator)

Description: Task trigger for x amount of time after joining dynamic group
Detail: Currently a task can be executed immediately when the computer joins a dynamic group or periodically ever x amount of time. I'd like to request an additional trigger to start the task a few iminutes after the computer joins the dynamic group so that it has enough time to check additional tasks e.g scan installed software.

We are trying to implement the following procedure to install Endpoint Security: Install Agent -> Computer joins dynamic Group (Windows Desktops) -> Agent scans installed programs to check for conflicting software (other AV software), if conflicting software is found the computer is assigned to a different dynamic group -> if no conflicting software is found Endpoint Security gets installed. 

The problem I encounter is that when choosing to execute the install task when joining the dynamic group it gets installed before the scan for conflicting software is completed. When I set the trigger to every 30 minutes and a computer joins shortly before the time is up the same happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
17 hours ago, isaha said:

Hello,

Description: In Policy for Windows Clients: Make Update settings individually controllable

The discussion was moved to https://forum.eset.com/topic/24717-individually-controllable-update-settings/ to keep this feedback topic clear. It will be temporarily hidden until the order of posts is rectified.

Hello,

Need desperately to update the Agent with the Update eset products button.

Currently is working only for endpoint products.

image.thumb.png.348953a7331890c638695c1bbb9c04c2.png

Thanks,

Peter

• ESET Staff

Hello, this option is already available in ESET Cloud Administrator console. Currently, as agents are updated via "Components upgrade task", which does not differentiate between agents, and other components of the ESMC infrastructure (server / webconsole) this option was disabled. However, in Cloud the server is fully hosted / maintained by ESET, so "one click agent updates" are possible. 

Please note, that for the future releases we work on "automatic agent upgrades", meaning agents would automatically upgrade themselves to the version compatible / matching with the server. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 1/8/2018 at 9:03 AM, Tim Jones said:

Hi Team,

Description: Example REST API usage with Perl / Python

Detail: An example document on how to use the API with Perl would be helpful you have one using C however I would just like to create a few script based calls to it using Perl for use with Nagios and other systems I have to integrate further with our other tools.

I too wish to add my +1 to this suggestion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Description: show Agent version

Detail: add new column option to show installed Agent version. (Now I just see installed security product version)

Thank you.

eset.png

@MichalJ

Hello!

I made an upgrade agent task to version 7.2.1266, but found a client, where task finished successfully, no error but the agent did not upgraded, stuck version 7.1.717. Not a big problem, because I deleted it manually, and installed the new version, but it would be great to see the agent version in computers table. 

• ESET Staff

Hello @Zen11t, thank you very much for explanation of your use-case.

You can try to go: Dashboard -> Status overview (Tab) -> Product version statuses (Tile) -> Click on Agent bar -> Choose "Detailed information"
After that, you will see the report, which you can also download (PDF, PS, CSV format), and in this report is "Version Check Status", that may help you identify which computers don't have the latest agent.

Another solution could be to go to Dashboard -> ESET applications -> "Installed ESET Applications" (Table) -> Click on specific version of "ESET management agent" -> "Detailed information"
In the table, you can see computers with this specific version of the agent.

I hope that it will be helpful for you.

Edited by igi008

@igi008

Thank you, I found this option but 2 problems with it:

- I can not see when last connected the client, so the agent version is old because update task has not run yet, or because its stucked old version.

- I can not order the list by computer name, so I have to look through the whole list. (OK, in CSV I can order it :) )

• ESET Staff

Hello @Zen11t, thank you very much for your explanation again. It helps us to understand your needs better.

I hope this trick will help you :)

ESMC-comps_with_outdated_agent.png

You can filter the computers with an outdated version of agents and then click on any item in the table and select "In computer page (all)". It will navigate you to the computers section, where you will have only computers with outdated agents, and here you can also check the last connection status.

• 2 weeks later...

You can click on a client in Computers list, then go to Details -> Hardware to see it's hardware specification. I would like you to change two things in Network Pane:

1. Add information about every network interface, not just an active one (for example, laptops usually have LAN and WIFi and it only shows information about one.)

2. Concatenate IPv4 and IPv6 information in one entry, see image for example.

example.jpg

• ESET Staff
On 8/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, kapela86 said:

You can click on a client in Computers list, then go to Details -> Hardware to see it's hardware specification. I would like you to change two things in Network Pane:

1. Add information about every network interface, not just an active one (for example, laptops usually have LAN and WIFi and it only shows information about one.)

2. Concatenate IPv4 and IPv6 information in one entry, see image for example.

Thanks for letting us know. First part is considered as an issue and should be targeted. Second part will be discussed as an possible improvements, which seems to be legit.

Few Changes with columns on "Computers" page

On "Computers" page, can you change a few things:

1. COMPUTER NAME column: right now it shows FQDN followed by internal IP address. Can you add an option to hide IP address? OR add separate columns like this:

a) hostname without IP

b) FQDN without IP

c) hostname with local IP

d) FQDN with local IP

e) hostname with remote IP

f) FQDN with remote IP

2. REMOTE HOST column: change name to REMOTE IP since it shows IP address. And add a proper REMOTE HOST column that will show FQDN (or revDNS, or a separate column with revDNS since it can be different from FQDN)

3. OS SERVICE PACK column: with Windows 10 and Server 2016/2019 let it show a proper version, eg 1903, 1909, 2004.

Some UI improvements for Tasks.

