Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

Hi

Suggestion.......: A second Eset Theme, (that you could choose eg. under Advanced settings)

Argumentation : Beside the default color layout of the user interface it would be pleasant to have another Eset color theme layout . I have noticed that it can be a bit strenuous to the eyes to look at the white background especially when I have to navigate around the " Advance settings " . It would be pleasant with a more  calm and damped color combination. 

Regards

Janus 

Hi

Suggestion ...... : Anti-Theft included in NOD32

Argumentation : I know that the Anti theft feature/service is a selling point for some of your top tier products, but i truly think that you will gain more in sales figures and goodwill if you let the " Anti Theft " feature be something that is incorporated in all of your products. Furthermore it will introduce a feature/service, for a product line like Nod32, that no other, for a similar product, will be able to offer for their users/potential customers as to my knowledge.  

Regards

Janus 

• 8 months later...

Description: About Proxy
Detail: It seems like ESET NOD32 Antivirus only support HTTP proxy in the configuration. Could you add a support for SOCKS5 proxy?  HTTP proxy is limited in my situation and Update ofen fails with "Server not found". I know I can use some tools to convert it , but I hope it more convenient XD.

• 4 months later...

Hello

I have a doubt.

I have bought a eset nod32 antivrus yesterday from amazon.in but it is the model of 2016 how can I get the latest version using that licence key.I haven't installed it yet.☺

Pls help me.

Thanks

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Prince said:

I have bought a eset nod32 antivrus yesterday from amazon.in but it is the model of 2016 how can I get the latest version using that licence key.I haven't installed it yet.☺

Please do not post in this topic intended for suggestions for future versions. Instead create a new topic in the ESET NOD32 Antivirus forum or whichever product you have.

• 1 month later...

Hi Marcos,

I suggested to ESET in the past to give us an easier way of whitelisting by allowing us to multi select folders/apps in one shot rather than having to do it one at a time but they never replied to me or implemented it in the latest NOD32.

See how easy it is to add items to the exclusion with checkbox multi selection method. this is just on example of many AVs out there which allow that

2018-12-10_041833.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Exclusions should be used with utter care and used only to resolve specific issues that could not be solved other way with the assistance of customer care. Each exclusion creates a security hole since excluded paths will never be scanned by ESET and possible malware won't be detected even if was otherwise detected and blocked.

11 hours ago, Marcos said:

Exclusions should be used with utter care and used only to resolve specific issues that could not be solved other way with the assistance of customer care. Each exclusion creates a security hole since excluded paths will never be scanned by ESET and possible malware won't be detected even if was otherwise detected and blocked.

Exclusions are a function in your product. Those possibles security holes are already there.   So, why not improve the way exclusions are done like above?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, ISHOULI said:

Details : An anti Dialer Integration To The Current Security Package Would Be Awesome

We are in 2019 when dialers have virtually already died out.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, leowun said:

In eset add vpn ever? Kaspersky has his own, although I don’t like Kaspersky

There are currently no such plans.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, leowun said:

In eset add vpn ever? Kaspersky has his own, although I don’t like Kaspersky

Use ProtonVPN , it's good.

I prefer the AV not to throw me an VPN like Kaspersky does.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Please add an option to enable/disable an exception - meaning we will be able to add it *once* to the list and then either enable or disable it per need. Today we need to add it or delete it, which is not convenient.

This way it will be part of the config - just either active or not, ready for re-use if needed, when needed.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Add READ/OPEN file operation to HIPS rules.
I am far more concerned about something reading my files than writing them.
Backups are there to handle writing problems, but reading well thats where all my secrets are!

I saw this and was excited i could finally have this, (back when i was on linux i coded my own solution using fanotify but its a bit more annoying with windows and filesystem filter drivers or w/e) and was then sadly dissapointed.

I would just like a way to intercept file open / read events and approve them on a per case basis on certain files,
like say my password vault, ssh keys and whatnot.

image.png.cf6b18ad01b0c96cdae2405d61abec53.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Foobar said:

I would just like a way to intercept file open / read events and approve them on a per case basis on certain files,

Unfortunately HIPS does not support file open/read operations mainly due to performance reasons. In order to protect folders from viewing by unauthorized persons, consider using a folder encryption software.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately HIPS does not support file open/read operations mainly due to performance reasons. In order to protect folders from viewing by unauthorized persons, consider using a folder encryption software.

Thats unfortunate to hear. Wouldn't it only effect performance if it were matching a lot of read rules?
If so that would mostly be the users fault for just straight up setting it on everything.
Perhaps a open rather than a read rule would be better performant?

Folder encryption is a bit meh, my file vault and ssh keys are encrypted anyway. Won't stop a keylogger that i don't know is there, while something attempting to access my files and me getting a notification for it would be a clear giveaway that something is amiss, even on top of encryption.

