Eww, please no.

This touch stuff is a fad to the desktop. Push it on the tablets and laptops all you want. Keep it away from a professional desktop, mouse, keyboard environment, ESPECIALLY for endpoint.

Sorry but clients for laptop and desktop go hand in hand.

In other words, touch features for andoid is ok, but not for nod and ss and cyber.

Edited by Arakasi

• Most Valued Members

Eww, please no.

This touch stuff is a fad to the desktop. Push it on the tablets and laptops all you want. Keep it away from a professional desktop, mouse, keyboard environment, ESPECIALLY for endpoint.

In other words, touch features for andoid is ok, but not for nod and ss and cryber.

I totally agree. If Eset ever considers adding touch please include a "Touch: OFF" option.

Eww, please no.

In other words, touch features for andoid is ok, but not for nod and ss and cryber.

Same here I totally agree.... :)  "Touch me touch me I wanna feel your body..." <-- Samantha Fox

They could use that song in a commercial for a product that is all about the magic touch  :D

Edited by SweX

Having a touch button can be an option. Office 2013 has it. It enlarges the buttons so it's easier to press. You can totally turn it on and off. But yes, I have both a desktop and multiple laptops. Touch interface would be very handy on those devices.

• Most Valued Members

Eww, please no.

Same here I totally agree.... :)  "Touch me touch me I wanna feel your body..." <-- Samantha Fox

They could use that song in a commercial for a product that is all about the magic touch  :D

Do you mean "You've Got the Magic Touch" by The Platters? ..Probably not..I think my age is showing  ;)

That would work too, I know who they are. I am probably younger but age doesn't matter in music ;) 

FYI my favorite music decade is the 80's but music made earlier than that works just as good.

Let's just say that, if someone put on a song by egg thrower Bieber then I would walk away! 

Now back to the topic -> future changes.....

• 2 weeks later...

eset corp this is very important if you ignore this you are not profecional 

eset 7 cant detect hidden malware or other stuff fail) dont be so cofident ) 

here all the stronges ideas for max detection  you use head and think )

Ultimate rootkit detection
Ultimate regitry detection and modification
Ultimate  modules detections i mean prorams modules
Ultimate trace i/o detection
Ultimate system detection - sections - devices- services-files -library
Ultimate process detection
Ultimate anti keyloger
Ultimate tread detection
Ultimate  iat/eat detection
Ultimate antirootkit detection

Here for the master detection
Mbr scan detection
Ultimate offile reg and online detecction

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

In order eset be more exact
Need to detect and analise this to find hidden malware and other stuff

ALL PROCESS

REGITRY ONLINE AND OFFLINE

HOST

ANTIROOTKIT

FILES

MBR

WEB BROWER

TASKS

ALL LIBRARY

ALL SERVICE

ALL MODULES

ALL TRACES I/O

ALL DEVICES

ALL IAT/EAT

ALL SECTIONS

ALL SYSTEM 

ALL HIDDEN DLL

ALL PROGRAM THAT USE THE SAME NAME TO HIDE

ALL DLL hijacks

ALL Shell / Load entries

ALL REGITRY KEYS (RUN/RUNONCE)

ALL STARTUP FOLDER

ALL EXTENSION ASOCIATION HIJACK

• Read / Fix DNS Hijacks (DNS Fix button)
  • Read / Fix Proxy Hijacks (Proxy Fix button)
  • Read / Fix Hosts Hijacks (Hosts Fix button)
  • Restore shortcuts / files hidden by rogues of type “Fake HDD
  • Read / Fix malicious Master Boot Record (MBR), even hidden behind rootkit
  • List / Fix SSDT – Shadow SSDT – IRP Hooks (Even with inline hooks)
  • Find and restore system files patched / faked by a rootkit

All detection mechanis to detect fake and trick virus or rootkit
Some virus or malware trick anti virus easyly  and cant be detected by any anti virus or anti malware trust me
Means
You need to create a new tech detection that analyse the full code of any program event is is encriptep or nope
Eset cant detect this win32:bitcoinminer-ca
All you need is use  forensic detections to be the best

Thanks you

1 more bug eset    

when apear the eset windowss say public and work and someting you shoose public   say error firewall  somting like that 

eset still have bugs

fix that 

• Administrators

1 more bug eset    

when apear the eset windowss say public and work 

and someting you shoose public   say error firewall  somting like that

Nobody else has reported this issue. It could be caused by insufficient permissions when saving the configuration to a file.

