So please be patient. I'm sure a moderator is answering soon.

and most of the rest are ideas that would make the products unnecessarily bloated or they are not good or safe ideas (e.g. ESET cannot remove PUAs automatically by default for legal and safety reasons) and ESET won't include them in future versions of the products.

Thanks, now I don't need to mention this myself.

As for many of the suggestions, have all of them in ONE product is not my cup of tea. And there is already several good online services (cloud backup etc..), and/or stand-alone applications that you can download and use for one or several of the suggestions. 

Edited by SweX

Although you are right that there many not such good ideas I don't wanted to say "Bad feedback - bug off!". This would be dissuasive and it is also not true, because I find at least one points that is - IMO - quite good.

I mean this point:

Would be good to add my.eset.com Dashboard (See all the status and licensing information about software and services in your own my.eset.com dashboard.

Just to bring it into the right from...

Description: Adding an online dashboard where you manage your licenses.

Detail: You should be able to delete/move/view your (multi-device) license(s) online.

More detail: see this topic: Delete Eset Licences From A Device Or Move It To Another Device / Online License Managment

(Please also reply to this topic if it only applies there)

Edited by rugk

@rugk

Yes sure, FYI I didn't read the whole post since I don't like to read posts where there are no spaces between sentences. It's like I would talk for 3 minutes straight without taking a break to breath.

So I only answered on those suggestions that I saw wich simply don't need to be implemented, and some that absolutely shouldn't be implemented. Instead one can use services and softwares that is made by other companies and developers that have expertise in these areas. ESET should continue to focus where their focus is today. Its better to be good and focus at a couple of things, than do 10 things at ones resulting in something half-baked. 

Edited by SweX

The main point is, for the most part, and i stress the most part, not all companies. ESET is doing better and improving the areas that need to be improved, while other security companies are failing. They aren't concentrating more efforts in certain areas, are not biting off more than they can chew, and not trying to be the best, they just are by their actions.

ESET has partners that are assisting in areas that do not require ESET, but may add that extra layer of security. Very good example: Deslock

I installed it on my office computer to test. Its a brilliant piece of software, and i have more trust, faith, and passion for the product being able to purchase and receive support from ESET.

Edited by Arakasi

There are too many points to answer separately. As you wrote, some things are already in the product (e.g. drivers and ekrn.exe starts as soon as possible, Linux-based LiveRescue not requiring AIK, etc.) and most of the rest are ideas that would make the products unnecessarily bloated or they are not good or safe ideas (e.g. ESET cannot remove PUAs automatically by default for legal and safety reasons) and ESET won't include them in future versions of the products.

There are too many points to answer separately. As you wrote, some things are already in the product (e.g. drivers and ekrn.exe starts as soon as possible, Linux-based LiveRescue not requiring AIK, etc.) and most of the rest are ideas that would make the products unnecessarily bloated or they are not good or safe ideas (e.g. ESET cannot remove PUAs automatically by default for legal and safety reasons) and ESET won't include them in future versions of the products.

This is true, the user is seeing the gui open, not services start.

There is a strict cleaning option.

ESET isnt a datacenter or hosting company.

There is already graphics adjustments.

It already looks for conflicting drivers and warns during installation.

Many of these are already available, the user just doesn't have the product knowledge.

A nicer, more organized, and utilization of forum tools would also help us read those, its discombobulated .

•  

Yes, I know that some features already are in Eset Smart Security but I focused on features that are not, I know Eset Smart Security well and use it over 4 years, I rephrased some existing features.

To create a sysrescue disk from Eset Smart Security it is necessary to have Windows AIK installed on computer, I referred to Eset Sysrescue from Eset Smart Security not Sysrescue linux based.

About graphic, Eset GUI at version 7 looks like version 6 GUI and at Advanced Settings graphical interface it is not optimized for windows 8 touchscreen devices, it is necessary to change mode of display Advanced Settings.

and most of the rest are ideas that would make the products unnecessarily bloated or they are not good or safe ideas (e.g. ESET cannot remove PUAs automatically by default for legal and safety reasons) and ESET won't include them in future versions of the products.

