Update problem with version 2.0

Guest sasomkd

Guest sasomkd

Hi folks

I'am using Eset Mobile Security 2.0 and everything works fine except the update of virus definitions...When I first install this app downloaded from eset.com everything was fine and the updated was running as it should be...But now it shows that there is updated for virus definition and when I press update I am stuck at updating...My premium license is valid till 31.10.2013...What should I do next to fix this? 

• Administrators

Is there a message displayed on your screen when you tap "Update Threat Database" or simply nothing happens at all?

No it's stucked at Updating...If I leave the phone on that screen nothing happens (once I left it all night) but if I switch to other app and then back to Eset Mobile Security it says update available or up to date... 

Sasomkd,

Sorry you are having troubles.

Would you be able to provide the following:

1. Manufacturor & Model of Phone you are using

2. Version of Android software

3. A list of running applications or installed applications

1.Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

2.Stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWJWB (build date 14.02.2013)

3.Installed apps: PowerAmp Music Player and Yahoo Weather and of course Eset Mobile Security...

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

could you please run the update manually wait for a while (2 minutes should be enough) and than submit customer care form (directly from the application) with reference to this thread for further investigation.

Thank you.

Edited by Peter Randziak
Steps to take updated. I used old ones needed only in Beta version

Hello

I will perform this steps and submit to customer care...I really like this app and I want it to work perfectly like it should...So expect my answer after I try manual update...

Regards to all of you...

Ok that's true but it's been almost two weeks since I report this problem and no solution for the problem has been released...What should we do? Stay unprotected with the latest definition database even we paid for this product? I don't understand...This is not good for the company such as ESET...Please resolve this problem quickly...Thanks in advance 

Are you going to check my license or fix this problem? I don't get it...Look in the posts other users have same problem...Will you check all their licences or solving the problem as fast as you can...People have problems START listen to them...OK?

• ESET Moderators

Hello Sasomkd,

we need your license username or e-mail address in order to track down your customer support request and get logs needed to troubleshoot your issue from them.

We are not interested in your license at all.

I have the updating issue as well.  I was alerted because it said my update 3.1082 is 7 days old.  And after trying the update it has a brief message in a gray box advising to check my conectivity.  Of course my conectivity it fine, so that is not the issue.  Just like the orginal poster I am running the latest Gingerbread, but on a Galaxy S II.  I also generated a customer care form directly from the app before doing this post.  Let me know if you need my email address via private message to expedite this case.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

After installing v2 on my Nexus 7 wi-fi (android 4.3) I have this update problem too.

After pressing update database it says "updating..." but nothing happens.

For the time being I uninstalled v2 and re-installed v1 again.

I see this was already reported 3 weeks ago, but still no information from Eset.

That doesn't sounds good.

If this isn't solved very soon, I will not renew my license anymore.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Martvl,

in case you have this issue too, please submit Customer care form as I described on 20 of August in this thread:

"Please run the update manually wait for a while (2 minutes should be enough) and than submit customer care form (directly from the application) with reference to this thread for further investigation."

P.S.

We haven't received any relevant logs yet, that would have helped us to discover root cause of this issue.

Thank you.

Hello Martvl,

in case you have this issue too, please submit Customer care form as I described on 20 of August in this thread:

"Please run the update manually wait for a while (2 minutes should be enough) and than submit customer care form (directly from the application) with reference to this thread for further investigation."

P.S.

We haven't received any relevant logs yet, that would have helped us to discover root cause of this issue.

Thank you.

Hello Peter,

I just tried manual updating again for about 3 minutes and it only says "updating..."

So I send the customer care form as you asked. I got a message that it was send succesfully.

Your P.S. I don't understand. What do you mean by "We haven't received any relevant logs" ?

I see in thread 11 that other customers followed the same procedure already.

Does that mean that nothing has been done all this weeks?

I never had problems with version 1. Also Smart security 6 on my computer works perfectly.

What I don't like is that after a month this problem isn't solved.

Mart

Edit:

I've got an email back from Eset Netherlands  (Ticked ID 133493), saying that they will answer my question a.s.a.p.

1 hour later again an email from Eset Netherlands (Ticked ID 133500) same text.

This is a bit confusing. So my customer care form was send to Eset Netherlands?

Now I begin to understand why this problem isn't solved yet.

Don't you have a central costumer support?

Edited by Martvl

• ESET Moderators
I've got an email back from Eset Netherlands  (Ticked ID 133493), saying that they will answer my question a.s.a.p.

1 hour later again an email from Eset Netherlands (Ticked ID 133500) same text.

This is a bit confusing. So my customer care form was send to Eset Netherlands?

Now I begin to understand why this problem isn't solved yet.

Don't you have a central costumer support?

Hi Martvl,

Every country has its own customer support, so that our users can communicate with ESET representatives in their native language.

Should a case come up that the local support is not able to solve immediately, it is then escalated internally to support department at the ESET HQ.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

As Peter Randziak asked, I send a customer care form from my device, and referred to the treads of this forum.

Eset Netherlands received it and then the nightmare started.

First email:

They wanted to know what the problem was. (they don't read this forum).

Second email:

They asked about my activation details. (details are in the customer care form).

Third email:

This time they asked what mobile security version I use. (details are in the customer care form).

Yesterday I gave them my device details, Nexus 7, 32GB, wi-fi, Android 4.3

Today they ask me; "Do you still use Android 4.3?".

@ThomasP

Hi Martvl,

Every country has its own customer support, so that our users can communicate with ESET representatives in their native language.

Should a case come up that the local support is not able to solve immediately, it is then escalated internally to support department at the ESET HQ.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Well Thomas,

This is what I was concerned about.