Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 9 Beta Available

I had to do a system restore on Windows 10 build 10240 because I lost internet access. It appears that the firewall module overrode the Ethernet adapter and disabled it. After running the uninstaller in safe mode and restarting it showed that the network adapter were corrupt. I hope for the module patch soon.

Thanks

• Administrators

I had to do a system restore on Windows 10 build 10240 because I lost internet access. It appears that the firewall module overrode the Ethernet adapter and disabled it. After running the uninstaller in safe mode and restarting it showed that the network adapter were corrupt. I hope for the module patch soon.

Did you upgrade to build 10240 from an older build of Windows 10 where v9 was already installed and activated?

Did you upgrade to build 10240 from an older build of Windows 10 where v9 was already installed and activated?

This was installed fresh on the 10240 build.  I saw some posts in post that said that a patch is expected within a few days for fresh installs so hopefully all is well then. :)

Updated v9 beta installers with Windows 10 10240 compatibility are available on ESET website.

Installed, activated, and updated signatures successfully. New beta build looks good for me. Thanks! Really liking the new GUI. It's been about 6 years and I think I was on ESET SS4, Quite the difference!

• ESET Insiders

when the full version of ESS 9 will be released? any official/tentative date? 

Also, what's the latest version for ESS 9 beta for Windows 10 final build? link?

Approximately in October/November.

Also, what's the latest version for ESS 9 beta for Windows 10 final build? link?

9.0.117. New build will be released next week.

• ESET Insiders

Approximately in October/November.

9.0.117. New build will be released next week.

Are you saying a new build apart from the latest 117 will going to be released next week?

So, it's taken me about 2 days to figure this out, but "Enable HTTPS Checking" under "Web Access Protection" was breaking Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10 Pro. I was unable to access any HTTPS websites, including Google. I figured I should tell you guys about it so it can get fixed :)

• Administrators

So, it's taken me about 2 days to figure this out, but "Enable HTTPS Checking" under "Web Access Protection" was breaking Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10 Pro. I was unable to access any HTTPS websites, including Google. I figured I should tell you guys about it so it can get fixed :)

This is not a fix, just a temporary workaround as disabling SSL scanning will cause ESET not to scan https / imaps / pop3s communication and you could download potential malware without being detected by ESET. I'd suggest creating a new topic for that issue or contact customer care who will assist you with further troubleshooting.

• Administrators

i wait new build...new language pack only in final release?

Right. Beta versions are usually available in English only.

• Administrators

Micro PCU are very small program updates that patch only the necessary files instead of downloading a package with all files.