• Administrators

And Why.:Right now, you have the option to reset settings back in Default , inside the advanced option window(F5). But it has no effect, on scheduler . Besides that, if a eset user choose to be very creative in the scheduler, and have not create a xml file, .......or are able to set the tasks in scheduler back to the original, then would a Deafault option help.

Scheduled tasks can be reverted to default ones for business products by means of ERA. Perhaps the reason why this button is not present is that home users would be able to install a product from scratch easily :)

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

My suggestion is about the "Events" section under "Tools > Log files". Always any VSD update is logged. Currently only module updates are logged if they occurred at a time when only a module update happens with no VSD update. I would like to always see in the event logs an item every time a module is updated. This would alert the user and negate having to always bring up the "About" screen to check all of the dates of each individual module to see if an update has occurred. I believe this would both be very beneficial to the user and simplify things for him/her. An option under "Advanced setup" whether to display this or not would be good or you could have this displayed by default. I think an option under "Advanced setup" would be the best answer. Thanks for considering this.

Edited by puff-m-d

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

It would be great if you were able to not just activate a new license from the GUI as you can mow but also be able to add a new activation code to your existing license from within the GUI in order to extend your subscription. Several vendor have this feature or a feature where you can manage your licenses on the web. Just one example would be Bitdefender where as you add another license it adds it to your current subscription. For myself at least, If I am activating another license from within the GUI, it would be to extend my subscription, not start a new one. Over a the years , I have seen many have to contact support because they had renewed early and lost time on their subscription. The logical way (for me at least) would be it checked and if you had an active license it added to it and then if not, of course it would just start a new subscription. Also, maybe just on the web, where you check the social media scanner and anti-theft, you could have the ability to manage your licenses and combine it you wish. Other vendors do ir quite successfully and this would be a good improvement and convenience for your customers. It also should help with support issues when someone renews too early and loses time on their subscription. Thanks for considering this idea...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello joffy,

Thanks for your suggestion, however i would like to inform you that things such as Safe Money or E-Wallet etc from certain companies are truly just marketing tactics.

Attached i have introduced the link for Safe Money. PDF/Whitepaper

It consists of 3 key components. I will be giving ESET's version. Kaspersky's is in the whitepaper.

Trusted Sites -  ESET is the #1 protector of Phishing sites achieving the highest rating in anti-phishing amongst all other vendors. ESET wins

Kaspersky Labs was in a very close second place. The URL's are also checked against a database as well using ESET's LiveGrid with ThreatSense.

Trusted Connection - ESET also verifies certificate validity. At least with ESET, if the cert cannot be verified you can set the feature to Ask ? Or Block communication based on certificate corrupt, invalid, or expired.

ESET also has the option of scanning SSL traffic, that way when the data has arrived on your machine and unpacked for you to see, it is scanned right away for validity.

Trusted Environment - Kasperksy states it initiates a quick scan of your machine to look for threats. This is more for peace of mind, if you had something, real-time defense would have caught it already.

Launching a new popup window to begin your financial browsing really is a nice tactic to let you know you are protected. You are essentially using the same shell again, with all the same browser add-ins and protocol checking. Virtual keyboards have always been a favorite of mine. I wouldn't mind seeing an ESET virtual keyboard, however windows has a virtual keyboard already. :)

Secure Keyboard is obviously a driver that is encrypting your keystrokes. I am not sure how needed this is, when memory resident keyloggers would be caught by memory scanners, and or rootkit services running key processing would be caught by the respective modules for those as well etc.

There truly can be mixed feelings about this, regarding peace of mind, which is clearly what Kaspersky is aiming for in this endeavor. However know this, you are just as safe browsing with ESET installed, and Kaspersky has more then likely had all this protection resident before adding the Safe Money. :D

Thanks for reading and i hope future onlookers benefit from this little collective.

Cheers~

• 3 weeks later...

From my short time exploring version 7 I have the following suggestions:

1) In HIPS rules configuration, add Del key functionality just like in firewall section.

2) In firewall rules configuration, allow selection of multiple rules just like it works in HIPS section.

3) Let the users customize logging for both of the above features so that for example allowed events can be hidden. Currently, the only setting I can find is to hide blocked events, which is fine, but there really is no customization possibility at all.

4) Make log window save it's position, size, and columns. Ideally, also make this save into the configuration file when exporting settings. (this apparently applies to all windows)

4a) Better copy/paste functionality in the log, for example the ability to copy the contents of one "cell". This would be very useful for firewall log if I wanted to quickly grab an IP address

Edited by Octopuss

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Would it be feasible to add www.welivesecurity.com to the Help and Support > Additional information, section of the home versions GUI? Nod32 as well.

I like to visit and read all the time; as a follower its apparent for me but, for new comers, it might not.

Would build security awareness and traffic to the site. ;)

Thanks

Description: Notify user of third party security updates
Detail:Currently eset notifies the user to missing windows updates. I would like Eset to extend this to third party products such as but not limited to java,flash player,adobe reader etc.

