ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0.317 has been released

Marcos

• Administrators

ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 7.0.317.4 has been released and is available to download.

New features:

• fixed: issue with toast notifications not being displayed on Windows 8+
  • fixed: issue with event notifications being sent with no content
  • fixed: issue with Windows Action Center notifications
  • fixed: issue with Anti-Phishing protection not being re-enabled when enabling protection via the tray icon context menu

To download and install ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 7.0.317.4, download and run Live Installer available on the download page. Installation over previous versions is fully supported.

Update to the latest version via program's gui is not available yet.

For more information and to download the product, visit the ESET website or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

yes thanks for removing my thread which actually had the correct download link where you have missed to add the hyper link + removed the change log I posted!

Great customer service! delete their good threads and post threads missing the vital info like links/change logs

• Administrators

yes thanks for removing my thread which actually had the correct download link where you have missed to add the hyper link + removed the change log I posted!

Great customer service! delete their good threads and post threads missing the vital info like links/change logs

The download links were lost as the text was copied from the previous announcement but have been added in the mean time.

ESET reserves the exclusive right to announce the availability of new versions. No premature announcements should be made without ESET's consent.

Installed over the top of 7.0.302.26 and have no problems.

Was a good smooth upgrade.

Nice to see after re-enabling protection, the anti-phishing protection now has the green symbol rather than the red.

Nice to see after re-enabling protection, the anti-phishing protection now has the green symbol rather than the red.

Indeed

If phishing protection is disabled, NOD32 icon stays green and states "Maximum Protection".

Not good.  When will this be fixed?  Same problem with Anti-Stealth Protection.

This should be basic functionality.

Edited by GreyGhost

Does this version fix the initial update error on windows 8.1 please?

cheers

nope still broken.

MsiExec still crashes on removal too.

Edited by Wrogg

Does this version fix the initial update error on windows 8.1 please?

cheers

nope still broken.

MsiExec still crashes on removal too.

My smart security does not have any initial update issues, i have a dell inspiron running 8.1 with update 1.

What are you referring to with crashing ? When removed from add remove programs ?

Do you have instructions that these can be resproduced consistently, because ill go try again to make it happen on my laptop.

The update issue was reported many months ago, I can make it work on either I my pc's if I severely cripple my boot time, which I don't really want to do.    https://forum.eset.com/topic/831-nod32-701040-not-updating-automatically/

I image both pc's before trying Eset these days so have rolled back, they are both clean 8.1 installs not upgrades. they are both very different, one is intel one AMD. They have never had any other security software other than the rock solid but possibly inefficient Windows Defender (MSE)

event log on removal:

Faulting application name: MsiExec.exe, version: 5.0.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x5215f49e
Faulting module name: MSIB610.tmp, version: 7.0.317.0, time stamp: 0x530b63ab
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000021db4
Faulting process ID: 0x12a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf74db48c10496
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\MsiExec.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSIB610.tmp
Report ID: ad63137c-e0ce-11e3-825c-0024215751c8
Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID:

with:

Faulting application name: egui.exe, version: 7.0.317.0, time stamp: 0x530b636e

Faulting module name: ToastNotify.dll, version: 7.0.317.0, time stamp: 0x530b63fa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000dbca
Faulting process ID: 0xc04
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf74da92cd48ca
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ToastNotify.dll
Report ID: 76583805-e0ce-11e3-825c-0024215751c8
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID
Same thing either PC.

Oh i remember now Wrogg, sorry.

Does using an older version make the issues go away ?

Your crashes list 7.0.317.0, however i have ...317.4 as well as the announcement stating that.

Have you tried the uninstaller in safemode ? Then reinstall, then uninstall again after the safe mode tool has been run ? Does the error persist on that ?

One of the fixes for the new build was the toast notify which seems to be your listed crash ???

• ESET Moderators

Hello Wrogg,

does the issue persist after re-installation?

If yes could you please provide me with SysInspector log and Egui crash dump with exception trigger set on first exception?

It actually uninstalls cleanly that event viewer log is on reboot I think.

Had the same with the last version.

And that was just after installing windows, product works great except the first update always fails on desktop which starts up in around 7 seconds and almost always fails on laptop which has traditional hdd.

Will keep eyes open for new builds I guess

Thanks for the replies

I think I have found part of my problem. When I first tried Eset I said I had a load of controller errors on removal and had to re install Windows.

The same thing happened this time, followed by two blue screens after I had re installed windows again.

Motherboard has now completely died! I built the PC ten years ago and have upgraded it each year, so it's a very sad day.

I think the crashes etc were due to my MSI Platinum giving up the ghost and dying slowly.

As the fun of building and repairing years old equipment has long left me I ordered a new pre built pc.

As I am not confident a ten year old psu wasn't partly to blame.

I am still concerned about the update problem, I won't be using SSD on the new PC I will keep it as is with a 2TB sataIII hard drive, so will be trying Eset again soon I guess.

I do not like to blame where blame is not due.

<<hates mouse pads I have decided. 

Edited by Wrogg

• 2 weeks later...

Don't crucify me.  I'm running v4.2.67.10 and have a question.  Can I install EAV 7.* over the top and automatically retain my custom settings?  Is there a burning reason to install the UTD version?  Pardon my logic, but I ask because I receive notification every year to re-up my subscription but never any mention of upgrading my software.  And . . . if I do install new UTD NOD32 software cold, is there anyway to preserve my antiquated settings or would that be stupid?

• Administrators

Don't crucify me.  I'm running v4.2.67.10 and have a question.  Can I install EAV 7.* over the top and automatically retain my custom settings?  Is there a burning reason to install the UTD version?  Pardon my logic, but I ask because I receive notification every year to re-up my subscription but never any mention of upgrading my software.  And . . . if I do install new UTD NOD32 software cold, is there anyway to preserve my antiquated settings or would that be stupid?

It's possible to install v7 over any older version. Not sure what you had configured differently from defaults but personally I'd recommend running a vanilla install with default settings. 

Personally I would do a clean install of the latest version. Uninstall V4 and then install the latest version from scratch. It just takes a few minutes to set it up the way you like it if you want to tweak and change some settings. :)

I've been using v7.0.302 on windows 7 64 bit system with all microsoft updates installed. When I upgraded to v7.0.317.4 install went without issue and appears to function....except when I decide to do a scan of my system thru computer scan option. Then software freezes up and eventually I have to use the task manager to manually close. I have uninstalled ESET NOD32 Antivirus v7.0.317.4 and then done a fresh install after rebooting....still same result. But, when I uninstall and go back to v7.0.302, I have no issues and can do a computer scan thru the "computer scan" button and all goes fine.

So....can anyone explain or help me with the issue?

thx

I've been using v7.0.302 on windows 7 64 bit system with all microsoft updates installed. When I upgraded to v7.0.317.4 install went without issue and appears to function....except when I decide to do a scan of my system thru computer scan option. Then software freezes up and eventually I have to use the task manager to manually close. I have uninstalled ESET NOD32 Antivirus v7.0.317.4 and then done a fresh install after rebooting....still same result. But, when I uninstall and go back to v7.0.302, I have no issues and can do a computer scan thru the "computer scan" button and all goes fine.

thx

Hello and welcome, :)

Some users seem to have this problem. See this thread: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2612-small-interface-glitch/

Edited by SweX

thx

Hello and welcome, :)

Some users seem to have this problem. See this thread: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2612-small-interface-glitch/

Thank you for the link and welcome.

I'll check out the other topic

• 4 weeks later...