eset has limited cloud connectivity

Hi,

Since yesterday every time i open steam when i start my pc i am getting "eset has limited cloud connectivity"

its happening only when i start steam, i am not losing any internet connection, is this a bug ?

27 minutes ago, Masamunnex said:

Hi,

Since yesterday every time i open steam when i start my pc i am getting "eset has limited cloud connectivity"

its happening only when i start steam, i am not losing any internet connection, is this a bug ?

Could you post a print and explain in more detail for better understanding.

13 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Could you post a print and explain in more detail for better understanding.

what kind of print would you like ? everytime i open steam i get a notification from eset yellow color with the msg eset has limited cloud connectivity

• Most Valued Members

I had this a while back a few times mainly when steam was updating. It would fail to update or fail to find the update? (can't remember) and then I'd get the limited cloud connection error. I had to close it fully and reopen it.

Not had this since though and it was weirdly only with steam

I still get this issue, it seems to be linked to the steam browser that advertises offers of games  when steam is 1st loaded , if i close it  soon after  restores its self, and i open steam again  it doesn't repeat

• Administrators

Basically it's enough to enable advanced antispam logging, especially if it takes longer to reproduce the issue. If you can reproduce it basically instantly, advanced network protection logging would be helpful as well.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @tommy456,

On 10/5/2021 at 1:26 AM, tommy456 said:

Ok Just reproduced the issue with both logs  enabled   Peter Randziak has a PM with logs

Thank you for the logs files, I will have them checked by the dev team.

Peter

• ESET Moderators

Hello @tommy456 and @Masamunnex,

Direct Cloud communication module 1118.2, with this issue fixed is available on pre-release update channel.

Can you please switch to pre-release updates, verify if your ESET product downloaded the Direct Cloud communication module 1118.2, try to reproduce the issue and let us know?

The issue was caused by multiple requests failing, thus taking the channel offline even in case of a short network outage...

Peter

Using Pre release modules  Direct Cloud communication module 1118.2 no notifications shown after opening  steam  client   or  connectivity errors in the logs, so far ,so appears  this new module will resolve the issue

Edited by tommy456

• Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @tommy456 and @Masamunnex,

Direct Cloud communication module 1118.2, with this issue fixed is available on pre-release update channel.

Can you please switch to pre-release updates, verify if your ESET product downloaded the Direct Cloud communication module 1118.2, try to reproduce the issue and let us know?

The issue was caused by multiple requests failing, thus taking the channel offline even in case of a short network outage...

Peter

Was steam part of the issue with this? Not had it happen in a while but noticed others had the issue with steam running 

40 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Was steam part of the issue with this? Not had it happen in a while but noticed others had the issue with steam running 

Yes it only would occur when i launched the steam client  eset would  give a notification, and also log it, in the event log in ESET GUI, but connectivity  for life grid was still working, or it appeared to be in, then after steam closed it would re-establish it's self

• ESET Moderators
10 hours ago, tommy456 said:

Using Pre release modules  Direct Cloud communication module 1118.2 no notifications shown after opening  steam  client   or  connectivity errors in the logs, so far ,so appears  this new module will resolve the issue

Thank you for the confirmation, I will pass it to the dev team.

Peter