Tray menu options poll

Tray menu options poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the the tray menu options do you access most often?

• Home
    • Statistics
    • Block network
    • Temporarily disable protection
    • Temporarily disable firewall
    • Advanced setup
    • Log files
    • Open ESET Smart Security
    • Reset window layout
    • About
  2. 2. Which of the the tray menu options do you access rarely or never and find them not useful?

• Home
    • Statistics
    • Block network
    • Temporarily disable protection
    • Temporarily disable firewall
    • Advanced setup
    • Log files
    • Open ESET Smart Security
    • Reset window layout
    • About
  3. 3. What option do you find useful and would like to add it to the tray menu?

• Update now
    • Quick scan (equivalent to a complete startup scan)
    • Other (specify in a post)

• Administrators

Dear users,
in order to improve our products and to tailor them better to your needs, we've prepared a short survey to find out which of the tray menu options (displayed after clicking the ESET's icon in the tray menu by the clock) you use most and what options you would like to be added to make performing frequent tasks quicker.

Best regards,

your ESET team

Thank you Marcos for this poll.

I have selected Update now as the feature to add in the tray menu. due to the recently high demand.

I would most likely use the feature myself if i missed a visual on automatic update during start-up or if the program failed in updating.

Hey.....

Thanks Eset for this poll....... It is very positive, and most of all, a nice supplement to the way that we normally communicate on this forum. And it gives a good feeling of a shorter distance between us, the users, and Eset.

Regards Janus

Hi.  This is a nice poll.  Thanks for asking for our input.

For the last question, I voted to add "update now" to the tray menu options.  I also want to recommend the addition of a "view last pop up message" option to the tray menu.  I have another av product that offers this via their tray icon and I do find it useful.  I know that I can view actions that result in a pop up using ESET's various log files, but it would be nice to be able to quickly view the last pop up message with a simple click or two.  There have been times using ESET and other security products when I have missed whatever the pop up message said and it is helpful to be able to very quickly bring it back up.

What is your limit on adding items to the tray menu?  I have a vision of that thing being really long.   :)

"Home" at the top in "frequently used" is probably frequently used since when you click  "Open ESET Smart Security"....the Home/Start of the GUI is where we end up. So these two have the same function. And personally I only use "Open ESET...." out of the two since it is further down in the menu.

And as others have pointed out the "Activate your product..." option is indeed missing. But FWIW I would have voted that I "rarely or never" use that option.  ;)

And great idea having a poll like this, thanks ESET!

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

What is your limit on adding items to the tray menu?

The list of options is already quite long so most likely we won't add more options but rather replace a rarely used one with something more frequently used.

And as others have pointed out the "Activate your product..." option is indeed missing.

That's because I thought nobody uses this option more than once. I didn't expect anybody to vote they use it on a regular basis :)

And as others have pointed out the "Activate your product..." option is indeed missing.

That's because I thought nobody uses this option more than once. I didn't expect anybody to vote they use it on a regular basis :)

I see, I just thought it could have been included in the second poll where we vote for "rarely or never" used menu options. Then it would probably have been the clear "winner" I think.  :D

Edited by SweX

I see, I just thought it could have been included in the second poll where we vote for "rarely or never" used menu options. Then it would probably have been the clear "winner" I think.  :D

LOL :lol:

You betcha!

I wouldn't mind seeing "Gamer Mode" on the menu. :)

That would be kind of cool, however ESET already offers automatic Gamer mode, which causes me not to have to look at it or adjust at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Gamer Mode" on the menu. :)

That would be kind of cool, however ESET already offers automatic Gamer mode, which causes me not to have to look at it or adjust at all.

Yours must work differently than mine. My installation of ESET has a bad habit of engaging "Gamer Mode" when I'm not playing a game and I don't really want to deactivate notifications. This is why I prefer to switch the mode on or off manually, so yeah there's that. But you are right that automatic mode is offered... :P

Afaik it doesn't need to be a Game to get activated, it get's activated automatically when you use a "full screen" application I believe.  :unsure:

Afaik it doesn't need to be a Game to get activated, it get's activated automatically when you use a "full screen" application I believe.  :unsure:

Swex is right.

The trigger is any full screen application.

So its not a bad habit or design / coding flaw, but intentional..... and i LIKE IT ! Even if it does it on a movie.

I dont want to be bothered by an update pop up during my movies, as much as my games. :)

• Most Valued Members

Thanks for the survey.

As said before "Home" and "Open ESET Smart Security" takes me to same place, a duplicate if you will.

The "Frequently Used" label mislead me at first, I thought it would change the more I used the different items on the menu. Perhaps those words could be eliminated to reduce the size of the menu. "Home" could be replaced by "Open Eset Smart Security".

"Reset Windows Layout" - I thought this item was added when there was a sizing problem that existed some time in the past. Are people still having an issue with the window sizing? If so and it is minimal why not put this on the "Home" page opening another slot on the system tray menu?

My most wished for item would be "Update Now".

Dear users,

in order to improve our products and to tailor them better to your needs, we've prepared a short survey to find out which of the tray menu options (displayed after clicking the ESET's icon in the tray menu by the clock) you use most and what options you would like to be added to make performing frequent tasks quicker.

Best regards,

your ESET team

Wow, I'm quite new and have just bought a license,

but it is really refreshing to see that the developers actually care about the usabillity of the

product and that they do ask their users. After disappointing experiences with other AV companies

with their bloated products, poor user interfaces, and their contempt shown for their users (as in "we do not care about

what our users want, just buy our product and STFU") this makes me quite hopeful that I have finally found a vendor different

from the others (as in "we do care about our users") ;)

Dear users,

Best regards,

your ESET team

this makes me quite hopeful that I have finally found a vendor different from the others (as in "we do care about our users") ;)

You got that part right on the spot  :)

Edited by SweX

Yes Raynor.

Welcome.

While not explosively broadcasted, their secret little environment is turning heads left and right.

ESET is what you would normally call a "Great Company", and its not just saying plainly, what a great company.

It actually is !

• 2 weeks later...

Having "Activate your Product" in the tray menu would be waste of time and space as once you do it its done.

IMO "Update" is the most important option missing, it was in previous build and later added to a build it was not in so its a good option.

• 2 weeks later...

Having "Activate your Product" in the tray menu would be waste of time and space as once you do it its done.

IMO "Update" is the most important option missing, it was in previous build and later added to a build it was not in so its a good option.

I agree update needs to be added. However,

"Activate your Product" , regarding your "once you do it its done". What about renewals ? :)

• Most Valued Members

I agree update needs to be added. However,

"Activate your Product" , regarding your "once you do it its done". What about renewals ? :)

I've never had to activate a renewal.

I have. More then i can count on my hand.
You install and activate the 30 day trial.
Then you recieve a username and password after you buy.

Then this feature is used.

I am an authorized distributor so i see it more SCR.

Edited by Arakasi