Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

When restarting a Client by sending a restart task, the client is killed without giving the client the chance to save any files. would be great to extend the restart feature with some kind of "choose time after restart will be executed and show a message box".

atm i just create a "run command" task with shutdown /r /t *time* /c "pc will be restarted in x minutes" running under C:\

but maybe it would be a useful feature for other customers.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, schuetzdentalCB said:

When restarting a Client by sending a restart task, the client is killed without giving the client the chance to save any files. would be great to extend the restart feature with some kind of "choose time after restart will be executed and show a message box".

atm i just create a "run command" task with shutdown /r /t *time* /c "pc will be restarted in x minutes" running under C:\

but maybe it would be a useful feature for other customers.

You have posted in a wrong forum. Consumer products cannot be managed by ESET PROTECT, only business products can. I recall this has already been requested.

• ESET Insiders

SUGGESSION for future ESET build developement:

while backin up the ESET settings, the devices names under connected home should also be backed up as it's really frustating to add all of those devices names each & every time we reinstall windows.

Already created a OP regarding this matter over here .

IDK whether any actual dev read here all of the posted suggestion feedbacks or not here in ESET forum, but since I can't find any other place to provide any feedback/suggestion so posting here for the first time as suggested by @Marcosin my earlier linked post I mentioned above. Would appriciate if any dev actually read & reply/acknowledge this here.

Also, we need a moren dark theme based design which respect the system Theme UI to match with all modern apps nowdays that follows the System UI theme. 

Edited by SM03

• 2 months later...
  • ESET Insiders

Description: ESET Sysinspector and High DPI

Detail: I use larger monitor with high DPI enabled. ESET's main GUI is aware of that and looks great with that setting. SysInspector OTOH is not completely  created for high DPI settings and data presented in report looks small (menu items are resized OK). I know that I can use compatibility settings for that executable but those settings usually create blurry interface. It would be nice if application would be modified for high DPI also.

image.thumb.png.a7c170d463dc1f6b24fdd0356624e7e5.png

Here is the same windows when compatibility option is set:

image.thumb.png.8381d1e38b3c9d1ad421db0db9682549.png

I use version 14.0.22.0

Edited by Minimalist
Added information

• ESET Insiders

Description: desktop notification position

Detail: when turning off monitor connected through DisplayPort and then turning it back on ESET's notifications starts showing in the middle of the screen instead of far right down default location. Only way that I found to correct this is to manually change registry values DesktopAlertPosition1 and DesktopAlertPosition2 located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Client.

It would be nice if there was an option to reset notification position from ESET's GUI.

P.S.: I know that this is originally OS/driver/DP specification problem but since it will probably never get resolved that option would be welcomed.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

It would be nice if there was an option to reset notification position from ESET's GUI.

Click ESET's GUI to make it active and press Ctrl+R.

• ESET Insiders
On 4/10/2021 at 8:28 AM, Marcos said:

Click ESET's GUI to make it active and press Ctrl+R.

Unfortunately this didn't help. Notification about successful definitions update is still placed in the middle of the screen.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

Unfortunately this didn't help. Notification about successful definitions update is still placed in the middle of the screen.

I can only recommend opening a support ticket for further troubleshooting then. I've made a test and after pressing Ctrl+R the update notification showcased on its default position. Upon closing gui the position was saved to HKCU\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Client\Placement.

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

I can only recommend opening a support ticket for further troubleshooting then. I've made a test and after pressing Ctrl+R the update notification showcased on its default position. Upon closing gui the position was saved to HKCU\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Client\Placement.

OK I will open a support ticket.

On my system it seems that values desktopalertposistion1 and dekstopalertposition2 located in key
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Client are the one that define where dekstop notification is shown. If I set them to 'ffffffff' it returns to normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Add READ/OPEN file operation to HIPS rules.
I am far more concerned about something reading my files than writing them.
Backups are there to handle writing problems, but reading well thats where all my secrets are!

I saw this and was excited i could finally have this, (back when i was on linux i coded my own solution using fanotify but its a bit more annoying with windows and filesystem filter drivers or w/e) and was then sadly dissapointed.

I would just like a way to intercept file open / read events and approve them on a per case basis on certain files,
like say my password vault, ssh keys and whatnot.

image.png.cf6b18ad01b0c96cdae2405d61abec53.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Foobar said:

I would just like a way to intercept file open / read events and approve them on a per case basis on certain files,

Unfortunately HIPS does not support file open/read operations mainly due to performance reasons. In order to protect folders from viewing by unauthorized persons, consider using a folder encryption software.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately HIPS does not support file open/read operations mainly due to performance reasons. In order to protect folders from viewing by unauthorized persons, consider using a folder encryption software.

Thats unfortunate to hear. Wouldn't it only effect performance if it were matching a lot of read rules?
If so that would mostly be the users fault for just straight up setting it on everything.
Perhaps a open rather than a read rule would be better performant?

