Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 9 Beta Available

• Administrators

On build 10532 installation of 9.0.117 causes all internet connections to fail and cannot activate with the ESET servers.

Build 10532 should be available only on fast ring at the moment. It's not supported yet.

On build 10532 installation of 9.0.117 causes all internet connections to fail and cannot activate with the ESET servers.

Build 10532 should be available only on fast ring at the moment. It's not supported yet.

Seeing how many times you have to point out the fast vs slow/stable ring in threads during the last couple of weeks. Wouldn't it be a good idea for the KB Team to write a KB article where everything is explained, and why it's not recommended for ESET users to use the fast ring, and if they insist on using the fast ring - also point out what sort of problems they could expect to happen, and so forth. Users may not even know the difference between fast / stable ring, and why they experience problems with ESET - when using the fast ring. Some users seem to think the issue is in ESET software when it's quite clear that it's not, and I don't blame anyone for being a bit confused in this fast/slow/stable/pre-release update mess, especially now when both ESET and WIn10 has a "fast ring/pre-release" update mode. P.S if such KB article already exists then I blame my search terms for not finding it. :)

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I agree with SweX. It may also be a good thing to post a pinned thread about this as it could prove helpful in lowering the numbers of posts being asked about it here on the forums.

Hello,

I agree with SweX. It may also be a good thing to post a pinned thread about this as it could prove helpful in lowering the numbers of posts being asked about it here on the forums.

Hello,

I agree with Puffy on having a pinned thread about it is a good idea as well, as the ESET users that move to (or at least try out) Win10 increase as time goes on since its still fresh and new so many wants to try it out, even if not every user that test Win10 likes it and decides to stay with it.

• Most Valued Members

Hello,

Hello,

I agree with Puffy on having a pinned thread about it is a good idea as well, as the ESET users that move to (or at least try out) Win10 increase as time goes on since its still fresh and new so many wants to try it out, even if not every user that test Win10 likes it and decides to stay with it.

If you try Win10 it's a good idea to make an image of your existing drive, especially if you want to go back. It's not quite working out as easily MS claims.

• ESET Insiders

Is this possible to make available 9.0.141 beta installer? I cannot activate nor update 9.0.117 on latest Windows Pro Insider Preview (10532). ESS 9.0.117 works for me until I uninstalled it, but on that built all tries to install an update by internal mechanisms causes indefined error, so I uninstall 9.0.117 and try to reinstall it, and I cannot any longer activate nor update it.

And yes, I know, I know, taht ESET is Beta and Windows is Beta, and I try to test both of them.

• Administrators

The latest supported build of Windows 10 is 10240. If you have opted for fast ring updates, ESET may not work properly. We're working on improving the products so that they work in limited mode when an unsupported OS is detected.

• ESET Insiders

As I know MS updates (upgrades) cannot be refused (blocked) on 10240 RTM I'm only testing the AV

testing th fwall is too much of a wager

Edited by yeoldfart

• Most Valued Members

As I know MS updates (upgrades) cannot be refused (blocked) on 10240 RTM I'm only testing the AV

testing th fwall is too much of a wager

Updates can be delayed on the pro version I belieive.

However the problem with Eset isn't related to the stable version of Windows - currently 10240. Windows offers a fast ring update setting for insiders that allows you to try what are in a sense Beta versions of Windows - new features etc. But Microsoft hasn't released all the necessary details to make Eset compatible. The fast ring updates should really only be used by professionals and for testing purposes.

• Administrators

Updates can be delayed on the pro version I belieive.

However the problem with Eset isn't related to the stable version of Windows - currently 10240. Windows offers a fast ring update setting for insiders that allows you to try what are in a sense Beta versions of Windows - new features etc. But Microsoft hasn't released all the necessary details to make Eset compatible. The fast ring updates should really only be used by professionals and for testing purposes.

To put it right, Microsoft is not obliged to provide vendors with symbols for new builds. However, not doing so makes it difficult for vendors to make software that integrates deeply with the OS compatible with such builds.

As I have already mentioned elsewhere, we are planning to add limited support for such builds so that other protection features dependent on HIPS work alright.

Beta9...

I didn't find sorting rules in RERSONAL FIREWALL tab.

Advanced Setup - Personal firewall - (Interactive mode) - Edit rules

It could be nice to make sorting with pressing the headers of grid

(as far as I remember it works on ESET ENDPOINT 5.0.2225.1)

• Administrators

Nope, it works the same way as in Endpoint v6. The order determines the priority in which rules are evaluated so sorting by columns will obviously not work.

Nope, it works the same way as in Endpoint v6. The order determines the priority in which rules are evaluated so sorting by columns will obviously not work.

I can't understand why we can't sort visualy by colums to have better ergonomics when trying to edit/delete the rules without changing the rules order.

All i see is poor design : no program name icons, no arrow icons in direction column like , up arrow /down arrow or both to signal user instantly that the rule is an outboud, inbound or both, and offcourse a red x , green checkmark to show deny or allow rule. Also why rules can't be arranged by drag and drop and need to use those 4 buttons at right ?

Are we really sacrificing ergonomics and functionality just to have a grey table because it looks so good for the UX team ?

I just bought an ESET SMART SECURITY 8 license key and been using it ever since my trial expired. Will I be able to upgrade to V9 when the time comes, hassle free? Or do I need to buy a new license key specifically for V9?

• Administrators

I just bought an ESET SMART SECURITY 8 license key and been using it ever since my trial expired. Will I be able to upgrade to V9 when the time comes, hassle free? Or do I need to buy a new license key specifically for V9?

Your license entitles you to download and update any version of the product you've purchased.

• ESET Moderators

Hi,

Today we released ESET Smart Security 9 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 in Slovak, Czech and German languages.

The rest of the languages (including English) should follow in the coming weeks.