Yeah but its not really feedback (as I see feedback) that he gives, its more like he want a total rewrite of the software by comparing ESET's features to 30 other products that have all those "features" that apparently is missing in ESET that just have to be added so it becomes the best of the best. 

Maybe but I don't think other AV vendors have "ultimate anti-keylogger" or "ultimate anti-rootkit". Maybe it's just his fantasy. ;)

But i have to agree: It's not really feedback.

Good evening,

We should not underestimate the competitor .... Some are "anti keylogger" high performance systems.

This is not because we appreciate a product that must be "blind" ... Compared to what is being done elsewhere ...

" If your computer is clean from keyloggers, (and any other type of malware) and your browser is not hi-jacked in some way, and you connect to the bank..."

It starts to do a lot of conditions, right?

I do not think that all users on a daily basis, checks if a keylogger is present on their machine, and I can assure you that quite a "bypass" eset ...

I regret all my heart that the version "Titan" is not available in Europe. I think eset deprives a buoyant market.

Because the ability to encrypt important files, especially on a laptop, seems to me essential for safety as you will agree, protection password Windows session is largely insufficient.

Fingers crossed for the Thunderbird addons are again consistent, it's still a shame not to be compatible with one of the most popular mail client.

Sorry for the translation, perhaps approximate, but Eset does not have an "international" forum I use translation tools

Regards;

VigenTests.

Edited by VigenTests

This is indeed an International forum as in everyone can join in...but yes English is what we use  :D

Yes I don't understand the whole post but most of it. Keyloggers are seen as malware and so they will be detected like any other form of malware.

Again, please correct me if i'm wrong...and of course not all secure banking features/apps works the same way.

I assume you mean incase a user have a little keylogger on the system and goes to bank.com to do online banking, you want a feature that "prevents" the keylogger from "seeing" the private stuff? And the "wallet, safe pay" or any similar feature is up for that job?

The way I see it, the chance that I would have an active undetected keylogger on my system waiting for me to do online banking or shopping is very small. And I don't want to risk that this "wallet" is being exploited in some way and the encryption cracked wich will hand over my banking details to the wrong person, wich I see as a bigger chance than having a keylogger or similar lurking around. 

Hello Mr SweX

Yes you take "your" example :)

Eset is a product of "public" users with different knowledge levels.

Perhaps a "simple" system the comm did a German publisher with name starting with G ^ ^ is not a bad idea.

No addon directly interact with the drivers ....

But again, it is a shame that the Titan version is not sold in Europe. Shame is not the correct word, but....translation tools ^^

Reagrds,

VigenTests.

Hello Mr SweX

Yes you take "your" example :)

Eset is a product of "public" users with different knowledge levels.

But again, it is a shame that the Titan version is not sold in Europe. Shame is not the correct word, but....translation tools ^^

Reagrds,

VigenTests.

You can see "my" examples as you like, I simply weigh and try to see the positive and negative aspect of having my banking details in such apps....but the public knowledge won't matter if the banking details leak out of these apps for some reason does it? 

Perhaps a "simple" system the comm did a German publisher with name starting with G ^ ^ is not a bad idea.

No addon directly interact with the drivers ....

Its not prohibited to mention other vendor names in here afaik, I assume you talk about this?

hxxp://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Data-Bank-Guard-PC/dp/B008UL0HT0

• Protects against all known and unknown banking Trojans
  • Compatible with any security software
  • Plug-in for MS Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers

I love products that can protect us from "all known and unkown"

Also any user can use this as they claim its compatible with other security softwares. (fwiw it is also incorporated in the G-data product lineup for anyone interested)

Yes we are way off-topic as we are only meant to post future changes, though several members have lately posted loads of totally unnecessary and even fictional features that is a "must have"...and push forward that banking mode is very essential, so I must of course say that I do not agree with that and say my opinion in this whole mess. But to at least end the banking mode discussion maybe ESET could say something about whether it indeed is necessary to add features like that to NOD32/ESS...or not.

FYI "Shame" works just fine in your sentence. I guess it could be useful to know what "Titan" have that you like?

Edited by SweX

Hello there :)

I was just talking a feature prevent "listen" keystroke, not containing the bank details ... A good old "notebook" and a pencil case will ;)

"I love products that can protect us from "all known and unkown""

You know very well that all companies use marketing, Eset like others elsewhere :)

In "Titan"?

A destructive files, available in the context menu....An password manager, but with local back-up not in the cloud...An the ability to backup data :)

And for the Kids an more complète parental control, in ESS is really minimalist does not allow much.

VigenTests.

Edited by VigenTests

What is your opinion about adding On-Demand-Scan by Priority (Low- slower scan and little system resources, Medium- little fast scan and more system resources, High- fast scan and a lot of resources)?

What is your opinion about adding On-Demand-Scan by Priority (Low- slower scan and little system resources, Medium- little fast scan and more system resources, High- fast scan and a lot of resources)?

Hello there,

I wonder if those options are really necessary, given the performance of current processors and hard drives.

