Who is using Endpoint v7 now, and what is your experience?

Mike

As a small charity, we have very limited resources to test new products internally.

Therefore I was wondering how other are finding v7 of EES and EEA? (ideally I'd have asked via a poll, but that isn't allowed for mere mortals!)

So how about this for a poll substitute.

What is your experience of Endpoint v7 products?

1. Great. (Using it with no problems)
  2. OK. (Using it with only minor problems.)
  3. Tested. (Tried it, but having major problems, so not ready for widespread use.)
  4. Not tested yet.
  5. Other...

Thinking you can just reply with the number that matches your experience, OR if you prefer: write the number and also a comment to explain more.

Hoping this will help others quickly get a sense of the state of the new versions.

Mike

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I'd say most users would vote for 1. Honestly, hardly recall any new issue that was reported with regard to Endpoint v7.

You are biased. ?

I would say 5. Testing and looking for user topics on forum that have problems.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, bbahes said:

I would say 5. Testing and looking for user topics on forum that have problems.

Please provide links to some new issues related to Endpoint v7.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Please provide links to some new issues related to Endpoint v7.

No new issues. v7 is better than v6. That is why we are planning upgrade from v5 finally.

4. dont have a testserver for this, i read there was a problem that V6 client policys not work with EMC till all clients have V7 agent -> is this fixed?

normaly i upgrade my server if this makes problems -> restore but when all clients get problems i wait till all is proved. If upgrade server without touching clients possible i could test some install clients.

Better than v6 and overview dashboard is really helpful.  We do not see system performance issues in v7. Hardware inventory reports are helpful.

Needed:

Customizing device control notification

Beta version of  Application control by  Q1 2019.

We have two new customers (one is an Enterprise with more than 1000 seats) that migrated from others AV to ESET. They are using V7 including of course ESMC and so far it’s working very well in both cases.

For new customers we are installing V7 and for old ones we are waiting for the activation in ESMC of upgrade via task.

I vote for 1.

Edited by Lockbits

21 hours ago, HSW said:

4. dont have a testserver for this, i read there was a problem that V6 client policys not work with EMC till all clients have V7 agent -> is this fixed?

normaly i upgrade my server if this makes problems -> restore but when all clients get problems i wait till all is proved. If upgrade server without touching clients possible i could test some install clients.

@HSW Are you talking about ESMC or Endpoint Security here? (I was referring to Endpoint Security & AntiVirus in this thread, but you raise an interesting point)

I'm presuming that EES and EEA v7 will work fine with either ERAv6  or with ESMC v7, but I realised I haven't checked that specifically.

Ideally at this stage I'd roll out some EESv7 test machines, whilst I remain on ERAv6.  I'd then look at a switch to ESMC v7 at a later date, when I have more time.

@everyone else.

Thanks for the input and replies so far. Makes me more confident to invest the time in trialling EES and EEA v7 for a few machines at this end. Still worth others replying too though, as I'm sure I won't be the only one with this question, and the more who answer, the better a picture everyone gets of product readiness for the primetime! :)

Thanks again

Mike

Edited by Mike

• Administrators

You can manage Endpoint 7 with ERA v6.5 but some features may not be available. Also to use new products and features, such as ESET Enterprise Inspector or ESET Dynamic Threat Defense that you might be interested in require ESMC.

• ESET Staff

Just to add to what Marcos said - in case your ERA 6.5 is regularly updated, meaning it is able to get the latest version of translator / configuration engine module, it will be possible to fully configure the Endpoint V7 even from older versions of ERA. It´s the same case, as when Endpoint 6.6 was released, which in fact has more in common with V7, than with V6.5 (especially from the point of view of internal architecture and new .DLL modules). So there should not be any problem doing this.

Edited by MichalJ

We have upgraded from v5 to v7 and so far have encountered no issues. There was a slight issue with some email notifications but I then realised that it's actually probably a good thing that the email notifications are turned on and report everything as you then have a better understanding of what is happening in your infrastructure.

I think it all depends on how your network/infrastructure is setup as different setups seem to be getting different issues but so far we have had none.

One of the best AV products that I have used and I have a masters degree in Cyber Security ?

Regards,

Kieran Barry

Edited by Kieran Barry
EDIT

6 minutes ago, Kieran Barry said:

We have upgraded from v5 to v7 and so far have encountered no issues.

Have you used policy from v5 during upgrade or did you create new policy?

Just now, bbahes said:

Have you used policy from v5 during upgrade or did you create new policy?

We created an installer that incorporates a policy when installed on the end client.

It's the same one we used from v5, nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, Kieran Barry said:

We created an installer that incorporates a policy when installed on the end client.

It's the same one we used from v5, nothing has changed.

Yes, you can create installer that has policy included. But did you upgrade v5 server to v7 leaving policies intact?

1 minute ago, bbahes said:

Yes, you can create installer that has policy included. But did you upgrade v5 server to v7 leaving policies intact?

Sorry I think one of us has misunderstood,

We have recently upgraded from ERA v5 to v6.x and from Endpoint v5 to v7.2

Nothing has been changed, all policies and reports etc have been left how they were and still seem to be running absolutely fine. We have obviously changed some settings of the policies since the upgrade however but it was a very smooth transition.

Regards,

Kieran Barry

32 minutes ago, Kieran Barry said:

We have recently upgraded from ERA v5 to v6.x and from Endpoint v5 to v7.2

I was asking for situation where you upgraded from v5 to v6. Was this Windows server? We need to jump from v5 to v7.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, Mike said:

@HSW Are you talking about ESMC or Endpoint Security here? (I was referring to Endpoint Security & AntiVirus in this thread, but you raise an interesting point)

I'm presuming that EES and EEA v7 will work fine with either ERAv6  or with ESMC v7, but I realised I haven't checked that specifically.

Ideally at this stage I'd roll out some EESv7 test machines, whilst I remain on ERAv6.  I'd then look at a switch to ESMC v7 at a later date, when I have more time.

@everyone else.

Thanks for the input and replies so far. Makes me more confident to invest the time in trialling EES and EEA v7 for a few machines at this end. Still worth others replying too though, as I'm sure I won't be the only one with this question, and the more who answer, the better a picture everyone gets of product readiness for the primetime! :)

Thanks again

Mike

I mean ESMC sorry missing S ^^, and iam still not shure if i can upgrade Server WITHOUT upgrade all clients after. Is it possible to use V7 Server and V6.5 Agents with all old policy setups? If yes i would upgrade and test some clients, if not i must wait.

• ESET Staff
5 hours ago, HSW said:

I mean ESMC sorry missing S ^^, and iam still not shure if i can upgrade Server WITHOUT upgrade all clients after. Is it possible to use V7 Server and V6.5 Agents with all old policy setups? If yes i would upgrade and test some clients, if not i must wait.

It is possible to have ESMC 7.0 Server with v6 AGENTs. Also v6 AGENT will be able to fully manage v7 Endpoint products (EES7/EEA7/...). In case your ERA v6 is successfully updating it's modules, you already have policies in new version and you should be able to create configuration policy for v7 endpoint products.