In 'Summary' page 'Trigger description' section add trigger's expiration date, and in 'Triggers' page additional column 'Expiration date'. As for now the only way to see it is by editing trigger, AFAIK.

• ESET Staff
On 8/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, kapela86 said:

Few Changes with columns on "Computers" page

On "Computers" page, can you change a few things:

1. COMPUTER NAME column: right now it shows FQDN followed by internal IP address. Can you add an option to hide IP address? OR add separate columns like this:

a) hostname without IP

b) FQDN without IP

c) hostname with local IP

d) FQDN with local IP

e) hostname with remote IP

f) FQDN with remote IP

2. REMOTE HOST column: change name to REMOTE IP since it shows IP address. And add a proper REMOTE HOST column that will show FQDN (or revDNS, or a separate column with revDNS since it can be different from FQDN)

3. OS SERVICE PACK column: with Windows 10 and Server 2016/2019 let it show a proper version, eg 1903, 1909, 2004.

Hello @kapela86, thank you very much for your suggestions. It really helps us to improve our products.
One question to recommendation #3. What is your primary use case? Do you also want to filter based on this new column?

Now we have column "OS VERSION" and based on this table https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/, it would be possible to find a specific version also now. However, I am guessing that you want to filter for expme all Windows 10 computers, which are not on the latest version. Is my assumption correct, or your primary use case is different?

Many Thanks

2 hours ago, igi008 said:

Hello @kapela86, thank you very much for your suggestions. It really helps us to improve our products.
One question to recommendation #3. What is your primary use case? Do you also want to filter based on this new column?

Now we have column "OS VERSION" and based on this table https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/, it would be possible to find a specific version also now. However, I am guessing that you want to filter for expme all Windows 10 computers, which are not on the latest version. Is my assumption correct, or your primary use case is different?

Many Thanks

Well, I just want to see if it's 1909, 2004, etc, I don't know about other people. For Win7 it shows "Service pack 1" so for Win10 and Server 2016/2019 it should show mojor build number since they are somehow like service packs. Regarding your filter question, there is already a filter for OS SERVICE PACK so I don't really understand your question.

• ESET Staff
36 minutes ago, kapela86 said:

Well, I just want to see if it's 1909, 2004, etc, I don't know about other people. For Win7 it shows "Service pack 1" so for Win10 and Server 2016/2019 it should show mojor build number since they are somehow like service packs. Regarding your filter question, there is already a filter for OS SERVICE PACK so I don't really understand your question.

Hello @kapela86, many thanks for the clarification. Yes, we will try to extend "OS Service pack" field also for WIN 10 and Server 2016/2019. Very good suggestion, many thanks for it.
I was also interested if it will be useful for you to have the option to filter all OS version instead of a concrete one. I mean something like operator "IS NOT".  E.G., I would like to filter all Windows 10 computers that are not on the latest version, which is 2004.

2 minutes ago, igi008 said:

Hello @kapela86, many thanks for the clarification. Yes, we will try to extend "OS Service pack" field also for WIN 10 and Server 2016/2019. Very good suggestion, many thanks for it.
I was also interested if it will be useful for you to have the option to filter all OS version instead of a concrete one. I mean something like operator "IS NOT".  E.G., I would like to filter all Windows 10 computers that are not on the latest version, which is 2004.

Well, I don't use filters that much, I can just sort list by this column.

Description: ERA Agent update push

Detail: It would be great if the ESET Agent itself could be updated via the ERA. Like it scheduled a job on the workstation to run the ESET Agent Live installer to install the latest Agent

Description: ERA + Endpoint Encryption Server

Detail: It would be great to have a single web gui to manage both the ERA and EES

10 hours ago, BobLongworth said:

Description: ERA Agent update push

Detail: It would be great if the ESET Agent itself could be updated via the ERA. Like it scheduled a job on the workstation to run the ESET Agent Live installer to install the latest Agent

Description: ERA + Endpoint Encryption Server

Detail: It would be great to have a single web gui to manage both the ERA and EES

It's counterintuitive right now, but you can update Agent from ECMS, I had a same problem.

Edited by kapela86

I think it would be greatly beneficial to the experience to have the details of the entity that triggered the alert with a direct link to said entity and link to the notification's filter.

For example, for the client tasks that fail notification, having a direct link to the client tasks list filtered on the tasks that fail would prevent having to go in the notification in order to check the filter expression to get the reason why the notification was sent.

• ESET Staff
On 9/2/2020 at 11:17 PM, municel said:

I think it would be greatly beneficial to the experience to have the details of the entity that triggered the alert with a direct link to said entity and link to the notification's filter.

For example, for the client tasks that fail notification, having a direct link to the client tasks list filtered on the tasks that fail would prevent having to go in the notification in order to check the filter expression to get the reason why the notification was sent.

Hello @municel , thank you very much for the good suggestion. We already have it in our backlog. We could probably improve it in next year's releases.