Customer satisfaction survey 2023

Marcos

Customer satisfaction survey 2023  

35 members have voted

1. 1. For how long have you been using ESET products?

• 1 year or less
    • 1-5 years
    • More than 5 years
  2. 2. What ESET security products do you use? (multiple selections are possible)

• ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    • ESET Internet Security
    • ESET Smart Security Premium
    • ESET CyberSecurity / ESET CyberSecurity Pro for MacOS
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for Windows
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for macOS
    • ESET Server security products
    • ESET PROTECT (on-premise)
    • ESET PROTECT Cloud
    • ESET Inspect (on-premise)
    • ESET Inspect Cloud
  3. 3. Do you find the footprint of ESET in comparison with competetive products

• Lighter
    • Equal
    • Heavier
    • I cannot tell
  4. 4. Do you find detection and protection capabilities of ESET in comparison with competetive products (based on your own experience):

• Better
    • Equal
    • Worse
    • I cannot tell
  5. 5. Have you been infected with malware while using ESET in last year? If yes, please provide details about the malware in a comment below.

• Yes, the malware was found by another antivirus
    • Yes, the malware was found by myself
    • No
  6. 6. Have you been hit by ransomware while using ESET last year?

• Yes. ESET was uninstalled or not running after the encryption
    • Yes. ESET was running after the encryption
    • No
  7. 7. Do you plan to renew your ESET license? If not, please provide reasons in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Were most of your forum queries answered in a timely manner this year? If not, please provide more information in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Did you mostly get accurate answers to your forum queries this year? If not, please provide more information in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. If you opened a support ticket, did it lead to a resolution of your issue? If not, please include also the ticket numbers in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't contact technical support

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

Dear users,

Another year has passed and we would like to thank you all for being our users and fans, especially to those who have been active and helpful in our forum and contributed to our mutual endeavor to defend our digital worlds. My special thanks to Itman for his tireless presence here and willingness to help the others :)

We would like to ask you to spend a few minutes and give us feedback on how we were doing, what you like about ESET and what is not that good and where we could improve. We endeavor to listen to your feedback, tailor the products to your needs and liking while maintaining the products effective, easy to control with small footprint on your systems. If you were not content with how your support tickets, queries or issue reports were handled, we would appreciate if you could provide a ticket number, links to this forum, etc. in a comment so that we could review them and try to improve things in the future.

With ESET home products v17 and Endpoint v11 just around the corner (program update to v17 is already available on the pre-release update channel), you can look forward to features like Browser Privacy & Security with Secure Search or Browser Cleanup as well as a new tier product ESET Security Ultimate which will bring VPN as an addition to existing features for a start. Last but not least, we are excited to tell you that next year we're going to substantially improve the HIPS-based Deep Behavior Inspection, Ransomware shield, scanning on multicore processsor systems, etc.

image.png

Regards,
Marcos

• Marcos featured this topic

Another year passed, so I added my feedback... this now marks my 8th year with ESET.

I started using ESET 8 years ago as it was literally the only company out there providing a Linux antivirus for home users, namely NOD32.

It was fast, lightweight and it just kept working, the user interface was very basic and old-style and even the antivirus features were limited but it was everything I needed as a home user.

Unfortunately, due to the tiny market of home linux users (less than 1% of net market share, really), ESET sadly discontinued NOD32, leaving us with only one option: "upgrade" to ESET Endpoint Protection.

Aside from the added cost that this brought (which is considerably higher for a home user, given that you're forced to purchase 5 licenses even if you need 1), to this day ESET Endpoint Protection for Linux has less options than NOD32.

The GUI is reduced to the very minimum and it doesn't even have a button to perform a full system scan, it doesn't have a button to enable/disable the individual shields, it doesn't have a button to set exceptions (like specific paths that should be excluded), it doesn't have an option to see quarantined files and eventually restore them and/or send them to ESET for evaluation in case the user thinks they're false positives, it doesn't have an option to choose what the antivirus is supposed to do when it faces a threat (like, remove it automatically? move it to quarantine? ask the user?), it doesn't have an option to schedule scans (like if the user wants to setup automatic scans every night at 2AM when the computer isn't in use etc).

I mean, ESET Endpoint Protection for Linux is lacking a lot of features, the GUI is too minimal and it also doesn't support the latest kernels which is forcing people to either stick with an older long time support kernel like 6.1.x or update to and end of life kernel which has already been deprecated like 6.3.13 (which is currently the last one supported).

I know that Linux is still a tiny market, but please, find some space in your heart to support us 'cause we're feeling left behind. :( 

• Administrators

Please provide the ticket ID if you choose that opening a support ticket didn't lead to a resolution of your issue so that we can investigate what happened and if the ticket was handled properly by technical support.

come to macos FranceBB 😅 feels about the same 

i vote no to 10, Marcos (#00650268) because i believe it has been solved through the forum and not because of the ticket.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:40 PM, Marcos said:

as well as a new tier product ESET Security Ultimate which will bring VPN as an addition to existing features for a start. 

avast

avag did it. so you had to bring an ultimate. is the future of win-users made of an ultimate, a premium, an advanced and an essential ? see. malwarebytes offers 2 variants, standard and plus (VPN included). see. it more easy to understand. marketing gag. hein. 