Folder encryption is a bit meh, my file vault and ssh keys are encrypted anyway. Won't stop a keylogger that i don't know is there, while something attempting to access my files and me getting a notification for it would be a clear giveaway that something is amiss, even on top of encryption.

Edited by Foobar

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Thats unfortunate to hear. Wouldn't it only effect performance if it were matching a lot of read rules?

No, it's monitoring itself which would cause performance overhead regardless of rules created.

• 5 weeks later...

Idea: Move "More Tools" items into Tools

Reason: Moving "More Tools" items into Tools would simplify the process and make all Tools visible in a single pane. This would be a better way in accessing any of them within a single click without the need of clicking on a button called "More Tools"

Idea: Rename ESET Internet Security to ESET Smart Security

Reason: It would bring about uniformity in product range naming. For example Nod32 AV, ESET Smart Security, ESET Smart Security Premium - In my humble opinion EIS sounds out of place compared to ESS and ESSP

eset.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Description: Allow safe browser without green frame
Detail: Safe browsing for online banking in all browsers is a great feature. However, the green frame seriously impacts the user experience for use cases like photography, thus I disabled it. It looks like other users have the same issue: https://forum.eset.com/topic/27369-green-outline-to-my-webbroswers-and-file-explorer/?do=findComment&comment=129072

Edited by Isar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

rollback malware actions features: it will be extremely useful in case of ransomware.

Firewall IPS and deep packet inspection: to analyze the traffic for malicious packets and prevent crypto miner or transfer personal data to hackers

keylogger protection: that encrypts keystrokes in real time to add additional layer against keyloggers 

screenlogger protection: protection against unauthorized screenshots or screen recording.

remote control sessions to protect users against scammers and social engineering tactics,

By making ESET warn user that application X started remote session and monitoring your PC would like to allow the connection?

If there is suspicious action happened like deleting the user files or installing unknown software or launching app through this connection ESET must ask the user to allow these suspicious actions or not.

And ESET must always shows notification that if the user want to continue this session or disconnect this will help the user to terminate the session at anytime he like.

With every prompt ESET  alert, it should pause the connection to the remote session to allow the user decide not the hacker or scammer choose what he want to prevent scammer from controlling the PC and choose to allow this session

Audio stream monitoring: prevent unauthorized apps from accessing mic

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Ahmeduchiha said:

rollback malware actions features: it will be extremely useful in case of ransomware.

Firewall IPS and deep packet inspection: to analyze the traffic for malicious packets and prevent crypto miner or transfer personal data to hackers

keylogger protection: that encrypts keystrokes in real time to add additional layer against keyloggers 

screenlogger protection: protection against unauthorized screenshots or screen recording.

remote control sessions to protect users against scammers and social engineering tactics,

By making ESET warn user that application X started remote session and monitoring your PC would like to allow the connection?

If there is suspicious action happened like deleting the user files or installing unknown software or launching app through this connection ESET must ask the user to allow these suspicious actions or not.

And ESET must always shows notification that if the user want to continue this session or disconnect this will help the user to terminate the session at anytime he like.

With every prompt ESET  alert, it should pause the connection to the remote session to allow the user decide not the hacker or scammer choose what he want to prevent scammer from controlling the PC and choose to allow this session

Audio stream monitoring: prevent unauthorized apps from accessing mic

If your using secure browser it will warn you if it detects a remote access program but not all the options you mentioned. You simply can close the warning or you would need to find and close the remote access.

I found this as I was using TeamViewer

16 hours ago, peteyt said:

If your using secure browser it will warn you if it detects a remote access program but not all the options you mentioned. You simply can close the warning or you would need to find and close the remote access.

I found this as I was using TeamViewer

Thank you for your reply,

I would like to see these features without secure browser I want it to protect my normal desktop activities without running secure browser.

protecting my personal data 24/7 without any condition to run secure browser or do anything extra.

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, Ahmeduchiha said:

Thank you for your reply,

I would like to see these features without secure browser I want it to protect my normal desktop activities without running secure browser.

protecting my personal data 24/7 without any condition to run secure browser or do anything extra.

While I don't think that is fully available right now if you have Eset set to detect potentially unwanted applications most remote access software will flag up when trying to install due to the fact these can be used maliciously 

• 1 month later...

Description: Add advanced setting to be able to freely set the maximum size/used space of removable media that can trigger the automatic scan.
Detail: The purpose is to prevent full scans of large removable media drives such as cased external drives but still have the functionallity to trigger full automatic scans for smaller drives such as USB sticks.

Although there is some risk with limitations, my proposal is mostly related to performance than security. But it could also be a motivation to use automatic scanning for removable media as it provides better control over the function.

Edited by Ensto

Add real time ESET Cloud detections under Tools

This would help users understand the latest threat volumes detected by ESET Cloud on real time displaying those as GOOD, BAD, currently being verified etc (something similar to Kaspersky)

ef5b043f-0018-4a88-ad21-82088ae64d22.png