HIPS problem on Windows File Server

I have just done a clean standalone trial install of ESET File Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server (6.0.12035.0) on a new Dell Server running Windows Server 2012 Essentials.  The product installed ok, but gives an error on HIPS - it is paused, and a popup appears saying that 'the user rules file contains invalid data'

I have seen something on an earlier version about replacing an ESET dll to fix this.  Am I beetter uninstalling/reinstalling, or is anyone aware of a simple fix, Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I would like to push this topic...

I am experiencing the same problem on some servers (not all).

My Config:

Windows Server 2008 R2

ESET File Security 6.2.12007.1

In my ERA 6 I can not see any problems. I only see these messages when I am connected to the server and open the GUI (browse to log files).

There is a KB hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2891 which is pointing to the problem, but it is related to older version (5.x).

Can I download the dll file and replace it as described? Or is it only for older version?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same issue on Server 2008 R2 with File Security 6.2.12007 installed.

This causes ekrn to use nearly all the CPU and also starts to steadily consume available RAM.

I have uninstalled File Security on the affected servers for now but this is not a solution.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

This seems as a bug in the product, please contact your local ESET support office who will request logs and a process dump from the affected server in order to find the cause of the issue.

Thanks.

Exact same problem here. has this been resolved? I got Win 2012 R2 Essentials and newest Eset File Server Security. HIPS is disabled but it advanced settings it remains enabled. Also, I got this strange message: the user rules file contains invalid data.

Any help with thi one?

• 5 months later...