Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 9 Beta Available

Hello,

The final English version 9 when it is released?  ;):rolleyes:

When ready, ie. soon.

The beta version is updated to the final version?

Hello again

Is the beta version to the final version of the update? :rolleyes:

sorry for language :(

• Most Valued Members

please stop asking the same thing over and over again. when someone who knows the answer sees it, they will answer.

Hi there,
I am really disappointed with versions 9.
As usual, antivirus companies dont think about blind users, working with screen readers.
You removed non-graphical interface, even from the installation screen.
Its now really hard to operate with screen readers.
Your security solutions was one of the last working with screen readers, but now, you made step backward.

• ESET Moderators

Hello agasoft,

As we switched to a different GUI backend, everything had to be recreated from scratch. Adding support for screen readers is planned for one of the future versions.

• Former ESET Employees

Hi there,

I am really disappointed with versions 9.

As usual, antivirus companies dont think about blind users, working with screen readers.

You removed non-graphical interface, even from the installation screen.

Its now really hard to operate with screen readers.

Your security solutions was one of the last working with screen readers, but now, you made step backward.

Hi, this support is already implemented in our internal experimental builds, but it needs to be tested before public release, our plan is to release an updated build with screen readers support in the near future (but I can't promise any exact date yet).

• Most Valued Members

HIPS is not enabled in windows 10 pro build 10565... :(

You are using build 10565 which is currently an Insider preview build and isn't fully compatible with HIPS. You need to be using the regular stable releases of Windows 10 (currently build 10240) for HIPS to work.

Please see this pinned topic regarding HIPS and Insider builds: https://forum.eset.com/topic/6282-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-not-fully-supported-hips-is-inactive/

Users with Windows 10 systems have a possibility to opt for Insider preview builds which are early builds of Windows 10 that may contain new features, improvements, fixes, etc. Due to a tight integration of ESET's products with the operating system, it is not possible to fully support them from the moment they become available. Users with Insider preview builds have HIPS disabled and receive the error "Communication with driver failed. HIPS is inactive."

ESET has committed to provide support for final versions of operating systems. As for Insider preview builds, we plan to add limited support in the near future so that the Advanced memory scanner and Exploit blocker protection features that depend on HIPS work just fine.

P.S: You posted in the Beta topic but ESS and NOD32 are now released to the public - visit the relevant section in the forums to see more info.

Edited by planet

Hello agasoft,

As we switched to a different GUI backend, everything had to be recreated from scratch. Adding support for screen readers is planned for one of the future versions.

A, yes. Thank you... Fortgive me because I am ironic, but, it will happen in version 17.

• Former ESET Employees

Hello agasoft,

A, yes. Thank you... Fortgive me because I am ironic, but, it will happen in version 17.

Support for screen readers (at least for JAWS) is already implemented in internal builds , but it needs to be tested and we will release an updated installers with screen readers support in coming weeks.

I just search to see the comparison among ESET NOD32 AV and ESET NOD32 SS, after thoroughly review i found big price difference between these products. ESET antivirus 9 is enough for me to protect my PC in $34. Just awesome  :rolleyes:  :o

Thanks ESET for these proactive products  :wub:  :wub:

• Most Valued Members

can i install NOD32 SS 7.0 into windows 10 pro ? can somebody help me ?

you should be able to install it but it's not compatible with windows 10 and you might face enough problems. i suggest to download v9 and install it

https://www.eset.com/int/download//home/detail/family/2?installer=offline

• ESET Moderators

We strongly recommend against installing v7 not just on Windows 10 but on any computer, as newer versions are available.

Always install the latest version as it contains the newest features, bugfixes, adds compatibility for OS that was not existing in the time of the older version, etc.

Amazing! version 9 was released ?... i search it on Google and found an helpful article where all features of 9 version were listed. There i also found and downloaded latest version for my windows 10. Actually i didn't know about the 9th release of ESET top class antivirus. Thanks ESET i love your products... This is the link i found through Chrome's history: hxxp://www.urgentfiles.com/2015/10/eset-nod32-antivirus-9-free-download.html  :mellow:  :P  :)

• Most Valued Members

Amazing! version 9 was released ?... i search it on Google and found an helpful article where all features of 9 version were listed. There i also found and downloaded latest version for my windows 10. Actually i didn't know about the 9th release of ESET top class antivirus. Thanks ESET i love your products... This is the link i found through Chrome's history: hxxp://www.urgentfiles.com/2015/10/eset-nod32-antivirus-9-free-download.html  :mellow:  :P  :)

unless you joke about it. congratulations! you just infected your computer with whatever was in that program.

NEVER download anything from non official sites.

www.eset.com always from the officials.

• Most Valued Members

unless you joke about it. congratulations! you just infected your computer with whatever was in that program.

NEVER download anything from non official sites.

www.eset.com always from the officials.

Luckily, the URL mentioned here is simply a direct download link to the 32-bit and 64-bit variants of NOD32 v9 from the official ESET website (download.eset.com). Although, it is always a good practice to download from the official website, as pavilion_alex said... which is simply by visiting hxxp://www.eset.com/.

Edited by planet

• 3 weeks later...
Hi @Martin Semjan,

Official version 9 has been pushed out, your post is old 25 days.

And, on the Eset site, I could read that screen reader support not available.

Great job done!

You said, internal testing.

Have you any blind testers?

I guess, no.

I tested hundreds of alpha or beta products and worked closely with companies to make programs more accessible.

I never needed so long time to test every single option. Where you stucked?

• Most Valued Members

one must not be blind or deaf or whatever in order to test if the product he makes is compatible with such programs or devices.

since they said that they internally test a new version compatible with screen readers, they are doing it and soon the update will be released.

• 4 weeks later...

Official version 9 has been pushed out, your post is old 25 days.

And, on the Eset site, I could read that screen reader support not available.
Great job done!

Build 9.0.349

08/12/2015

Added: Support for screen reader software (JAWS)

Added: Support for Outlook 2016 (Antispam plugin)

Added: License info about seat count

Fixed: Issues with printing and Windows updates

Fixed: Wrong categorization of virtual networks

Fixed: Issues with settings migration when upgrading from previous versions

Changed: Updated list of application status messages

hxxp://www.eset.co.uk/Download/ChangeLog/ESSH

Just FYI.

• 1 month later...
Hello there,

its me again.

I dont know will someone pass this to dev team, but hope so.

Congratulations. You really made a big progress with JAWS support in the latest build.

I can say, its the best improvements after version 4.

However, still think that you need to have blind testers, because you never may test any single option with keyboard like we could.

Main areas of the GUI are now accessible. Installation went fine, activation, updates, statuses...

But, advanced settings are not doable at all.

I just can hear settings, but no way to activate them or change something via keyboard.

I am ready to work with you, to test any alpha, beta or whatever, to make JAWS experience completely the best.

You are close to have the most accessible antivirus in 2016. I am doing research every year, and now I am really surprised with Eset positive movements-.

But without advanced settings operation, it means nothing.