Regards;

VigenTests.

eset 8 beta  is bloking the speed test and is making  a delay for loading the webpage and delay to make a speed test

make a update and fix is make the internet run more slow and create delay that don't happen with eset 7 final  but is happening with the new beta please make a update

and make it that can process the internet traffics more fatser for faster speed  like 80mgbs or more   to prevent that delay

eset crop this idea is extremely important if you ignore this you are crazy

for eset 8

new engine - Anti cookie Trakers = prevent when you browse online  to be track or spy when the cookie are in the pc

we know that all company spy users from cookie like google and others

maybe they have a monitor the browser

enhanged cookie protection

send do not track  protection = this can be bypass by hakers  make it more strong if you will make it

make engine to inspction the brwosers and cookie funtions  if the cookie is infected eset will clean it or if is tracking your pc and personal data

please this is not a joke you know corp always spy

@kakashi, the last time I try it in a good way!

Maybe you know CCleaner This might be a program you like. Of course there are also other programs for cleaning cookies. (e.g. TuneUp)

You can deactivate cookies in your browser or only disallow third-party-cookies or (maybe additionally) install specific add-ons in your browser that also block tracking companies (e.g. Ghostery or DoNotTrackMe).

And Do Not Track is optional for the websites, so you can't talk of "bypass" and also not from "hackers". This are normal website operators and it's legal!

And this is the point! It's nothing bad (except of your personal opinion) and it has nothing to do in an antivirus software. Like I described there are many, many other ways...

Edited by rugk

Oh. Now I know why you always write enhanced (or enhanged) and something like this  ;) - Wikipedia: Advanced SystemCare

(for me "advanced" is round the corner)

And this product illustrates in a good way how ESET never should (and will) be! If you want you can give them the feedback you try to gave ESET here. Maybe they are glad!

But ESET won't be deleting cookies or adding something that's not in their focus!

And maybe you want to check out my other tips posted above too. But don't annoy ESET with not constructive feedback. Thanks.

Edited by rugk

eset crop this idea is extremely important if you ignore this you are crazy

for eset 8 

They are crazy and will continue to be crazy. In this case being crazy is a good thing. Calling this "extremely important" is to exaggerate just a little bit. No special feature is needed for that either.

i use advance sistem care 7.3 and hitman pro 

Advanced System Care..product by IOBit. I hope you like it. Personally I will never install an IOBit product in my PC ever. 

It is not surprising you use products having Advanced in the product name. 

Continue to use HitmanPro. And please stop posting requests like this it is not fun anymore.

• Administrators
Advanced System Care..product by IOBit. I hope you like it. Personally I will never install an IOBit product in my PC ever.

I'm not sure but that name rang me a bell and there's a good chance we detect it as PUA :)

I'm not sure but that name rang me a bell and there's a good chance we detect it as PUA :)

That is possible, not sure if you detect ASC itself, but I do know iobit used to have PUA's bundled in all or some of their softwares. And some complained and said it was a "FP". But it wasn't of course.

Edited by SweX

Hello there :)

I was just talking a feature prevent "listen" keystroke, not containing the bank details ... A good old "notebook" and a pencil case will ;)

"I love products that can protect us from "all known and unkown""

You know very well that all companies use marketing, Eset like others elsewhere :)

In "Titan"?

A destructive files, available in the context menu....An password manager, but with local back-up not in the cloud...An the ability to backup data :)

And for the Kids an more complète parental control, in ESS is really minimalist does not allow much.

VigenTests.

Hello,

"I was just talking a feature prevent "listen" keystroke, not containing the bank details ..."

Ah I see, if ESET consider to add something for "banking" then yes that it much better in every possible way. But it will take time to develop to be sure it works to 100%, I mean even products having such features doesn't always work all the time despite that's the intention of these features. It feels like some of them have just put a feature name like that in the feature list even if the feature is half-baked and not ready.

"You know very well that all companies use marketing, Eset like others elsewhere"

I don't call that marketing, that's simply what they say that their product is capable of nothing more nothing less.
I have searched but haven't found anything, but i'm curious and would appreciate if you could point me in the direction where ESET claim something similar? 

"A destructive files, available in the context menu....An password manager, but with local back-up not in the cloud...An the ability to backup data"

1. I assume you mean like a Secure File Deletion function? Can be useful.
2. Password manager, plenty of stand-alone passwords managers available.
3. Backup. same here, plenty of good reliable backup programs available.

IMO 2 and 3 would only make ESS bloated as they have nothing to do with protection and they don't fit the "internet security" product category. Then it would be much better if they released another product having all ESS features + password manager and backup. ESET Total Security or whatever. Personally I don't see the point with these Total products, I imagine that maybe 60% of the product is developed in-house (taken from the AV or IS version) and the rest has been licensed of other companies that are experts at what they do, like backup programs or similar made by a company that are experts on developing backup softwares. I would rather buy the backup software directly from the backup company and that way also get better support, incase the backup "feature" in the AV is working incorrectly you are supposed to contact the AV support to get support for the AV product that you bought, not the backup company. What would happen incase the AV vendor push out a bad update/product update of some kind that could end up affecting the backup function, could be a disaster...some products are best used on their own. No, these products just add extra footprint on the system, not to mention that the download size get's ridiculous.

