Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 9 Beta Available

• ESET Insiders

tried to make clean install of ess after uninstall of AV: would not validate, saying license was expired, pls help

+1

the same issue

• Most Valued Members

If a PUA is detected by real-time protection, unfold Advanced options and select "Exclude from detection" box.

Would you not consider an option for end of results to?

• ESET Insiders

uninstalled this baby to fulfill the beta survey: reinstalled in a breeze but won't activate this time, I urgently need help (W10 TP10130 x64) can't fugure out why as the very first install gave me instant activation ! opened two tickets, no answer till then

• ESET Insiders

Selecting the option to fill out the survey at the end of the installation causes Eset's certificate to fail to install since the survery opens the browser. I assume the certificate is for filtering https, and the banking protection. Eset must find a better time to offer the survey. Closing the browser, and retrying successfully installed the certificate.  I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate with all patches.

Hello,

Does anyone else see this in the Windows Action Center?

Yes, it is the same here - WIN 8.1 64 bit though I'm with the AV only version.

Edited by zerotox

• ESET Insiders

What areas of the system is a Smart Scan suppose to scan? Does it still scan all of C drive? I conducted a Smart Scan, and it scanned my external drive as well.  I'm using ESS 9.0.117.0

• ESET Insiders

What areas of the system is a Smart Scan suppose to scan? Does it still scan all of C drive? I conducted a Smart Scan, and it scanned my external drive as well.  I'm using ESS 9.0.117.0

All the system, with Smart Optimization Enabled (aka fingerprinting and LiveGrid whitelisting)

• ESET Insiders

I don't like the Home screen for Eset Smart Security, or NOD 32. The big Maximum Protection Banner, and the Giant Robot take up too much space. The space could be used to report the status of each shield independently, or give centralized access to the settings that are most often accessed by the user. I was hoping Eset would give easier/quicker access to some of the settings in the UI this time around.

Edit 6/24 @ 12:23: I like the Robot, just make it smaller. There's no need for it to take up that much valiable space that could be used for something useful.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• ESET Insiders

actually the logic is the opposite: show ALL presumably potential problems only when they ocurrs in that screen. This a good kept behavior from previous release.

I understand The contrast of the GUI, but you could combine the actual grey + cyan Hue to lower the excessive brightness. also the switch buttons could have rounded corners

Eset corp

One problem your corp your software have more errors that any other corp ANTIVIRUS WTF IS GOING ON

Always the same problem installing eset corrupts ,damages the registry, cant repair

Fix that

Eset 9 ultimate crash error installing the eset beta when the software update the module need to restart when the pc start eset full corrupted fix that

Fix always eset drivers corrupt this make the antivirus not work correctly or slow down the pc

Fix the turn on and off glish sometimes not work get glish and some part eset botton not work fix that

Fix the protocol filtering problem block speed test to check conection

Fix eset failed to detect email infected

And Trojan Doppler faild to detect it

Fix eset failed to detect dll, temp file virus or any hidden file or any incoming attacks by dll,temp,file,registry ect

To prevent malware instaling or any backdoor

Eset failed to protect any remote Windows protection a haker can simply exploit any part of the Windows remote like sharing,remote registry ect try to make something that the detect Windows vulnerability and auto disabled and protect it

Fix eset 9 dont have exploit log

Make a new anti exploit mitigation protection like hitmanproalert 3

Fix the eset icons corrupted

Fix eset crashing and reduce the higth impact memory and cpu

Just helping but this to make a product that dont have extreme errors

Fix the compavility for all software

Add dos attack protection

Add mac address flood protection

Add dns protection

Add ip protection

Add brute force protection

Add memory flooding protection

Add cpu atack protection

Etc just helping that all

Eset provides a icons that details for what reason that features is there and why

Some feature dont have any info of what is it so start details any function so people know what is lol

SS Beta appears to be broken with the latest Windows 10 Preview Build 10159.  Worked under build 10130.  The Firewall will not start due to an integration issue. Reinstallaing does not fix the issue.

• ESET Insiders

Why not like this?  :D

I like your design! I would make the web, and email protection separate though. I would also add the HIPS, and Exploit blocker to the Home Screen as well. I think the home screen should give quick access to the most often used features, and settings.

Eset corp

Make a new repair sistem that repair all the corrupted antivirus ,registry and ect

And make a full clean repair

You eset.repair is useless dont help

Need. New repair sistem that make and fix everything to 100% working state with nope errors corrup sistem file or registy ect

Just helping you make a better software

Fix the eset upgrade version when is install when the antivirus upgrade to a new version corrups and stop working fix that and some other features dont work or notified you.

Increase the scan speed and precision

Reduce eset service using excessive cpu or memory making the pc more slow and reducing pc performance

Make a fast firewall that dont make conection to drop some firewalls makenthe internet drop normal or when is attack the network connection drop fix that

Reduce ping impact and increase protection

Add memory vulnerability protection

Add new engine to scan deep dll or sistem to find deepest virus sleeping or any malware

Fix this some malware atack sistem dll to conect to your computer or attack your computer by any means like browsers when is open any sistem file when is updating a vulnerability cold make a virus enter by any dll or file just try to make a better way to detect any sistem change or evation

Add computer screen protection prevent haker to monitor you or spy your monitor screen

Add new keylogger to prevent malware steal your password or personal sensitive data

And encrypted

Just helping

• ESET Insiders
Eset corp

~

You eset.repair is useless dont help

Need. New repair sistem that make and fix everything to 100% working state with nope errors corrup sistem file or registy ect

Use ESET's magic wand, it fixes everything.

Edited by stackz

I have been testing the beta of Smart Security 9 for some weeks now.  Interesting that this popup has just appeared now.  At least it reminded me about this forum which I had forgotten. 

One bug that I have reported (and has been acknowledged) relates to the Banking Protection feature.  Using IE11 you cannot select from a dropdown choice menu item which stops me from logging in to my bank or selecting a date range for a report in Paypal.  This seems to be specific to Internet Explorer 11 as the feature works OK with Chrome or Firefox.   I haven't tried a Windows 10 installation and the "Edge" browser but would be interested to hear if others have the same issue.

(I don't intend installing Windows 10 as I have a TV tuner and use Windows Media Centre regularly).

ESet Smart Security 9.0.117.0 Win 8.1 64 bit UK.

so far not had any problems on my win 7 comp

it scans my drives a lot quicker than the previous version

not yet tried it on my win 10 laptop

Does the v9 be available july 29 when Win10 gets out?

Don't think so, but both V8 and V9 Beta will most likely be fully compatible by then, or earlier.

Edited by SweX