Edited by Foobar

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Thats unfortunate to hear. Wouldn't it only effect performance if it were matching a lot of read rules?

No, it's monitoring itself which would cause performance overhead regardless of rules created.

• 4 months later...

Description: Add advanced setting to be able to freely set the maximum size/used space of removable media that can trigger the automatic scan.
Detail: The purpose is to prevent full scans of large removable media drives such as cased external drives but still have the functionallity to trigger full automatic scans for smaller drives such as USB sticks.

Although there is some risk with limitations, my proposal is mostly related to performance than security. But it could also be a motivation to use automatic scanning for removable media as it provides better control over the function.

Edited by Ensto

• 5 months later...

I would like to suggest the following changes if possible to make in NOD 32:

1. Sorry if my opinion is wrong in any way but why don't we put an option for complete system scan with in-depth scan choosing option on first hand in outer dashboard without going into the custom scan and choose for in-depth scan. Please kindly make a not that this way  beginner user can run scan easily and cut down the steps to do so. This changes can, I think will make our ESET more user friendly. 

• 1 year later...

@Marcos @Aryeh Goretsky

Again, I am posting the request of  disabling of the status/notification of "Missing Support for Azure Code Signing". Please give the end users the option. 

https://forum.eset.com/topic/37708-allow-disabling-of-status-missing-support-for-azure-code-signing/

This was suggested by @itman

Edited by whitefern

• ESET Moderators
22 hours ago, whitefern said:

@Marcos @Aryeh Goretsky

Again, I am posting the request of  disabling of the status/notification of "Missing Support for Azure Code Signing". Please give the end users the option. 

https://forum.eset.com/topic/37708-allow-disabling-of-status-missing-support-for-azure-code-signing/

This was suggested by @itman

Hello,

As I believe my colleague Marcos noted, this is already available in the business versions of the software.  If you need that functionality for your organization, I would suggest reaching out to your local ESET office, distributor, or VAR, and see if you can migrate from a home to a business version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3 hours ago, Aryeh Goretsky said:

Hello,

As I believe my colleague Marcos noted, this is already available in the business versions of the software.  If you need that functionality for your organization, I would suggest reaching out to your local ESET office, distributor, or VAR, and see if you can migrate from a home to a business version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

@Aryeh Goretsky

Thank you for your reply. But that is not a acceptable answer.

Why should I upgrade to "business" version when home is also a "business" product?

It is not just me who needs it. It is everyone who needs it. 

The disabling of notifications/status is a little stupid. Don't you think??

You allow disabling of notifications/status of LICENSING which is a crucial part of the software. But you won't allow disabling the notifications/status of "Missing Support for Azure Code Signing", is just annoying and stupid. And calling it "Business"  only option is not acceptable. 

Please provide this options for the users in the next update. 

• ESET Moderators
On 9/27/2023 at 6:47 PM, whitefern said:

@Aryeh Goretsky

Thank you for your reply. But that is not a acceptable answer.

Why should I upgrade to "business" version when home is also a "business" product?

It is not just me who needs it. It is everyone who needs it. 

The disabling of notifications/status is a little stupid. Don't you think??

You allow disabling of notifications/status of LICENSING which is a crucial part of the software. But you won't allow disabling the notifications/status of "Missing Support for Azure Code Signing", is just annoying and stupid. And calling it "Business"  only option is not acceptable. 

Please provide this options for the users in the next update. 

Hello,

Consumer versions of the ESET's software are offered to small businesses with low seat counts because it is unlikely a business with 1-10 PCs has a full-time IT staff to manage an ESET PROTECT server.  For that matter, they may not even have an Active Directory/Entra domain and WSUS servers; the entire network may consist of just a workgroup of PCs running Home or Pro editions of Windows, with one PC or a NAS providing file and print services.

In this type of small office/home office environment where there is no dedicated information technology (or information security) staff, the operating system updates are handled by Microsoft.  Handing control of this over to Microsoft ensures those PCs are running supported versions of Windows with the latest security patches.  In other words, security is managed in the same way as for home users.

Larger organizations have full time staff to manage PCs, and also make decisions about which versions of Windows at what patch level, and when those machines will receive updates.  The editions of Windows they run are for the enterprise, and the organization has a robust management infrastructure in place to support that.  In other words, they are making very careful decisions about risk, and managing their security to mitigate risk based on those decisions.  That's the environment for which ESET's endpoint programs are intended.

From the program code perspective, there's nothing that technically prevents a consumer version of ESET's software from running in a business environment or a business version of ESET's software from running in a home environment.  Now, there may be licensing requirements that differ, but that is because programs are intended for use in the appropriate market segment.  Enterprise management features are not going to be roadmapped for added to consumer versions.

Now that your comment in the Future Changes to NOD32 thread has been answered, and your reply here in this thread has been replied to, I am going to redirect you back to your own thread on the matter.  

Any further discussion of this matter in this thread will be removed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky