Update problem with version 2.0

Guest sasomkd

Finally it is clear.

Last year when I renewed my license for Smart Security, I saw on the website that Mobile Security was included. So I installed it on my tablet and activated it with my license details.

Today Eset Netherland told me today, that this was an error in the activation procedure which the will be repaired a.s.a.p.

Mobile Security has it's own license.

So my tablet was never updated for nearly a year?

I always tought I had a total package for my pc, laptop and tablet.

The expire date of my license for my pc and laptop is 4-11-2013

The expire date of my moblie Security is 21-10-2013.

When I asked what happens when my Mobile license expire, they told me that I had to renew it. ( PAY FOR IT )

Or use the free version.

So Mobile Security is not include the Smart Security pakage.

Well, for me it is all clear now. I have to start reading tests and reviews again to find a package that gives me what I want.

1 license for my pc, my laptop and my tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally with the latest updated of Eset Mobile Security the problem for me is solved...I start getting the updates and no more updating stuck problem...Till now no problems at all...If anything else happens I will post it here...Regards

• 3 weeks later...

My Samsung Galaxy Tab constantly has the "Update required" in the info bar, even thou I have updated several times over, it will not go away. so I now ignore it, soon the licenced will be expired and I will return back to using Kaspersky security..

Problem with the update again and again and again...Now in this version also update is an issue...I get updating stucked again...Better find solution for this or many people will leave from Eset Mobile Security trust me...

• 2 years later...

@ sasomkd: did you submit a customer care form (directly from the application) with reference to this thread for further investigation?

If you have a problem that doesn't necessarily mean many people have the same problem. In fact update issues on ESET Mobile Security occur very, very, very selden. There must be something very specific in your case which the good people from ESET will be happy to sort out... if you create a support ticket.

So Mobile Security is not include the Smart Security pakage.

@ Martvl:

- ESET Smart Security is not a package; ESET Smart Security is a product

- so ESET Mobile Security is indeed not included in ESET Smart Security

- there is only one package: ESET Multi-Device

- ESET Mobile Security is included in ESET Multi-Device (as are a number of other products, such as ESET Smart Security)

Hope this helps.

Same problem for Turkey. I am using Eset Mobile Security application and unable to update. My License is from my University. Not purchased from Google Play. That means it is not related with google play licenses.

People who faces this problem listen me. I know the solution. Just enter your license details one more time under "License" menu and activate your license.

After that it will update virus database successfuly. I tried this and worked.