Thanks, now I don't need to mention this myself.

As for many of the suggestions, have all of them in ONE product is not my cup of tea. And there is already several good online services (cloud backup etc..), and/or stand-alone applications that you can download and use for one or several of the suggestions. 

Some of this features can be added in a separate version of Eset for home, a version with premium features but this depends from manufacturer if want or not to launch so version.

@rugk

Yes sure, FYI I didn't read the whole post since I don't like to read posts where there are no spaces between sentences. It's like I would talk for 3 minutes straight without taking a break to breath.

So I only answered on those suggestions that I saw wich simply don't need to be implemented, and some that absolutely shouldn't be implemented. Instead one can use services and softwares that is made by other companies and developers that have expertise in these areas. ESET should continue to focus where their focus is today. Its better to be good and focus at a couple of things, than do 10 things at ones resulting in something half-baked. 

The main point is, for the most part, and i stress the most part, not all companies. ESET is doing better and improving the areas that need to be improved, while other security companies are failing. They aren't concentrating more efforts in certain areas, are not biting off more than they can chew, and not trying to be the best, they just are by their actions.

ESET has partners that are assisting in areas that do not require ESET, but may add that extra layer of security. Very good example: Deslock

I installed it on my office computer to test. Its a brilliant piece of software, and i have more trust, faith, and passion for the product being able to purchase and receive support from ESET.

Yes, it is important that Eset concentrated to some points but if will spin in circles, progress will be not so good. It is good to work for improve actual technologies but it is necessary to launch may be few new technologies.

I really like that Eset work good at false positive chapter and in latest tests Eset have almost no false positive detected.

Sorry for my mode of writing, I accustomed to write and read in this mode.

To be honest I like Eset as it is and I will continue to use many years before.

Yeah you are right that they have to made progress and add new features, but this features must have to do something with Security/Protection/Anti-Malware, because it's really not good to have an all-in-one solution. If you want features that have nothing to do with Security/Protection/Anti-Malware then you can use other products from other companies.

The best two reasons why this is good are:

1. Every company should be focused on the features they can implement in a very high quality and they should stay in their scope of business. (colloquial: they should what they can do best) And so they got high-quality products without unnecessary functions.
    You have to see that every company has staff - and this staff is maybe specialized to a special thing. So if you include features for an all-in-one solution you have to ways. You can...
    1. employ new stuff and that would cause costs (and so also the products will cost more) or...
    2. use this staff and say them they should develop now the new additionally features. This would cause that the main-features are not more developed so much/good and the quality of the main product can get worse.
  2. If you have are free to use a product for one task and not (have to) use an all-in-one-solution then you can use the products for the other tasks that fit best to you.

We all know that some other firms don't follow this (e.g. the big yellow one) and also make such all-in-one solutions, but I think this isn't the right way and ESET shouldn't go this way.

And the graphics are already really good - they don't have to reinvent the wheel if it is already good. Of course if they improve the GUI or have to make new buttons inside it and so they must redesign it then it's ok to change the GUI, but there is every time the "risk" that it can be worse than before.

And the touchscreen design was already discussed.

• Administrators

Yes, it is important that Eset concentrated to some points but if will spin in circles, progress will be not so good. It is good to work for improve actual technologies but it is necessary to launch may be few new technologies. 

To name the recently introduced technologies: Advanced memory scanner, Exploit blocker, Vulnerability shield, LiveGrid (instant cloud blocking), continually improved advanced heuristics in terms of detection and performance. As you can see, ESET puts a lot of effort into technologies that bring actual benefits to users.

Developing each technology takes a lot of resources and time. The number of features doesn't matter; what matters is how good protection, safety (false positives) and footprint a security product can offer. Introducing 20-30 or more new features not bringing any actual benefits for users would be wasting of time and resources.