• Administrators

All detection mechanis to detect fake and trick virus or rootkit

Some virus or malware trick anti virus easyly  and cant be detected by any anti virus or anti malware trust me

You need to create a new tech detection that analyse the full code of any program event is is encriptep or nope

All you need is use  forensic detections to be the best

It's been known for decades of years that there's nothing like 100% protection against all existing and future threats. Any constructive suggestions or ideas are welcome so please try to be more realistic.

• ESET Insiders

ESET Live Grid, ESET's cloud technology, received a major update for the current version of the software, v6, and is updated continually as new and existing customers participate in it.

On execution emulation for files bigger than aprox. 4 MB..etc

+ Mapping <big+upx> executables ---> on-access LiveGrid whitelisting ! file skipping ! local cache similar to PrevX º Webroot fastest lookups

---- speeds between those of code analysis and code emulation

Sorry but I don't understand you... Could you write full sentences please?

Edited by rugk

:)

He is trying to list ideas for future versions, yes his format is a little grey.

This is what he is requesting for future builds:

• execution emulation for files bigger than aprox. 4 MB
  • Mapping executables for  LiveGrid whitelisting
  • file skipping
  • local cache similar to PrevX

he says webroot is faster -.-

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators
  • Mapping executables for  LiveGrid whitelisting
  • file skipping
  • local cache similar to PrevX

he says webroot is faster -.-

execution emulation for files bigger than aprox. 4 MB

Still it's not clear what he means. Files bigger than 4 MB are emulated. Whitelisted or cached files are skipped during a scan. Local cache has been in place since v5 :) Of course, other AVs may scan files faster either because they don't unpack or emulate them as deeply as ESET's advanced heuristics does. On one hand, this approach may result in slightly quicker scans but on the other hand it would either miss a lot of new malware or produce false positives.

Description: Multi-Monitor Support for ESET Anti-Theft from ESET Smart Security
Detail: At this time ESET Anti-Theft provided with the ESET Smart Security program takes a screenshot of your primary monitor, however a smart criminal who knew anything about ESET would be able to avoid being identified by the screenshot system by simply plugging in a second monitor if the system's graphics supported it and working on that instead, leaving the main monitor empty. A better solution would be to use the windows screenshot system (which takes screenshots of all screens and links them into one image.) or  improve the ESET Anti-Theft's screenshot capabilities to include all connected displays.

Description: Multi-Monitor Support for ESET Anti-Theft from ESET Smart Security

Detail: At this time ESET Anti-Theft provided with the ESET Smart Security program takes a screenshot of your primary monitor, however a smart criminal who knew anything about ESET would be able to avoid being identified by the screenshot system by simply plugging in a second monitor if the system's graphics supported it and working on that instead, leaving the main monitor empty. A better solution would be to use the windows screenshot system (which takes screenshots of all screens and links them into one image.) or  improve the ESET Anti-Theft's screenshot capabilities to include all connected displays.

Bricyen, decent feedback there.

Have you thought about entering ESET's contest here : https://forum.eset.com/topic/2728-uscanada-ems-feedback-competition-win-tix-to-black-hat-2014/

They have Anti-theft for mobile now and if you have a smart phone i imagine you could make some decent suggestions.

Thanks for your post.

Edited by Arakasi

ESET never give any release dates, but BETA 1 will probably be released when it's ready for prime time.

• ESET Insiders

Descr:experimental auto-whitelist in Filesystem protectin

Details:limited to write-execute events & UPX bigger than ~3MB

• Administrators

Descr:experimental auto-whitelist in Filesystem protectin

Details:limited to write-execute events & UPX bigger than ~3MB

Unfortunately, it's not clear what you mean. With Smart optimization and LiveGrid enabled, (automatically) whitelisted files are omitted from scanning.

