Secondary Ip address showing up in ERA 7

Currently User IP Range is 192.168.0.X series, but in some machine their system have multiple Lan Card.

Problem is after installing EEA V7 in machine, seconadary ip or secondary lan card's ip detected showing up in ERA Console page instead of 192.168.0.x series.

I have already submitted this issue in Previous Version 6.5. And ESET Staff told that they have fixed this issue in ERA 7, Very disappointed.

• ESET Staff

Can you please confirm, that incorrect IP address is also shown in the column "remote host"? This was added, and should report always the correct (the one that is communicating with ESMC) IP address. The IP address shown next to the computer name / IP address column is determine by the order of the adapters, and is always taken from the adapter that is marked as "primary" in the OS. 

No, remote host column shows correct IP address. Incorrect address shown is first from all configured IP addresses of the network adapter. Which is the only network adapter.

• ESET Staff

I have checked this with developers. In case the correct Agent version (V7) is installed, and the adapter is configured as "primary" in the OS, it should report the correct information.  Alternatively, the remote host column should display the valid information, and should be used for identification.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:19 PM, MichalJ said:

I have checked this with developers. In case the correct Agent version (V7) is installed, and the adapter is configured as "primary" in the OS, it should report the correct information.  Alternatively, the remote host column should display the valid information, and should be used for identification.

Today , same problem occured. In this case there is only one network adapter with multiple ip addresses and issues comes at installation of ESMC.

i was installing ESMC on server 2012. at the end of installation it completed with secondary ip address instead of primary ip address.

After login in ESMC web it shows secondary ip address in computer tab.

So, Whats wrong in Eset that detect secondary ip instead of primary ip ?

• ESET Staff
On 9/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, Amity_Support said:

So, Whats wrong in Eset that detect secondary ip instead of primary ip ?

It seems that issue with wrong order of multiple IP addresses used by the same adapter was not targeted previously, so there is no change in behavior.

Problem is that IPs are reported in exactly opposite order as expected -> issue should be fixed for upcoming releases (including potential 7.0 service release).

Yeah, I have the same issue where the virtual network adapters created by vmware are shown in esmc instead of the actual physical adapter. Hope fixed soon.

• ESET Staff
11 hours ago, FRiC said:

Yeah, I have the same issue where the virtual network adapters created by vmware are shown in esmc instead of the actual physical adapter. Hope fixed soon.

Actually that is different problem. Adapters should be shown in the same order/priority as configured in system. Could you please check that physical adapter is first in list?

On 9/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, MartinK said:

It seems that issue with wrong order of multiple IP addresses used by the same adapter was not targeted previously, so there is no change in behavior.

Problem is that IPs are reported in exactly opposite order as expected -> issue should be fixed for upcoming releases (including potential 7.0 service release).

Is there any information about this release ?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Amity_Support said:

Is there any information about this release ? 

If there is some news about a newer service release, we will communicate it here as well as via other standard channels.

12 hours ago, MartinK said:

Actually that is different problem. Adapters should be shown in the same order/priority as configured in system. Could you please check that physical adapter is first in list?

Thanks, didn't realize that's the problem. I don't want to hijack this thread, but is the priority of the network adapter configured by manually setting the metric (doesn't work) or is there another way?