Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

Description: A possibility to copy the ip adress or also locate the ip adress directly from the message of the interactive firewall.

Details: There should be a possibility to copy the ip adress directly from the message "Do you want to allow this internet traffic?" from the interactive firewall. So you can better search on websites to who this IP belongs.

And also a possibility to locate the IP address from the message window with services like hxxp://en.utrace.de or hxxp://www.geoiptool.com/en/.

Something like this:

post-3952-0-80852400-1402407515_thumb.pngpost-3952-0-71604000-1402506165_thumb.png

And you could also auto-locate it and show a flag:

post-3952-0-60242700-1402408331_thumb.png

Edited by rugk

Eww, please no.

This touch stuff is a fad to the desktop. Push it on the tablets and laptops all you want. Keep it away from a professional desktop, mouse, keyboard environment, ESPECIALLY for endpoint.

Sorry but clients for laptop and desktop go hand in hand.

In other words, touch features for andoid is ok, but not for nod and ss and cyber.

Edited by Arakasi

• Most Valued Members

Eww, please no.

This touch stuff is a fad to the desktop. Push it on the tablets and laptops all you want. Keep it away from a professional desktop, mouse, keyboard environment, ESPECIALLY for endpoint.

In other words, touch features for andoid is ok, but not for nod and ss and cryber.

I totally agree. If Eset ever considers adding touch please include a "Touch: OFF" option.

Eww, please no.

In other words, touch features for andoid is ok, but not for nod and ss and cryber.

Same here I totally agree.... :)  "Touch me touch me I wanna feel your body..." <-- Samantha Fox

They could use that song in a commercial for a product that is all about the magic touch  :D

Edited by SweX

Having a touch button can be an option. Office 2013 has it. It enlarges the buttons so it's easier to press. You can totally turn it on and off. But yes, I have both a desktop and multiple laptops. Touch interface would be very handy on those devices.

• Most Valued Members

Eww, please no.

Same here I totally agree.... :)  "Touch me touch me I wanna feel your body..." <-- Samantha Fox

They could use that song in a commercial for a product that is all about the magic touch  :D

Do you mean "You've Got the Magic Touch" by The Platters? ..Probably not..I think my age is showing  ;)

That would work too, I know who they are. I am probably younger but age doesn't matter in music ;) 

FYI my favorite music decade is the 80's but music made earlier than that works just as good.

Let's just say that, if someone put on a song by egg thrower Bieber then I would walk away! 

Now back to the topic -> future changes.....

Product updating:

My product version kept telling me it was 'up to date',  yet a new product was released. Thanks to a reply from Marcos I was soon put right and had the new product installed in no time.

Is the user notified in the GUI?  Seemed a little odd to me there was a newer version out and my GUI didn't tell me, it could be the update was of no significance.

Dave

Product updating:

My product version kept telling me it was 'up to date',  yet a new product was released. Thanks to a reply from Marcos I was soon put right and had the new product installed in no time.

Is the user notified in the GUI?  Seemed a little odd to me there was a newer version out and my GUI didn't tell me, it could be the update was of no significance.

Dave

Same here. I have 6 PCs to keep up to date and I gave up waiting for the program to update itself. I wonder if the feature even works?

DrT

If it is too much trouble for ESET to use, why have it? Surely, if they are going to go to the trouble to actually produce an updated version, it just makes sense to get it on as many PCs as possible. If the issues are not that critical, why update?

I just cannot understand the (lack of) logic.

The latest update was a type of update that unless one have or are still experiencing any of the fixed issues/problems then there is no need to update. I still have not updated myself yet for that reason. HTH.

• 2 weeks later...

eset corp this is very important if you ignore this you are not profecional 

eset 7 cant detect hidden malware or other stuff fail) dont be so cofident ) 

here all the stronges ideas for max detection  you use head and think )

Ultimate rootkit detection
Ultimate regitry detection and modification
Ultimate  modules detections i mean prorams modules
Ultimate trace i/o detection
Ultimate system detection - sections - devices- services-files -library
Ultimate process detection
Ultimate anti keyloger
Ultimate tread detection
Ultimate  iat/eat detection
Ultimate antirootkit detection

Here for the master detection
Mbr scan detection
Ultimate offile reg and online detecction

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

In order eset be more exact
Need to detect and analise this to find hidden malware and other stuff

ALL PROCESS

REGITRY ONLINE AND OFFLINE

HOST

ANTIROOTKIT

FILES

MBR

WEB BROWER

TASKS

ALL LIBRARY

ALL SERVICE

ALL MODULES

ALL TRACES I/O

ALL DEVICES

ALL IAT/EAT

ALL SECTIONS

ALL SYSTEM 

ALL HIDDEN DLL

ALL PROGRAM THAT USE THE SAME NAME TO HIDE

ALL DLL hijacks

ALL Shell / Load entries

ALL REGITRY KEYS (RUN/RUNONCE)