If you think that ESET lacks protection against some kind of malware or other threats, please let us know and we'll look into it.

This is just a small desire, but without it it's a bit annoying...

Description: Add the button "Apply" to the options window.

Detail: It's a bit annoying that you have to close and reopen the options window if you (e.g.) just want to test some settings. So you should add the option to apply the settings without closing the window.

Yeah you are right that they have to made progress and add new features, but this features must have to do something with Security/Protection/Anti-Malware, because it's really not good to have an all-in-one solution. If you want features that have nothing to do with Security/Protection/Anti-Malware then you can use other products from other companies.

The best two reasons why this is good are:

1. Every company should be focused on the features they can implement in a very high quality and they should stay in their scope of business. (colloquial: they should what they can do best) And so they got high-quality products without unnecessary functions.

You have to see that every company has staff - and this staff is maybe specialized to a special thing. So if you include features for an all-in-one solution you have to ways. You can...

1. employ new stuff and that would cause costs (and so also the products will cost more) or...
    2. use this staff and say them they should develop now the new additionally features. This would cause that the main-features are not more developed so much/good and the quality of the main product can get worse.
  2. If you have are free to use a product for one task and not (have to) use an all-in-one-solution then you can use the products for the other tasks that fit best to you.

We all know that some other firms don't follow this (e.g. the big yellow one) and also make such all-in-one solutions, but I think this isn't the right way and ESET shouldn't go this way.

And the graphics are already really good - they don't have to reinvent the wheel if it is already good. Of course if they improve the GUI or have to make new buttons inside it and so they must redesign it then it's ok to change the GUI, but there is every time the "risk" that it can be worse than before.

And the touchscreen design was already discussed.

To name the recently introduced technologies: Advanced memory scanner, Exploit blocker, Vulnerability shield, LiveGrid (instant cloud blocking), continually improved advanced heuristics in terms of detection and performance. As you can see, ESET puts a lot of effort into technologies that bring actual benefits to users.

Developing each technology takes a lot of resources and time. The number of features doesn't matter; what matters is how good protection, safety (false positives) and footprint a security product can offer. Introducing 20-30 or more new features not bringing any actual benefits for users would be wasting of time and resources.

If you think that ESET lacks protection against some kind of malware or other threats, please let us know and we'll look into it.

Yes it is true, it is not important quantity but quality. Eset strengthened actual components.

Thank You! For advice.

I have notice that when a PUA is detected by Eset and a warning window is displayed, if I press ‘’No Action’’ button, file cannot be run, this should be revise.

I propose to be added in Advanced Settings a setting that block PUA to download (this setting can be optional, user can decide to activate it or not.)

Also when Internet Explorer is open in Metro Mode, Eset display notification, when a PUA was detected, on desktop, in future Eset should display a notification in Metro Mode of Internet Explorer.

Have a question: I run Windows 8.1 update, I have installed Eset Smart Security 7, when I log in to computer Eset Logo do not appear immediately but  with a delay, it is normal that, or Eset Smart Security does not work good?

• Administrators

I have notice that when a PUA is detected by Eset and a warning window is displayed, if I press ‘’No Action’’ button, file cannot be run, this should be revise.

If you want to allow certain PUA, exclude it from detection by unfolding advanced options and checking the appropriate box, then click No action. The PUA won't be detected the next time you access it on a disk.

Have a question: I run Windows 8.1 update, I have installed Eset Smart Security 7, when I log in to computer Eset Logo do not appear immediately but  with a delay, it is normal that, or Eset Smart Security does not work good?

What you are seeing is the GUI loading.

This is not the ESET service, only the visual aspect of the program, which does not even have to be loaded at all for the protection to work. ;)

Hello,

It is nice type of notification present in attached image.  :) 

At next version of Eset Smart Security in Advanced Settings can be added such type of buttons for configuration of protection modules.

post-4541-0-87414900-1405585731_thumb.png

Edited by Octavian

That design will not fit in nicely with the rest of the checkboxes check/uncheck in the advanced setup tree.

