Green border around browsers

That makes sense, as I have that installed, its annoying that it installed its AV even though I installed ESET first, anyway, that one mystery solved as well. and in the system mechanic interface, it is off, but it clearly wasn't, as it was causing problems. So a problem at their end, as I didn't install SM for the AV.

Thank you all for the help

Edited by matthewfarmery

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector for a start.

I uninstalled the software because I can't have borders for my work. Just being honest, based on the admin replies it seems like the feature is running as you guys intend and you do not see any issues. I have unfortunately invested too much time into trying to fix this, I feel as though a lot of the things I've said in my messages have been essentially ignored. I wish you guys the best of luck but I'm going to find another solution. I never create accounts to bring up issues, I only made this one because I've enjoyed Eset for 7 years now and was hoping I could get a better response. Again, wish you guys the best.

5 minutes ago, broderframefix said:

I uninstalled the software because I can't have borders for my work. Just being honest, based on the admin replies it seems like the feature is running as you guys intend and you do not see any issues. I have unfortunately invested too much time into trying to fix this, I feel as though a lot of the things I've said in my messages have been essentially ignored. I wish you guys the best of luck but I'm going to find another solution. I never create accounts to bring up issues, I only made this one because I've enjoyed Eset for 7 years now and was hoping I could get a better response. Again, wish you guys the best.

5 years*** sorry

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, broderframefix said:

I uninstalled the software because I can't have borders for my work.

I never create accounts to bring up issues, I only made this one because I've enjoyed Eset for 7 years now and was hoping I could get a better response.

I'm sorry to hear that. As you can see, @matthewfarmery resolved the issue with our assistance; it was caused by another AV being installed together with ESET without his knowledge.

You wrote you would find another solution. But will that solution have a protected browser? Asking cause if you don't require it, you can simply turn off Banking and payment protection in ESET completely. Another aspect is also how the other solution compares to ESET in terms of footprint and protection.

I still say you should try and upload the logs, its possible something in the background is causing the problem, and you won't know this until you at least try. either that, it might be a windows 11 issue, but wouldn't it be a good idea to at least know that? or the ESET devs know that so that they can fix it?

Just saying, that you shouldn't give up so easy, but it's your call, but the logs might point to somthing that could be fixed or changed.

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I'm sorry to hear that. As you can see, @matthewfarmery resolved the issue with our assistance; it was caused by another AV being installed together with ESET without his knowledge.

You wrote you would find another solution. But will that solution have a protected browser? Asking cause if you don't require it, you can simply turn off Banking and payment protection in ESET completely. Another aspect is also how the other solution compares with ESET in terms of footprint and protection.

I tried turning off browser protection and actually every feature I could, every combo I could. In fact when you turn off browser protection instead of green frame you get either yellow or red frame lol

2 minutes ago, matthewfarmery said:

I still say you should try and upload the logs, its possible something in the background is causing the problem, and you won't know this until you at least try. either that, it might be a windows 11 issue, but wouldn't it be a good idea to at least know that? or the ESET devs know that so that they can fix it?

Just saying, that you shouldn't give up so easy, but it's your call, but the logs might point to somthing that could be fixed or changed.

I would but the replies here also indicate they like this feature. To be honest I hate the feature even if it worked properly and removed the green frame within seconds (again mine doesn't go away and I get yellow and red frames).

For me it is simple, I don't want any borders ever. Even appearing for a few seconds is annoying because again, I have to capture my screen for work so there are many times when I will be recording my screen and then need to load browser fresh, then green frame appears lol even if it goes away it ruins my work and recording and adds more work for me. 

I've had this software for 5 years and it has functioned nicely in the background as it should. Now it is appearing on screen and I cannot get rid of it. I could reinstall and upload logs but that will not fix my issue as this is a design flaw for me and I'm sure many, many others, just no one wants to be bothered to do the work to create an account and come post here.

Anyways I've said what I needed to, I will check back in a month because my subscription runs into early next year and I can reinstall if this border frame feature is fully removed or full remove toggle is added. Otherwise I'll just look into a new solution after 1 month.

Well, I understand your reasoning, I also agree that a green border is totally not needed, and that should be reconsidered. However, in my case, the option in advance settings of removing the green frame does work. And it was another AV that is also at fault.

But I do think the devs should release an update to disable the green frame by default. But in your case, its could be either a windows 11 issue, or you have something in the background that is interfering with ESET.

That is why I think you should upload the logs, at least then, the devs should be able to narrow down what is wrong, especailly if you already tried to disable the green frame in the advance options and it still doesn't work. I wouldn't call that a design flaw, but something conflicting with ESET.  But again, I understand your reasoning, as I do feel the green frame is totally not warranted. But again, you tried to turn it off and you still get a green frame, or in your case other colours. That was something I didn't encounter. That is why I suspect you have something in the background that is causing the issue.

I also used ESET, I personally like the software, I personally not really sure what other software would have been as good? but that is a taboo topic here, so don't answer that.

all I'm saying is, unless you provide the logs, then a fix for your problem might not be forthcoming. At least with the logs, there is a chance of a cure.

But I will leave it at that.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

you can simply turn off Banking and payment protection in ESET completely.

Actually, that is not necessary. Just disable secure all browsers option in B&PP. This will result in B&PP working as it did in ver. 15.

• ESET Staff
5 hours ago, broderframefix said:

I would but the replies here also indicate they like this feature. To be honest I hate the feature even if it worked properly and removed the green frame within seconds (again mine doesn't go away and I get yellow and red frames).