• 2 weeks later...

1.please improve network activity. I want to show traffic diagram (network monitor) exactly and show the details for more times for example: (this year.this week...)

2. improve running programe. show more details for example ram , cpu and hard disk uses. kill prosess Button for some task that we cant end it manually with task manager

3. sandbox

4.better HIPS

5. better interface

6. safe banking

Edited by mrk74

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get a keyboard combination to Gamer Mode, so I could easily enable/disable when necessary without going all the way through ESET settings window, or maybe a Gamer Mode option integrated to ESET tray icon.

Hi,

Please don't BLOAT this program like avast did.  That's why I switched from avast to Eset.

Just one small thing I would LOVE to see is the option to update the program thru the tray icon

instead of having to do through the GUI,

~Verne~

I hope Eset can make the system restore a lot easier in the future. Recently my system has a minor problem and I wish to do a system restore to fix it. However I failed to do so due to the Eset prevents the Registry to be changed or edited. The good thing is Eset has done its job by protecting the Registry for being changed or edited. The bad thing is there may have some exception cases like me that wish to preform a system restore but it is prohibited by Eset. Therefore I felt a little inconvenience with this. Maybe Eset can do something to improve it, like creating its own restore point? Well, this is just my opinion only,

Edited by Weng

Hello,

Please, not a tool for "safe banking"...Why?

Too browser to cover, and many merchant site does not work properly with this kind of tool. This brings more trouble than benefit.

In addition, this more like "artifice" as a real protection.

If you do not want to become a heavy ESET software and "trouble" as many of these competitors, should not it falls into the race equipment feature, which could jeopardize its stability .

It is only my opinion, but ESS, should remain the light, simple to use, and without unnecessary artifice ... This is already differentiated from the competition.

HIPS is already a model of flexibility and configurability, which do you need more?

Regards;

Vigen.

ESET Metro Smart Security [uI Concept] By Darren Barlow

I think My POST COUNT is very less thats why i can't Post Images, So i Posted the Link

Its a fork of Kaspersky internet security 2015 gui??? :D

More seriously, The current interface seems to me fairly complete, and all the functions and activities are visible, why would absolutely transform the candy store software for Win 8?

All users of ESET products are not all need to do in Win 8, the current interface seems a good compromise between the various operating system yet supported.

If Eset chose a "Metro" interface, then it would, like all these competitors, therefore, difficult to stand out.

Edited by VigenTests

Not really interested in that, not the first metro design to show up here.

I hope ESET doesn't go down that road.

Microsoft is working everyday to take away the metro C### it started to add. Look at 8.1 Update. Every app now has a minimize and (X)Close button at the top right. LOL

Microsoft has done nothing but take away the changes it started when it first released Windows 8, because people hate that and want it to be more like Windows 7.

Edited by Arakasi

Hello,

I would like a full resolution of DNS names ... Not 173.194.40.100 , but:  www.Google.com ^ ^

Otherwise, the "name resolution" option in the network part have no meaning ....

Regards;

Vigen.

Edited by VigenTests

Not really interested in that, not the first metro design to show up here.

I hope ESET doesn't go down that road.

Same here, and I don't think we have to worry about ESET taking the wrong route over a cliff.

Especially when we know that a new GUI is in the works as we speak, even if not everyone will like the new GUI when they see it it's still a new GUI as some people say the current one looks outdated. Though it's not really outdated, it's simply what an easy to use GUI can look like non-metro style.

Microsoft is working everyday to take away the metro C### it started to add. Look at 8.1 Update. Every app now has a minimize and (X)Close button at the top right. LOL

Microsoft has done nothing but take away the changes it started when it first released Windows 8, because people hate that and want it to be more like Windows 7.

hxxp://www.myce.com/news/wzor-leaks-info-about-windows-8-2-windows-9-and-cloud-based-os-71232/

Yes so it seems, MS is moving away from the Metro style more and more wich is great news for all Win users that use Win on non-touch devices/displays.

Edited by SweX

Enhanced Running processes tool

User could check only reputation and file info.
I hope that user can stop every untrusted process running with a single click in Running processes tool
and also add Autorun Analyzer.

Enhanced Running processes tool

User could check only reputation and file info.

I hope that user can stop every untrusted process running with a single click in Running processes tool

and also add Autorun Analyzer.

;)

Descirption: Disable the default Windows Update notification after the install of ESET

Details: We all know that most people around the world use pirate versions of Windows. And they activate them with activator and disable the system updates. If they wanted to update the system they would not wait ESET to tell them to.

That is. I have been using ESET for years. And for me  the most important thing is that it does not slow down my computer. Keep it up like that ESET.

Regards

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Please see theTray menu options poll message thread for a discussion of options available via the icon in the system notification tray area.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hi,

Please don't BLOAT this program like avast did.  That's why I switched from avast to Eset.

Just one small thing I would LOVE to see is the option to update the program thru the tray icon

instead of having to do through the GUI,

~Verne~