But I don't think they will spend time on re-designing now when they are working on a new GUI, and the advanced setup tree as it looks today might be replaced with something that looks different in the new GUI design where the settings for advanced users are located. We'll see.

Edited by SweX

Description: Add an option to Internet Banking 

Detail: I would like to be added to the new version of ESET SS, additional protection in the hour that we perform banking transactions, which when entering these sites, we had an additional protection, such as the keyboard, a portfolio to add passwords, etc. .. 

Description: A new interface (urgent) 

Detail: I miss a modern interface for ESET, year in and out and the interface remains virtually the same, I'd love to see a new interface 

Description: Scanning Options 

Detail: I would really like scanning options were clearer: quick scan, full scan, custom scan, scan at boot options in my opinion this version are very incomplete and for people with less knowledge may hinder 

Description: Option to completely exit the ESET 

Detail: I have an option to exit the software, not just pause protection in 1 hour eg 

Description: Sandbox 

Detail: An option for virtualization programs 

Description: Option to detect the malware to exclude him. 

Detail: I believe that does not have this option yet, if you ignore, to detect some malicious item that has the potential to exclude direct, not send to Quarantine, it loses a lot of time and bother sometimes 

When it releases a new version with these new? 

I hope these tips can be added, I'm sorry miss them and some colleagues tambémque use ESET. Thank you

It seems i always have to reply to this stuff because it drives me crazy.

IT would behoove future onlookers to take a look and read through these articles :

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2654-financial-malwarebanking-mode/?hl=%20kaspersky%20%20safe%20%20money

ESET already protects you during banking and the safe money and banking junk thrown in other programs are a false sense of protection:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/51-future-changes-to-eset-smart-security/page-6#entry10746

Interface really has nothing to do with security, and ease of usage is the best kind of interface regardless of what changes are made and across what span of time.

However i agree every once in a while changing it up a little and adding a few nice images helps keep it interesting. :)

I don't understand what is so complicated about Smart scan(its smart because it skips files that have already been scanned before and have not changed since last scan) In-depth (it is exactly that a very detailed long and thorough scan)

I think the other programs that have quick and full are misleading and their quick scans could contain less files and less areas, which is not very helpful when you are hunting for malware. I'm sorry but you cant be quick about removing malware and expect to be clean. PERIOD.

I agree highly that a sandbox feature would be rather useful, however i use sandboxie already. :lol:

ESET already has exclusions options on detections. Just not web, its either disconnect or not. You get exclusions when its on a disk level and where its possible to exclude. Web exclusions can be in the form of domain or IP already in the advanced setup of ESET.

Thanks for reading, i hope i helped with understanding this stuff :rolleyes:

Edited by Arakasi

Add an option to Internet Banking

If you want to an on-screen-keybord just enter "osk.exe" in the start menu (Windows 7) or in the box that appears if you press Windows key+R.

And there are many other programs for saving passwords in a password safe.

Option to completely exit the ESET

Why you should do something? Actually you can pause the protection until the next restart.

Sandbox

This was already suggested.

Option to detect the malware to exclude him.

You can already exclude files or folders in the options.

Edited by rugk

• Administrators

Detail: I would really like scanning options were clearer: quick scan, full scan, custom scan, scan at boot options in my opinion this version are very incomplete and for people with less knowledge may hinder.

It's already there - quick scan of all drives = Smart scan. Quick scan of the stuff loaded in memory = startup scan or selecting Operating memory as a target in the on-demand scanner setup. Boot scan = startup scan. Custom scan=custom scan.

Description: Add an option to Internet Banking 
Detail: I would like to be added to the new version of ESET SS, additional protection in the hour that we perform banking transactions, which when entering these sites, we had an additional protection, such as the keyboard, a portfolio to add passwords, etc. .. 