12 hours ago, FranceBB said:

Aside from the added cost that this brought (which is considerably higher for a home user, given that you're forced to purchase 5 licenses even if you need 1)

ESET needs to change this rule. It seems this is also different in every country. For example in Indonesia you can only buy the home version 5 licenses for one email account, but if I look at the US site you will be able to buy 10 licenses. Maybe if they lower the purchase limit for Endpoint, but it could make a difference in price with the home version.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Chas4 said:

Tried 2 differnt browsers and the multiple selections are possible for question 2 is not working, will only let me pick one.

Thank you for the heads-up, should be fixed now.

• Most Valued Members
On 11/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, sesk said:

avast

avag did it. so you had to bring an ultimate. is the future of win-users made of an ultimate, a premium, an advanced and an essential ? see. malwarebytes offers 2 variants, standard and plus (VPN included). see. it more easy to understand. marketing gag. hein. 

Yeah I do think having 4 home windows versions may confuse some users. 

I always felt the premium version could have done with more stuff to persuade people and a VPN may have helped with this. You may have people who want the VPN but don't need a password manager, encryption etc.

Edited by peteyt

I had high hopes but Eset keeps messing up the new releases. Just waiting for my time to runout and then find something else.
Some nice ideas just poor implementation.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Tmod said:

I had high hopes but Eset keeps messing up the new releases. Just waiting for my time to runout and then find something else.
Some nice ideas just poor implementation.

Could you please elaborate more on the issues you've had with v17? Are you receiving a subscription verification notification in gui? This is basically the only issue with some of users' licenses after upgrade to v17 besides that upgrade was initially allowed also on non-ACS systems.

Hello.

I myself have been a very long-term user of ESET (since version 2.7 from 2005). I was really looking forward to the VPN feature (for which I also added a suggestion for the next versions of ESET on your forum.

We now have a VPN in ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE. It is a pity that you did not include the mentioned version in ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM. What makes me the most angry or sad is that if you want to have a VPN, you have to pay for ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE, which costs €120 in Slovenia, and you must buy a license for 5 devices. I am very disappointed that you have to buy a license for 5 devices, even though I only use one device at home and therefore have a single device license for ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM. When the license expires, I will seriously consider whether I will still be your user or I will switch to another provider, e.g. Avast ultimate, which costs only €70 and also allows a file shredder in addition to VPN (which I really wanted) and a license for 1 device.
Now with the new ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE, you are similar to the way the music industry used to work, forcing you to buy a whole CD even though you only liked one track on the CD. I don't understand why you don't allow us long-time ESET subscribers to be able to buy ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE for just one device and of course at a much lower price than it is now (Avast for sub-level functionality than ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE is €50 cheaper).
I am very disappointed, because I was really looking forward to the VPN function and expected that we could also get it for ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM subscribers. What is also strange to me is that it is for home users (and not for companies) and you must buy a license for 5 devices. You could also take a look at your loyal subscribers and offer them some promotion for a cheaper upgrade.
I hope you will understand my criticism, because I believe that the feedback message from your subscribers is the best indicator of user satisfaction.

Greetings.

• Administrators

Unfortunately the VPN could not be included with ESET Smart Security Premium as it would substantially increase its price. VPN is a 3rd party product and there are expenses connected with it as ESET must pay its vendor for each license.

• Most Valued Members
On 11/16/2023 at 11:45 AM, Damjan said:

Hello.

I myself have been a very long-term user of ESET (since version 2.7 from 2005). I was really looking forward to the VPN feature (for which I also added a suggestion for the next versions of ESET on your forum.

We now have a VPN in ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE. It is a pity that you did not include the mentioned version in ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM. What makes me the most angry or sad is that if you want to have a VPN, you have to pay for ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE, which costs €120 in Slovenia, and you must buy a license for 5 devices. I am very disappointed that you have to buy a license for 5 devices, even though I only use one device at home and therefore have a single device license for ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM. When the license expires, I will seriously consider whether I will still be your user or I will switch to another provider, e.g. Avast ultimate, which costs only €70 and also allows a file shredder in addition to VPN (which I really wanted) and a license for 1 device.
Now with the new ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE, you are similar to the way the music industry used to work, forcing you to buy a whole CD even though you only liked one track on the CD. I don't understand why you don't allow us long-time ESET subscribers to be able to buy ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE for just one device and of course at a much lower price than it is now (Avast for sub-level functionality than ESET SECURITY ULTIMATE is €50 cheaper).
I am very disappointed, because I was really looking forward to the VPN function and expected that we could also get it for ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM subscribers. What is also strange to me is that it is for home users (and not for companies) and you must buy a license for 5 devices. You could also take a look at your loyal subscribers and offer them some promotion for a cheaper upgrade.
I hope you will understand my criticism, because I believe that the feedback message from your subscribers is the best indicator of user satisfaction.

Greetings.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:51 AM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately the VPN could not be included with ESET Smart Security Premium as it would substantially increase its price. VPN is a 3rd party product and there are expenses connected with it as ESET must pay its vendor for each license.

I do agree that it seems a little backwards if one user wants VPN they have to get a 5 license package. Most people would just not upgrade and either buy a separate AV or get a separate VPN. Both would result in less revenue for Eset

Here in the UK 39.99 for premium and 114.98 for ultimate. Nearly more than triple the price.

Edited by peteyt

On 11/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, Damjan said:

Avast ultimate, which costs only €70 and also allows a file shredder in addition to VPN (which I really wanted) and a license for 1 device.

This is really insteresting for me!!!

• Marcos locked this topic