Hello, I have some interesting features and suggestions for Next Eset Smart Security

I observe that Eset Smart Security is not executed immediately or before run operating system, in present is a little delay at run of Eset Smart Security , in future would be good that Eset Smart Security to start as soon as possible even in boot sector.

Eset Smart Security display every time pop-up windows at detection of adware or potential unwanted (unsafe) applications, Eset Smart Security should try to clean adware or take automatic optimum decision, also if it is find a program that contain adware Eset Smart Security should clean only adware (if it is possible) not to uninstall whole application. Eset would be good that make available to change graphical interface from advanced settings or to change automatic graphic after new version. Eset should create a cloud system storage with virtual space (in cloud) for files, photos, documents, backup. This cloud system storage would be very useful and safe for users which want to have access at all files, photos, etc. from many devices that have installed Eset Security Solutions. This cloud services should be included in Eset Smart Security 8.

Eset Smart Security should have possibility to set scan priority (low, normal, high) for short time scan (reduce time for whole system scan) and for customised system resources consumption. Eset Smart Security is necessary to have Auto Mode, when activate, Eset take optimum decisions without requiring user intervention and without requiring any action from the user. Eset Smart Security should have a feature that check and advice user if in computer are installed programs (applications) that can interfere with Eset Smart Security. For speed up scan, when PC is connected to the internet Eset would be good to use cloud database and behavioural analysis of malware. For stronger malware removal should strengthened repair and delete capacity with File Shredder or method Gutmann. Eset Smart Security should have in Tools a tool that scan Windows, registry, files, applications, etc. if were not damaged or modified of malware, also check if not has been deleted a file or registry key that would cause errors or impairs the functioning of the system. In section Schedule should be added possibility to schedule scan at each 10, 15, 30 start of computer or define a scan data and execute scan with first start of computer (ex: 05.04.14 full system scan at first computer start). Would be good if Eset make available license packs with unlimited number of devices.

Eset would be interesting if have a world interactive map (cyber map) where to be represent in real time, based on Eset Live-Grid, attacks by type (Intrusion, Spam, Vulnerability, On-Demand, etc.).  Eset Smart Security should have Sandbox (for browser) for run suspected or sensible sites, also Safe Pay (Keeps hackers at bay by automatically opening all online banking pages in a separate, secure browser, and keeps all necessary credentials safe and within your reach.). Eset Smart Security would be good to have Safe Search to check display results (safe or unsafe) of search in Google and Bing. Eset Sysrescue should be simplified, in present must be installed Windows AIK for create a rescue disk, in future would be good to can run Sysrescue without need to install Windows AIK. In a computer with big files a whole system scan lasts about 4 hours, scan speed should be improved. In version 7 of Eset Smart Security capacity of response is low, program freeze when a full system scan with log runs, capacity of response should be improved for run without slow down even the computer is old.

Eset Smart Security in Tools would be good to add a tool that check potentially vulnerabilities from sites (When user want to view if site that often access is or not vulnerable at attacks). Eset should have a premium feature, Password Manager (stores, password management) this feature would have function of generate and stores user’s passwords. Eset Smart Security should have Security Vault for encrypt with password the most valuable or personal data. Network Threat Protection would be good to be in Eset Smart Security. For considerable energy savings or battery savings Eset should add Power Saving Mode. One of interesting feature that should be ad is Wallet (Stores your sensitive credentials and automatically logs you in to all your favourite websites emails and apps.) Eset should have Anti-Piracy (Check license if is genuine or pirated). Eset warns if operating system is not up-to-date, would be good as Eset warns if programs installed on computer are not up-to-date. Eset would be good to have a Gold Version to provide ultimate protection with premium services and extra features. Eset Smart Security should add in Tools a tool named Deep Rootkit Scanner, this tool would be useful to detect sophisticated and well hide rootkits. Eset should add Network Mapping Monitor (Display and monitor devices that are connected in home network besides base PC. Prevent unauthorized connection of devices at Home Network.). In Eset Smart Security Firewall does not secure protocol IPV 6, all protocols and ports must be maximum secured. For more beautiful design in Graphic Setting would be good to add dynamic control of all icons and active control elements.