Description: A new interface (urgent) 
Detail: I miss a modern interface for ESET, year in and out and the interface remains virtually the same, I'd love to see a new interface 

Detail: I would really like scanning options were clearer: quick scan, full scan, custom scan, scan at boot options in my opinion this version are very incomplete and for people with less knowledge may hinder 

Description: Option to completely exit the ESET 
Detail: I have an option to exit the software, not just pause protection in 1 hour eg 

Description: Sandbox 
Detail: An option for virtualization programs 

Description: Option to detect the malware to exclude him. 
Detail: I believe that does not have this option yet, if you ignore, to detect some malicious item that has the potential to exclude direct, not send to Quarantine, it loses a lot of time and bother sometimes 

When it releases a new version with these new? 

I hope these tips can be added, I'm sorry miss them and some colleagues tambémque use ESET. Thank you

Good morning,

IMO.........

If your computer is clean for keyloggers, (and any other type of malware) and your browser is not hi-jacked in some way, and you connect to the bank via HTTPs the so called "banking mode" is redundant.

I agree even if I have no use for it a Sandbox can be useful.

A new GUI is already in the works.

Exiting=shutting down the whole program sounds too dangerous, people can easily forget to turn it on in time before something  tries to sneak in.

Regarding the different scanning "modes" its already quite clear what they do.

Exclusions can already be made very easily in the program.

eset corp this ideas are for eset 8 the strongest and most powerful anti virus 

Enhanced Malware protection

Enhanced  anti stealh tecnology 

Enhanced super anti rootkit  protection and detection 

Enhanced  inteligent firewall anti bypass 

Enhanced  ultimate detection incriptions for extreme higt detection for any virus bot rootkit malwre  adware or program incripted and hide will be detected 

Enhanced memory protection 

Enhanced  hardrive protection

Enhanced  motherboard protection

Enhanced  hips full protection and detection for any manipulation 

Enhanced super anti spam protection and prevention and detection (in real time)

Enhanced  new powerfull intrution prevention detection =detect all ataks in real time 

Enhanced  secction to scan only rootkit or super rootkit 

Enhanced  super pro anti spyware  super detection

Enhanced  super self defense  block all hakers 

Enhanced  super  exploid bloker 

Enhanced  SSL 

Enhanced  anti keyloger 

Enhanced  anti all spy methos 

Enhanced  anti brute force network 

Enhanced  real time network detection 

low inpact memory and cpu 

new desing more profecional 

new foresic inpector  analise all programs and registry hidden running and instale 

Enhanced  file protection

Enhanced  document protection

Enhanced  web protection

Enhanced  super scan 

ect 

• Administrators

eset corp this ideas are for eset 8 the strongest and most powerful anti virus 

Enhanced Malware protection

Enhanced  anti stealh tecnology 

Enhanced super anti rootkit  protection and detection 

Enhanced  inteligent firewall anti bypass 

Enhanced  ultimate detection incriptions for extreme higt detection for any virus bot rootkit malwre  adware or program incripted and hide will be detected 

Enhanced memory protection 

Enhanced  motherboard protection

Enhanced  hips full protection and detection for any manipulation 

Enhanced super anti spam protection and prevention and detection (in real time)

Enhanced  new powerfull intrution prevention detection =detect all ataks in real time 

Enhanced  secction to scan only rootkit or super rootkit 

Enhanced  super pro anti spyware  super detection

Enhanced  super self defense  block all hakers 

Enhanced  super  exploid bloker 

Enhanced  SSL 

Enhanced  anti keyloger 

Enhanced  anti all spy methos 

Enhanced  anti brute force network 

Enhanced  real time network detection 

low inpact memory and cpu 

new desing more profecional 

new foresic inpector  analise all programs and registry hidden running and instale 

Enhanced  file protection

Enhanced  document protection

Enhanced  web protection

Enhanced  super scan 

ect 

Enhanced  motherboard protection ??? Protection against dust or what? I understand we shouldn't take everything seriously and make fun from time to time but please be serious when posting suggestions as this is not the right place for fun.