Issues, Ideas & Feedback for ESET Cyber Security & ESET Cyber Security Pro

• Most Valued Members

Great thread and KUDOS to @planet and all others participating here. What are still the main (crull pit) issue with release 6.1.12.0 of ECSP for Mac? My ECSP 5.0.115.0 is working perfect, except for the shutdown lag.

Cheers

I constantly edit the first post of this topic as much as possible with what's been fixed, new issues I've noticed and more - along with when it was last updated and versions of OS X and ECSP:)

• 3 weeks later...

I am unable to start a custom scan on my OS X El Capitan... Plus when I see some kind of phantom drive in the list of drives where the checkboxes are... 

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to see the ability to use wildcards for the application path in the firewall. Anyone who has had to deal with Google's ridiculous update service (ksfetch) will know why.

I would love to see this addition to future versions!

• 3 weeks later...

Slow system shutdown seems to be fixed on 6.1.12.0. However system sleep (Alt-Cmd-Eject) now seems to take forever!? So one thing solved, but gaining a new issue. Can anybody confirm this?

• ESET Insiders

@planet

Could you please share with us what OS X version the above mentioned ECSP 6.1.12.0 issues have been resolved; OSX 10.10 or OSX 10.11? I can't seem to find that in your revolve-log.

Cheers

• Most Valued Members

@planet

Could you please share with us what OS X version the above mentioned ECSP 6.1.12.0 issues have been resolved; OSX 10.10 or OSX 10.11? I can't seem to find that in your revolve-log.

Cheers

Good point - I will add this now. Most issues that have been resolved are on 10.11.x, due to both ESET and Apple fixing bugs/issues (like the iCloud Drive/Mail issue).

• ESET Insiders

@planet

Cheers

Good point - I will add this now. Most issues that have been resolved are on 10.11.x, due to both ESET and Apple fixing bugs/issues (like the iCloud Drive/Mail issue).

Thanks for updating your resolve-log @planet! Seems the only route is to upgrade to OS X 10.10.x El Capitan YET! But, I would like to urge ESET to resolve these issues for OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite too, as I don't want to be forced to upgrade to an OS X version, in which a lot of my programs won't play well! Thanks in advance ESET for addressing these issues.

Cheers 

Edited by BDMSTUDIOS

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Please make some improvements to the GUI of the macOS version. It looks way outdated compared to the Internet Security version 10. Windows version looks really awesome and easy to use. The OS X version on the other hand looks as if it belongs to OSX Mavericks. The GUI can be a little awkward sometimes.

Thanks.

Hi again,

A dedicated HIPS module which can be trained and then used in Interactive mode (along with the ability to view and edit the Rules) in the Cyber Security/Pro will definitely be awesome. Firewall module will really shine if you can add a learning mode for the initial setup.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

By using often a setting I realized it will great to add something to it.

I am talking about "Blocked URL" from "Web Access Protection".

Will it be possible to add a program which checks if an URL is already blocked?
I found out that if you typed twice the same URL, it is still added to the list.
Having many ones now, it getting difficult to manage them.

Regards

B.

588d087eb9f62_ScreenShot2017-01-28at22_03_38.thumb.jpg.e14056014255160d36dc8a7810bea721.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 2/2/2017 at 7:12 PM, Bruno said:

By using often a setting I realized it will great to add something to it.

I am talking about "Blocked URL" from "Web Access Protection".

Will it be possible to add a program which checks if an URL is already blocked?
I found out that if you typed twice the same URL, it is still added to the list.
Having many ones now, it getting difficult to manage them.

Regards

B.

588d087eb9f62_ScreenShot2017-01-28at22_03_38.thumb.jpg.e14056014255160d36dc8a7810bea721.jpg

All those url's are on my WHITE list! :D

On topic: good question and suggestion!

• 10 months later...

Hi All!

Recently I got a new MacBook Pro (15, Retina, 2018), and configured it to macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Then I tried to install Cyber Security Pro. It was installed successfully, but when I continued to install other apps, I find that with Cyber Security Pro, the settings in

System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility was affected by the program.

When I try to install some other apps that require access to Accessibility features, say CleanMyMac or Chrome or DuetDisplay, a window asking for accessing Accessibility features pops up and directs me to this window. But then I could not add that app to allowed applications. (see pic-1)

It took me some time to figure out that it was caused by ESET, by finally uninstalling Cyber Security Pro. I could see all apps that require accessibility again. (see pic-2).

Then I did several tests:

• I tried manually add an app there, it does not work
  • I tried disabling firewall, the issue persists.
  • I tried Cyber Security, it does not cause this issue.
  • I tried reinstalling Cyber Security Pro after uninstalling Cyber Security, the issue was gone before restart. But after one reboot the problem reemerged.
  • Cyber Security Pro is always on my late 2013 MBP running Mojave, the problem does not happen.
  • Cyber Security Pro is on another friends' 2017 MBP, no issue.

Thus I doubt it is Cyber Security Pro that is causing the problem on my device. This is a strange problem, I just wonder if someone else has seen the problem and possibly provide some solutions to it?

Thank you all very much!

pic-1.png

pic-2.png

• 3 months later...

If you use AirDrop to pass files, ESET Cyber Security Pro's network blocking feature will be quite annoying and there is a chance that Aridrop will not be available..

Edited by Shompinice

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The settings for the Threatsense Engine on my Macbook running OS Mojave occasionally reset such that the maximum file size for scans is 0 bytes (!). This would seem to very seriously compromise the utility of the sotware. This appears to occasionally happens spontaneously and generally happens after any version update. The installation I use is always typical.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please add the functionality to scan new files only. In my case I don't require eset scanning all the time.

Scan settings for Real-time file protection have 3 scan-on possibilities currently: File open, File creation, File Execution. The problem is, that I can't simply disable "File Open" because the  "File creation" functionality does not remember which files have already been scanned by eset and which not. When eset is e.g. disabled and files created, those are not scanned afterwards. I see two different possibilities:

- separate function: Scan only new files. 

- enhance the "File creation" functionality so that missed files will be scanned

For security reason, there could be a function implemented like other vendors did such as: Scan the new files once, then scan those again within a defined time period or n updated signatures, then stop scanning further as long as such remain unchanged. 

Edited by bEeReE

• ESET Insiders

Hi all, @Marcos @Peter Randziak

Is there any ETA known for updating ESET CyberSecurity Pro for macOS to a new GUI and adding feature update/add-on requests? I have Licenses to update, so in need for a more up-to-date release like the GUI for ESET Smart Security Premium for starters. 

Any information known is appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck
typo