ALL STARTUP FOLDER

ALL EXTENSION ASOCIATION HIJACK

• Read / Fix DNS Hijacks (DNS Fix button)
  • Read / Fix Proxy Hijacks (Proxy Fix button)
  • Read / Fix Hosts Hijacks (Hosts Fix button)
  • Restore shortcuts / files hidden by rogues of type “Fake HDD
  • Read / Fix malicious Master Boot Record (MBR), even hidden behind rootkit
  • List / Fix SSDT – Shadow SSDT – IRP Hooks (Even with inline hooks)
  • Find and restore system files patched / faked by a rootkit

All detection mechanis to detect fake and trick virus or rootkit
Some virus or malware trick anti virus easyly  and cant be detected by any anti virus or anti malware trust me
Means
You need to create a new tech detection that analyse the full code of any program event is is encriptep or nope
Eset cant detect this win32:bitcoinminer-ca
All you need is use  forensic detections to be the best

Thanks you

1 more bug eset    

when apear the eset windowss say public and work and someting you shoose public   say error firewall  somting like that 

eset still have bugs

fix that 

• Administrators

1 more bug eset    

when apear the eset windowss say public and work 

and someting you shoose public   say error firewall  somting like that

Nobody else has reported this issue. It could be caused by insufficient permissions when saving the configuration to a file.

• Administrators

All detection mechanis to detect fake and trick virus or rootkit

Some virus or malware trick anti virus easyly  and cant be detected by any anti virus or anti malware trust me

You need to create a new tech detection that analyse the full code of any program event is is encriptep or nope

All you need is use  forensic detections to be the best

It's been known for decades of years that there's nothing like 100% protection against all existing and future threats. Any constructive suggestions or ideas are welcome so please try to be more realistic.

• ESET Insiders

ESET Live Grid, ESET's cloud technology, received a major update for the current version of the software, v6, and is updated continually as new and existing customers participate in it.

On execution emulation for files bigger than aprox. 4 MB..etc

+ Mapping <big+upx> executables ---> on-access LiveGrid whitelisting ! file skipping ! local cache similar to PrevX º Webroot fastest lookups

---- speeds between those of code analysis and code emulation

Sorry but I don't understand you... Could you write full sentences please?

Edited by rugk

:)

He is trying to list ideas for future versions, yes his format is a little grey.

This is what he is requesting for future builds:

• execution emulation for files bigger than aprox. 4 MB
  • Mapping executables for  LiveGrid whitelisting
  • file skipping
  • local cache similar to PrevX

he says webroot is faster -.-

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators
  • Mapping executables for  LiveGrid whitelisting
  • file skipping
  • local cache similar to PrevX

he says webroot is faster -.-

execution emulation for files bigger than aprox. 4 MB

Still it's not clear what he means. Files bigger than 4 MB are emulated. Whitelisted or cached files are skipped during a scan. Local cache has been in place since v5 :) Of course, other AVs may scan files faster either because they don't unpack or emulate them as deeply as ESET's advanced heuristics does. On one hand, this approach may result in slightly quicker scans but on the other hand it would either miss a lot of new malware or produce false positives.

Description: Multi-Monitor Support for ESET Anti-Theft from ESET Smart Security
Detail: At this time ESET Anti-Theft provided with the ESET Smart Security program takes a screenshot of your primary monitor, however a smart criminal who knew anything about ESET would be able to avoid being identified by the screenshot system by simply plugging in a second monitor if the system's graphics supported it and working on that instead, leaving the main monitor empty. A better solution would be to use the windows screenshot system (which takes screenshots of all screens and links them into one image.) or  improve the ESET Anti-Theft's screenshot capabilities to include all connected displays.

Description: Multi-Monitor Support for ESET Anti-Theft from ESET Smart Security

Detail: At this time ESET Anti-Theft provided with the ESET Smart Security program takes a screenshot of your primary monitor, however a smart criminal who knew anything about ESET would be able to avoid being identified by the screenshot system by simply plugging in a second monitor if the system's graphics supported it and working on that instead, leaving the main monitor empty. A better solution would be to use the windows screenshot system (which takes screenshots of all screens and links them into one image.) or  improve the ESET Anti-Theft's screenshot capabilities to include all connected displays.

Bricyen, decent feedback there.

Have you thought about entering ESET's contest here : https://forum.eset.com/topic/2728-uscanada-ems-feedback-competition-win-tix-to-black-hat-2014/

They have Anti-theft for mobile now and if you have a smart phone i imagine you could make some decent suggestions.

Thanks for your post.

Edited by Arakasi