For me it is simple, I don't want any borders ever. Even appearing for a few seconds is annoying because again, I have to capture my screen for work so there are many times when I will be recording my screen and then need to load browser fresh, then green frame appears lol even if it goes away it ruins my work and recording and adds more work for me. 

I've had this software for 5 years and it has functioned nicely in the background as it should. Now it is appearing on screen and I cannot get rid of it. I could reinstall and upload logs but that will not fix my issue as this is a design flaw for me and I'm sure many, many others, just no one wants to be bothered to do the work to create an account and come post here.

Anyways I've said what I needed to, I will check back in a month because my subscription runs into early next year and I can reinstall if this border frame feature is fully removed or full remove toggle is added. Otherwise I'll just look into a new solution after 1 month.

The goal was simply to protect more people. Our product block everything wrong, but in case of browser security we're more strict and we block everything, what's not definitely good. The advantage of this approach is that we protect you against malware we don't even know, and this works well for almost all customers. Disadvantage is that this strict policy may affect users, that want/need to have browser manipulated also by others. Because of that, it needs to be communicated, that browser is now protected (more than before). We did it via frame and badge.

Design of our product allows our users to be protected without ever opening product window. That's great, but it limits us to enable such strict mode to this people. That's why we decided to protect them (and you) more strictly as well by default.

If broderframefix read this and have 3 more minutes, just install our product, go to Setup > Security tools and disable Banking & Payment protection. I don't want to see your data encrypted only because of browsers green frame, especially when you have valid licence key. It's still better to have 90% of protection, than 0.

I appreciate that you told us about your problem with our product and I want to say sorry to you and to everyone, who feel it the same like you, but didn't post their opinion here.

I personally don't like this green frame, but when eset decided to enable browser protection by default there should be a notification that they did, in this case its a green frame. Although personally I don't like this green frame, but on the other hand I also agree that this feature is enabled by default because I see that most of the users in my work environment who don't have good knowledge about safely browse the internet through a browser, sometimes I even find users recklessly installing  there are so many extensions to browsers and it is even more surprising that a user like this is active daily to access internet banking via a browser because he is from the financial division. Every time you encounter a case like this, you really want to shout at them and say harshly, "Idiot!!!!". Because I know if something happens they will blindly blame the IT team.

Getting back to the green border or whatever other color is shown issue when secure all browsers option is selected, I suggest Eset do what Kapersky does in their B&PP feature titled Safe Pay. Just show an Eset desktop popup notification that the browser is running in B&PP mode which will fade away as do all popup notifications do.

It appears Kaspersky developers had the foresight to anticipate users don't like modification to the browser's display format.

Edited by itman

I too would really appreciate option to hide the green border, without disabling banking and payment protection. Although it disappears after a few seconds, i like to have a movie playing on one screen while working on other screens; so essentially, green border is always popping up around the movie fullscreen [amazon video] 

...Aha, apologies, just found the slide toggle 'browser's green frame' and turned it off.

All good now.

(setup>security tools>banking&payment protection>configure>)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 11:54 AM, constexpr said:

You are correct. Previously you have to visit internetbanking website, or run secure mode from desktop to be protected. Now you can safely browse all websites just by opening your regular browser and you're protected all the time. This was possible also previously, but since v16 this protection of all browsers is default On.

Just to understand it well, when you tried the 1st option, did you do 2 clicks - mark checkbox and then close the badge (X)?

note: Disable green frame via badge checkbox is only for currently open browser instance, disable green frame via advanced setup is for all following browser starts.

This protection is not taking my Vivaldi browser, why?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

This protection is not taking my Vivaldi browser, why?

As per https://help.eset.com/essp/16/en-US/?banking_and_payment_protection.html:

The following browsers support Banking & Payment protection:

Internet Explorer 8.0.0.0+

Microsoft Edge 83.0.0.0+

Google Chrome 64.0.0.0+

Firefox 24.0.0.0+

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

As per https://help.eset.com/essp/16/en-US/?banking_and_payment_protection.html:

The following browsers support Banking & Payment protection:

Internet Explorer 8.0.0.0+

Microsoft Edge 83.0.0.0+

Google Chrome 64.0.0.0+

Firefox 24.0.0.0+

Why browsers known as Vivaldi, Brave, Opegx can't be on this list?

2 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Why browsers known as Vivaldi, Brave, Opegx can't be on this list?

The simple answer is Eset maintenance cost.

Review this: https://kinsta.com/browser-market-share/ . Vivaldi is not even mentioned. Nor was it any other like article I reviewed on the subject.

My green border shows for about 4 seconds then goes away. I literally will not renew my ESET again if this isn't fixed. Its annoying....

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SOMAR said:

My green border shows for about 4 seconds then goes away. I literally will not renew my ESET again if this isn't fixed. Its annoying....

The green frame is an indication of that Banking and payment protection is protecting your browser. Not having it would be like not having the padlock icon in the browser and not knowing if you are entering sensitive information into an SSL-secured or insecure site. Anyways, the behavior will change and it will be possible to not to display the green frame at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I turned off green frame but now it does not show up for a few mins around browser when turned off? When turned on  green frame I don't get do you want to hide browser's green frame.  Did something change?

But I thought when you disabled the green frame that when you opened a browser that was supported that it would show for few mins but I don't see the green frame for few mins when it is disabled on launch of a browser.