Eset Social Media Scanner Should have possibility to block pages with ads, public pages, groups etc. Eset Social Media Scanner must have a feature that control accounts, pages, posts, content, etc. (User defined rules ex: Block adult content, block defraud pages; like Control Parental for Facebook). Eset Social Media Scanner Should check if profile image of user or personal data were or not used at other accounts, and check if user’s profile photo is or not used like profile photo at other account.

Eset Smart Security when find an infected file displays multiple notifications as file was cleaned or placed in quarantine, but not always files are really cleaned or placed in quarantine (sometimes files remains), clean capacity should be increased. Eset Smart Security is too heavy with system, when is introduced a removable device with many files, when Eset automatic scan this device Eset become unresponsive and freeze. While Eset scans removable device is difficult to run files that are on device. Performance should be improved. Would be good to add my.eset.com Dashboard (See all the status and licensing information about software and services in your own my.eset.com dashboard. Remote scan and fix security issues on all your Eset-protected devices from anywhere using my.eset.com. Eset Smart Security should have Anti-Banner (Protection, filtering publicity banners). Eset Smart Security Would be good to have Secure Keyboard for more protection against Keyloggs. Eset would be good to have Start-Up Manager (Manage all tasks, applications that starts with windows). Eset Smart Security must add Chat Encryption (Keeps your conversations private on Yahoo, messenger, Mail, Social Network, etc.

Eset Smart Security should have various profiles which are optimized for different activities. For example: 4 profiles, profile standard (standard settings, tasks, and activities), profile gaming (optimising settings, activities, tasks for gaming.), profile Power Saver (optimiser tasks, settings, activities for maximum energy savings.), profile Advanced (premium settings, activities, maximum power, ultimate protection by additional parameters). At Eset Smart Security Advanced Settings must be optimised (changed) such that can be accessed easily from windows 8 tablets and from touch screen devices. Eset Smart Security would be good to have a Self-Repair feature (this feature auto repair Eset Smart Security or provide user repair methods from errors missing files, drivers or malfunction). In AutoScan from Eset Smart Security would be good to introduce Scan Automatically Mapped Network Devices, also keyloggs scan would be good to add. Eset Smart Security should have a feature (tool) that safe decrypt files in case if computer is infected with Ransomware and offer good shield against Ransomware. Eset Smart Security it is necessary to have a tool that create a secure network connection, VPN (Virtual Private Network). Eset Smart Security would be good to have Live-Grid Statistics (Display number of safe files and infected files that were collected by cloud). When new version of Eset Smart Security will come, hope that GUI will be improved.

Hello @Octavian,

a great and detailed feedback you gave! Thanks for this!

There are many point's and so of course there are also some points that may be discussable or that are already in the product.

But there are also many good points you noticed!

So please be patient. I'm sure a moderator is answering soon.

• Administrators

There are too many points to answer separately. As you wrote, some things are already in the product (e.g. drivers and ekrn.exe starts as soon as possible, Linux-based LiveRescue not requiring AIK, etc.) and most of the rest are ideas that would make the products unnecessarily bloated or they are not good or safe ideas (e.g. ESET cannot remove PUAs automatically by default for legal and safety reasons) and ESET won't include them in future versions of the products.

There are too many points to answer separately. As you wrote, some things are already in the product (e.g. drivers and ekrn.exe starts as soon as possible, Linux-based LiveRescue not requiring AIK, etc.) and most of the rest are ideas that would make the products unnecessarily bloated or they are not good or safe ideas (e.g. ESET cannot remove PUAs automatically by default for legal and safety reasons) and ESET won't include them in future versions of the products.

This is true, the user is seeing the gui open, not services start.

There is a strict cleaning option.

ESET isnt a datacenter or hosting company.

There is already graphics adjustments.

It already looks for conflicting drivers and warns during installation.

Many of these are already available, the user just doesn't have the product knowledge.

A nicer, more organized, and utilization of forum tools would also help us read those, its discombobulated .

•