I dislike when vendors license a program from another company and adds it like a feature in their own product.
Like if a vendor would license Lastpass and add it in their own product as a password manager feature. Instead I am for that the whole product is developed in-house just like ESS. And ESET has a long tradition of in-house development, so if they would add a licensed feature they would break that tradition.

Vendors are lazy when they just "pick" programs and "paste" them in their own programs to launch products that have the most additional features in the hope to gain more customers from the group that want all-in-one products. You mentioned marketing, there you have it right there. They want to sell sell sell so some of them felt the need to create huge products(by licensing) that includes protection, backup, speedup, defrag, banking, secure shopping, software updater, password manager, maintenance tools... and what else you can find in some of them. And its not good since people are now starting to get used to these products as more vendors jump on the "total" and "360" train. So vendors that does not include some features like the ones mentioned above in their products are unfortunately starting to ge more and moret requests to add such features.

Many vendors should go back to the BluePrint to see what company it was
that they started...was it a security software company.....or what was it! 

Thank You.
Edited by SweX

Then it would be much better if they released another product having all ESS features + password manager and backup

No, please no Nor**n 360° (or even ESET 360°)! Please! :(

I would organize a shitstorm!

Edited by rugk

Then it would be much better if they released another product having all ESS features + password manager and backup

No, please no Nor**n 360° (or even ESET 360°)! Please! :(

That was just an idea (not a suggestion) that I see as a better way than ESET end up adding c rap to ESS. As I like ESS I want to continue to use it without extras being added. But I rather see ESET stay out of the "fluff fluff" product segment altogether of course.

Edited by SweX

That was just an idea (not a suggestion) that I see as a better way than ESET end up adding c rap to ESS. As I like ESS I want to continue to use it without extras being added. But I rather see ESET stay out of the "fluff fluff" product segment altogether of course.

Also if we had ESS and ESET 360°, this would be like Nor**n Internet Security and Nor**n 360°. - No! No! No! Never!

This cra p can stay away! This would require staff and this staff can make better things at ESET!

Edited by rugk

Also if we had ESS and ESET 360°, this would be like Nor**n Internet Security and Nor**n 360°. - No! No! No! Never!

This cra p can stay away! This would require stuff and this stuff can make better things at ESET!

I suggest you re-read the post again. I do Not say that I want ESET take this path and waste resources on it! You should know by now that I am against it, not for it!

Edited by SweX

eset here i have more ideas for eset 8 i hope you undertand and put this dont be so confident because i was cheking the other anti virus have more features that eset  i whant to help this corp 

eset 8 engine 

new eset 8 Engine forensic Vulneravility scan =  this will scan and analise any windows or programs or ect Vulnerability and will tell you were the Vunerability  is and fix it  event if they are dll, exe, framework or other............. 

this vulnerability engine will help you and tell you if there is a Vulnerability  in your sistem or remote or webrowser or any  update corrup or  anything  to  kepyou secure. and fix the problem. 

add a new forensic Vulnerability scan section 

fix network connection of eset 8 is not complete it detail. what i mean is dont show you what program is running and what ( port is running ) dont show process id , dont show protocol tcp or udp  dont show local ip adress form the program you are running for example google crome or internet explore      don tell you is the direction is outbound or inbound what going eset  you run out of ideas 

a haker can simple hide and the network never will show if is there 

eset you can be number 1 but to be honest this beta is a 40% and still alot of thing that need to be remaster and fix and be more detail in network in firewal and other features 

this software need a new desing 

add in firewall active ftp mode 

add notifie and protection if you wirless conection have vuneravility or is bean atack or is bean flood by brute force atack to steal wirlesss password 

add a new engine instant detection network means if a haker is fooding you will detection if is trying to start you webcam hiden will be detected if is trying to spy and active the pc audio to hear and spy and steal data will be detected 

add a new section anti rootkit protection and scan but this scan need to be serpate this will be only rootkit scan section so you scan and will detect all rootkit hidden ect 

new web engine will detect any atack by simple focusing and analise the full code of the web page if somthing is hiden or if the page is washing you  will block any remote port from any age atack and ip and port 

add new engine anti spy this mode will prevent all methsos of spying  and will detect anyting if someone is spying remote or monitor webcam audio ect 

add anti keyloger 

add this list 

make the scan of eset more faster 

more faster firewall detection 

more faster web detection 

instant hips detection sometime =lack

all pop up notifiecation of any feature if detect someting wich beter and full  detail of what is 

fix web SSL incompavility and problems  add a new incription and inpection is is safe 

new intrution prevention to block any atack like /dos atack/ (echo atack) (ping atack)  (ip flood atack)  (brute force atack) ,Man-in the middle atack ,( compromised key attack)  (,Sniffer atack ) application layer attack ) Reconnaissance attack ) ect 

low impact cpu 

low impact ping network

low impact memory 

low impact hardrive 

make all the feature to not degrade the pc perfromance make it faster and low impact 

make this the best anti virus 

thank you 

"dont be so confident because i was cheking the other anti virus have more features that eset"

I take a deep breath and pretend I didn't read this for the 5'th time.