Thank you it actually updates on its own but there is no way way to update manually. The update that you circled does not update.

Edited by alan1476

• Administrators
11 hours ago, alan1476 said:

Thank you it actually updates on its own but there is no way way to update manually. The update that you circled does not update.

Please clarify what you mean. If you have outdated modules for some reason, clicking Check for updates will connect to an ESET update server and download newer updates, if exist.

On 5.10.2017 at 9:27 PM, User said:

I have now registered my new multi device licence code via the new licence manager and it has went wrong.

It activated as separate licence from 05.10.2017 to 05.10.2018, but it should have activated from 01.11.2017 to 31.10.2018 after my current license has expired.

Please can someone from ESET look into it and correct this.

1.jpg

After having  contacted German customer service and having received 3 answers that were't helpful at all and didn't answer my questions,  I  will give up and let it as it is.

My god, is it so complicated to cancel one licence and extend the other accordingly?

It seems that customer service has detoriated massively over the past years.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @User ,

the licenses are managed by local resellers / partners. 

Not sure what they can and cannot do, but there are probably some restrictions to keep the data in the license database consistent.

Regards, P.R.

is it possible for someone from eset to do a feature comparison between ESS 10 and EIS 11? (if one has not already been done) It would make me feel easier about switching over to EIS. The only reason I have not switched our systems over yet, is because I fear losing functionality between versions. I don't want a downgrade. I want the equivalent level of features. I am glad anti theft is in EIS 11, but if there are other features that ESS has that EIS does not, then I will not switch over. I do plan on switching over to ESS Premium when my license expires, but that wont be until late 2018

• ESET Insiders
4 hours ago, cybot said:

is it possible for someone from eset to do a feature comparison between ESS 10 and EIS 11? (if one has not already been done) It would make me feel easier about switching over to EIS. The only reason I have not switched our systems over yet, is because I fear losing functionality between versions. I don't want a downgrade. I want the equivalent level of features. I am glad anti theft is in EIS 11, but if there are other features that ESS has that EIS does not, then I will not switch over. I do plan on switching over to ESS Premium when my license expires, but that wont be until late 2018

It's allready said here that ESS form version 11 became EIS with the same functionality. And in previous versions the only difference beetween ESS and EIS was in anti theft feature, in all other they are identical.

• ESET Insiders
10 minutes ago, jamess3973 said:

Is there any link, for International English, for ESET Internet Security 11?

Presently I'm on 10.1.235.0

No, you can setup German version for example and switch language in Windows register.

40 minutes ago, anton83 said:

No, you can setup German version for example and switch language in Windows register.

I see. It's just the regional version that has released now. The International English version should release soon then.

• ESET Insiders
12 hours ago, razorfancy said:

Can you please tell me how to do that?

You need to open Regedit in Windows (in safe mode boot) and find such registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info and in this change LanguageCode  to en-en and LanguageId to 1033. This will be En-US language. See codes here https://malwaretips.com/threads/eset-11-beta.75556/

Edited by anton83

• ESET Insiders
11 hours ago, jamess3973 said:

I see. It's just the regional version that has released now. The International English version should release soon then.

Yes and the version maybee be higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the job of system cleaner?it telling me several system settings have been changed!and they are 4 changes.
But cant show me what are these changes?and I cant blindly press reset.
Can Eset provide more details?

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, persian-boy said:

Whats the job of system cleaner?it telling me several system settings have been changed!and they are 4 changes.
But cant show me what are these changes?and I cant blindly press reset.
Can Eset provide more details?

As far as I can gather it's just settings that aren't set to their standard default setting the idea being that the system cleaner could revert changes made by malware. 

Sadly there is no way to find out the exact setting. I clicked fix hoping it would bring up more details but it just changed the settings to default and there's no undo option or a lot to see changes. 

I mentioned this to eset but it seems this is the way they want it and it would be too hard to show each individual changed option. I suggested a way to show more options even if disabled by default as I could imagine people changing stuff to default they had changed themselves. I also suggested a way to ignore specific changes but it appears this won't happen

57 minutes ago, peteyt said:

As far as I can gather it's just settings that aren't set to their standard default setting the idea being that the system cleaner could revert changes made by malware. 

Sadly there is no way to find out the exact setting. I clicked fix hoping it would bring up more details but it just changed the settings to default and there's no undo option or a lot to see changes. 

I mentioned this to eset but it seems this is the way they want it and it would be too hard to show each individual changed option. I suggested a way to show more options even if disabled by default as I could imagine people changing stuff to default they had changed themselves. I also suggested a way to ignore specific changes but it appears this won't happen

I would stay away from this feature if you do any system customization. For example, I only create a restore point on my OS boot drive. Win's default settings are to create a restore point for all drives. Of course, System Cleaner flagged an issue w/System Restore.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

I would stay away from this feature if you do any system customization. For example, I only create a restore point on my OS boot drive. Win's default settings are to create a restore point for all drives. Of course, System Cleaner flagged an issue w/System Restore.

It's a shame we can't see the changes and decide for ourself

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

It's a shame we can't see the changes and decide for ourself

Eset needs to create a log file for the feature and log in there what it finds. Again, quite a few folks revise OS settings from the default. Personnally if malware alerted OS settings, I would opt for a Win 10 in-place repair instead. There are also utilities like those hosted on tweaking.com that many use to reset system defaults, repair the registry, etc.. 

It also should be noted that if malware altered system settings, it is supposed to be the job of the AV to automatically repair those settings:huh:

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, persian-boy said:

Ye me too! it's more dangerous than useful(since Eset cant provide details)

Will request it in the change area. I can see people getting annoyed because they accidentally change something they didn't want to change