Does anyone have any official word on when ERA 6.2 will be released?  I have heard "a few weeks" from several support reps over the past month and half but still have not seen it.  This is currently holding me back from deployment.

Thanks!

• Administrators

We are still a few weeks away from the release. All we can say at the moment is that ERA v6.2 is being finalized these days.

Not exactly the answer I was searching for.  However, can I expect to see it released by September 1st?  There are far too many issues with ERA 6.1 to begin to even think about releasing it outside of my test group.

• Administrators

We don't give any exact date of release. If something goes wrong then people will start claiming "but you promised to release it". I can only say that we plan to release it in the first half of September.

We don't give any exact date of release. If something goes wrong then people will start claiming "but you promised to release it". I can only say that we plan to release it in the first half of September.

Well considering I have purchased a large quantity of licenses of your software that I am unable to put on my endpoints because of the problems with ERA I would like more of an answer than "a few weeks" that I have been hearing for about two months now.  I think we can all agree that ERA 6.1 is not usable in its current state.   But hearing "a few weeks" encourages me to begin spending my time searching for an alternative a/v product.

Well considering I have purchased a large quantity of licenses of your software that I am unable to put on my endpoints because of the problems with ERA I would like more of an answer than "a few weeks" that I have been hearing for about two months now.  I think we can all agree that ERA 6.1 is not usable in its current state.   But hearing "a few weeks" encourages me to begin spending my time searching for an alternative a/v product.

I don't think we should expect too much from this release. Also, it would be really good practice for ESET to start developing their software much like Microsoft started with Windows 10. Speak more publicly about coming changes and new features. Open insider program. That way people would get used to new things, suggest their ideas, vote for features, and better understand why all these new changes. Start talking to your customers. Developing software in secrecy is old school....

I don't think we should expect too much from this release. Also, it would be really good practice for ESET to start developing their software much like Microsoft started with Windows 10. Speak more publicly about coming changes and new features. Open insider program. That way people would get used to new things, suggest their ideas, vote for features, and better understand why all these new changes. Start talking to your customers. Developing software in secrecy is old school....

If I would have a chance to vote, I would never vote for most changes that were happened in version 6.1

Edited by Alex-Iv

A change I would really like to see implemented in ERA is to show the Windows computer description along with the computer name. Please don't make me enter a description for every one of my computers showing in ERA, just show the description that is already set up in Windows Control Panel/System

Don

• 3 weeks later...

In the last couple of weeks, I've seen multiple posts from Eset saying it'll be ready in a fews days. As a result I've been checking-in multiple times a day in the last 10days, but no sign of it yet. Most recently they are now saying "soon", which I'm hoping means imminent (and therefore shorter than a few days?).... rather than it signalling a delay has arisen and so it will be longer than a few days.

As others have said the real answer is "when it is ready". Here's hoping it is imminent...

Mike

• ESET Moderators

Hello everybody,

I am glad to confirm that we are releasing ERA 6.2 today!

Please be patient with the download links, the new files are being uploaded to the servers during the day, as it is a significant amount of data to be replaced on the download servers.

Regards,

T.

Hello everybody,

I am glad to confirm that we are releasing ERA 6.2 today!

Please be patient with the download links, the new files are being uploaded to the servers during the day, as it is a significant amount of data to be replaced on the download servers.

Regards,

T.

That is great news! As we prepare, can you please let us know what the steps are to upgrade to the latest version when it is available?  Since everyone is stating what a major upgrade this will be, are we still going to be able to upgrade it from the console using the Client Tasks? Or will we need to be on the server itself to perform this upgrade?

• ESET Moderators

We will post an official announcement once the release is fully completed along with more information.

However, as for the upgrade, you can still use the upgrade task described here: hxxp://help.eset.com/era/6/en-US/index.html?component_upgrade.htm

• Administrators

Just finished updating the server. Is there a method for updating the ERA Clients to the latest version as well?

To upgrade agents on clients, send a "Remote Administrator Components Upgrade" task to them.

• Administrators

I tried to issue the task but once I select my target and determine what package to push, I am only offered the server component for Server OS and not clients.  Screenshot included.

That's ok. The appropriate components (agent) belonging to that server version will be downloaded and installed.

ESET RA Upgrade process: wade through a long list of procedures and choices and at the end have not the slightest idea if it worked.

All other software upgrade process: click on install updates.

We have to demonstrate to our auditors that we have a 'console' to manage AV installations and this is the worst bit of software I have seen in years. I love the client software but this is abysmal. Am actually thinking we will have to replace all of the clients with a competitor just so we can get a working console.

I've just done an upgrade to 6.2. Really easy, just create an Upgrade task and point it at the ERA server. Job done. I'm now upgrading the agents, 92 done and about 40 to go. All via a single upgrade task.

What could be easier?