Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

• Marcos changed the title to Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

I hope that "ad-blocker" will be added in future versions of ESET. That would be good for the rebels.

Just a minimalistic request for NOD32 Antivirus.

When you hover on the tray icon make visible the virus database version and the corresponding date (like it was in old ESET NOD32 v. 8.0)

Edited by John Dow

When setting the software to NOT do product updates  don't force to do those updates it is annoying and wrecked our test setups and will wreck production.  

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Glitch said:

When setting the software to NOT do product updates  don't force to do those updates it is annoying and wrecked our test setups and will wreck production.  

It is possible to disable application feature updates in the advanced setup. This won't work for security and stability updates as well as when the product goes EOL and there's a risk that module updates for your product version will be terminated which would expose your computer at risk.

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It is possible to disable application feature updates in the advanced setup. This won't work for security and stability updates as well as when the product goes EOL and there's a risk that module updates for your product version will be terminated which would expose your computer at risk.

Exactly off is off and not force it. For example the update of windows server 2012 for example if you forced that it would have wrecked our environment. ESET should learn to in some cases those updates should not be allowed and that is why customers turn it off. Now it is like it is off but when we think it should be on it will be on.  

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Exactly off is off and not force it. For example the update of windows server 2012 for example if you forced that it would have wrecked our environment. ESET should learn to in some cases those updates should not be allowed and that is why customers turn it off. Now it is like it is off but when we think it should be on it will be on.  

This subforum and topic concern products for home users who do not use servers. As far as business products are concerned, an administrator sets up the auto-update policy as he or she likes with the option to set the highest version that the product is allowed to upgrade to. We do not force product updates on servers and in managed environment.

Boot time scanner required for stubborn malware and safe mode password protection required. So that nobody uninstall or modify ESET settings in safe mode. Also fast scanning speed required.

6 hours ago, anirbandutta01 said:

Boot time scanner required for stubborn malware and safe mode password protection required. So that nobody uninstall or modify ESET settings in safe mode. Also fast scanning speed required.

Feature request for all ESET products including ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

In my opinion ESET make a serious mistake by eliminating the ability to create a "Rescue Disk" (or USB flash stick) with the NOD32 program.  I ran into a piece of malware that compromised booting my system. In the past I could boot from a rescue disk, check for the latest definitions, scan, clean, etc.  Now that activity is eliminated.

I ended up using a competitor's product that allowed me to boot from a stick and clean the malware. This is something ESET should put back in their product, or at least have the functionality on their website to download an image and create a bootable media.

It would be nice to have a context menu option when R-clicking ESET icon in sys tray for Firewall Automatic /Firewall Interactive (Windows, of course). After a new app install, I like to know what IPs are being used. It's  cumbersome to open ESET everytime and twirl to those firewall settings. 

Thanks,

Stu

DirectStorage compatibility. Currently DLMFENC.sys still blocks this functionality. Is it possible to add this functionality? Possibly to Gamer Mode?

• 4 weeks later...

Need (allow or disable)  pop-up notifications for Firewall on right-click of taskbar icon.

Now all you can do is go through each program and set it to display, so many clicks.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, pipes said:

Need (allow or disable)  pop-up notifications for Firewall on right-click of taskbar icon.

Now all you can do is go through each program and set it to display, so many clicks.

Please elaborate more on this in a new topic so as not to clutter up this one with feedback and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

All I want are two basic things:

- More fluid and faster graphical interface as it was in the older versions like v14 and v15 (nowadays the performance of the graphical interface of the main window has dropped mainly).

- More simplified purchasing plans (subscriptions) as it used to be like NOD32, EIS AND ESSP (simple, direct and objective) (today it's a bit confusing)

- That it remains as it always was (without bloatware and unnecessary items)

Edited by Guilhermesene

Add customization for Click Right on task bar.

We want to have a shortcut way to enable Gamer Mode quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

More granular email notifications selection

I wish for NOD32 and up, to allow users to granularly select which events will cause a notification email delivery, like about the fact that NOD32 has blocked a risk type (like unwanted application) or even a specific one (like MSIL/Microsoft.Bing.D), so we will know NOD32 did it work (blocked) but we don't wish to be flooded with alert emails about the less important issues.